KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Misc » Computer / Video Games Discussion » Gears of Wars 4

Gears of Wars 4
Started by: Arachnid1

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Arachnid1

Gears of Wars 4

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/06...ameplay-details

I always enjoy the multiplayer in these games. Getting a squad of friends together was always great. I don't care for the single player (outside of 2), but I'm looking forward to this.

PWNT

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 06:50 PM
Arachnid1 is currently offline Click here to Send Arachnid1 a Private Message Find more posts by Arachnid1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I enjoy the co-op and will probably pick it up for that.

My friend and I have gone through the first three Gears about 5-6 times. It's still fun.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 07:33 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tzeentch
#gottem

Watched the demo. I hope JD isn't the protagonist... he is so phucking bland.

"The Daemon lied with every breath. It could not help itself but to deceive and dismay, to riddle and ruin. The more we conversed, the closer I drew to one singularly ineluctable fact: I would gain no wisdom here."

Old Post Jun 15th, 2015 09:24 PM
Tzeentch is currently offline Click here to Send Tzeentch a Private Message Find more posts by Tzeentch Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

So this is really a sequel huh? Wonder how that'll work after the events of Gears 3.

Thanks Scythe for the sig.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 05:00 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Who knows?

Could take place hundreds of years later....

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 05:42 PM
Smasandian is currently offline Find more posts by Smasandian Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlackZero30x
Jack

Those creatures didn't look like Locust in the demo. I assume this is after humanity started rebuilding.

BlackZero30X:The Signatures XBL Gamertag

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 07:00 PM
BlackZero30x is currently offline Click here to Send BlackZero30x a Private Message Find more posts by BlackZero30x Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Yeah, or the elder locust hahaha.

I assume the ending of Gears 3 changed Sera in a different way. Also, there is talk that it's a different planet because there two moons but I highly doubt that.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 07:30 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Maybe with the Locust and imulsion gone, Sera's wildlife prospered and evolved into more advanced creatures as nature's way of rebalancing.

Last edited by Nemesis X on Jun 18th, 2015 at 07:51 PM

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 07:42 PM
Nemesis X is currently offline Click here to Send Nemesis X a Private Message Find more posts by Nemesis X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Maybe. It seems like an interesting planet filled with shit that will kill you. Anything could happen.

Old Post Jun 18th, 2015 09:11 PM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

I hope it is good as GoW 3

Old Post Mar 8th, 2016 10:17 PM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

So it has Marcus's Fenix son in the game

and it takes place 25 years years after the third game.

Last edited by Kazenji on Mar 9th, 2016 at 03:11 AM

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 03:08 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Hmm, interesting.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 04:02 AM
Ridley_Prime
Smug icon slayer

Oh, it's the son thing they did huh? Go figure.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 06:46 AM
Ridley_Prime is currently offline Click here to Send Ridley_Prime a Private Message Find more posts by Ridley_Prime Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kazenji
Onyx Prime

Wonder if they'll have Old man Fenix in the game.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 06:53 AM
Kazenji is currently offline Click here to Send Kazenji a Private Message Find more posts by Kazenji Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

So, if the fourth installement game has Fenix's son, is the Game still care about Fenix besides his son?

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 11:09 AM
Dante158 is currently offline Click here to Send Dante158 a Private Message Find more posts by Dante158 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

I really don't care if it's Fenix's or not but I'm interested to see what has happened to the world they inhibit 25 years later. I think it's a good move. It's probably better than being on a different planet.

Dead Space 2 did something similar with the Ishamura having it being refitted.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 12:52 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

http://www.dualshockers.com/2016/03...-game-informer/

quote:
•2-player couch co-op (Online TBA).

•Set on Sera 25 years after Gears of War 3.

•Imulsion weapon set off at the end of GOW3 killed off all fossil fuels.

•Humanity has become an endangered species huddled in walled cities seeking shelter from devastating wind storms (as a result of the bomb & intense war aftermath).

•Called “windflares”, sort of a melting of a hurricane and volcano.

•4 categories of weather in the game: Start out as heavy breeze (trees, leaves, dust kicking up) and grow into violent category 3 windstorms that can affect combat and weapon usage.

•Category 4 windstorms have you just trying to survive, super violent, dodging lightning strikes, etc.

•Think of the wind when fighting: Putting the wind behind could help projectile travel, but fighting directly against the wind could throw bullets back at you.

•Enemies also affected by the weather (which you could exploit and use strategically).

•“Outsider” camps outside of COG.

•Heavy inspiration on the setting from Northern Italy (forests, forts, etc).

•Want to get back to the “intimacy” and “boogeyman” feeling of the original Gears.

•Team settled on story that features 3 protagonists and stretches across a 24 hour span in game.

•JD Fenix (main character) is Marcus Fenix’s son.

•JD: Joined the COG militia, classified incident forced him to AWOL.

•Del: JD in the campaign, befriended him at boarding school (deep bond).

•Kait: Outsider, capable survivalist, shares Outsider perspective with JD/Del.

•Story begins as their Outsider village is invaded by a mysterious new force; kidnapped.

•The trio goes into the forest in search, wondering why only they were spared.

•New enemy is called “The Swarm.”

•After the war, too many Locust to bury so many were tossed into mass graves (our trio believe this new threat may be linked).

•First mission sets off with the trio in the forest, discovering giant cocoon-like pods, pale monstrous creatures erupt looking almost human.

•These enemies are dubbed “Juvies” (harkening to their seemingly first evolutionary stage of a new enemy).

•Juvies can eventually evolve into “Drones” (homage to the trilogy), able to use weapons, seemingly the main enemy type.

•Also experimenting with new enemies like the “Pouncer” (E3 demo).

•Pouncer switches tactics based on player (if you run out in the open, it shoots poisonous quills; stay in cover and it comes after you).

•New weapons like “construction based” tools repurposed for combat.

•Wanted to revamp the cover system; can more easily mantle kick over any piece of cover & perform knife kills.

•Can also perform a short distance shoulder charge, knocking enemies off balance.

•Enemies can also pull players out of cover and perform their own takedowns.

•Implementing dynamic cover (for example shooting enemy pods from ceilings in an otherwise open area).

•Big emphasis on multiplayer, saying original Gears development was 90% SP, 10% MP.

•Want to meet needs of recreational players and esports players.

•Acknowledges love for horde mode and promises fans won’t be disappointed.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 02:22 PM
Smasandian
Smell the Ashes

Cool!

Hopefully at the weather stuff actually mean something. Hopefully the MP bulletpoint doesn't mean the SP campaign is crap because that's why I play Gears.

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 03:02 PM
Dante158
The Soul Stealer

quote: (post)

Nice one bro. I think i might want it

Old Post Mar 9th, 2016 10:10 PM
Nemesis X
Cynical Tyrant

Release date is set and Gears 4 will be coming out on October 11th so it'll still be awhile.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2016 12:38 AM