KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC 2 Discussion thread... SPOILERS

POTC 2 Discussion thread... SPOILERS
Started by: Mønkey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (12): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mønkey
The Note

POTC 2 Discussion thread... SPOILERS

I saw it!!! I laughed, cried and wondered why the rum was always gone?

It was AWESOME! Well I thought It was!

If you've seen it let's discuss it here!

~eek! Join me in my war on lampshades eek!~

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 07:47 AM
Mønkey is currently offline Click here to Send Mønkey a Private Message Find more posts by Mønkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kusuri
Deranged but fun :D

I saw it today! and while it was ovbiously setting up teh next movie, it was still great nonetheless >_< ah, im glad we finally found out how jack's compass works n where he got it from... (SPOILER: even tho its say spoilers in teh headn i will say it again for all teh easily offend peeps ^^) it points towards the thing you want most (in ur heart) lol or sumthin like that...
n he got it from sum creepy (jamacian...) lady ^^ wit bad teeth lol

...JACK IS SMEXINESS...

Bound together with love... *chuu*

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 09:42 AM
kusuri is currently offline Click here to Send kusuri a Private Message Find more posts by kusuri Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
awesome-o

i couldnt help myself and got tempted to read this thread. im watching it tomorrow!! cant wait... thanks for not spoiling anything kusuri despite it being a spoiler thread lol

i would love it if Elizabeth developed a crush on Jack and then Orlando got jealous haha...

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 12:16 PM
awesome-o is currently offline Click here to Send awesome-o a Private Message Find more posts by awesome-o Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sparrowsbabe
Bugger

quote: (post)
Originally posted by awesome-o

i would love it if Elizabeth developed a crush on Jack and then Orlando got jealous haha...

haha u'll c... stick out tongue

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 07:46 PM
sparrowsbabe is currently offline Click here to Send sparrowsbabe a Private Message Find more posts by sparrowsbabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mønkey
The Note

yah that elizabeth bit was evil devil I hate liz even more now! mad

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 12:24 AM
Mønkey is currently offline Click here to Send Mønkey a Private Message Find more posts by Mønkey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

POTC 2 Discussion (MAJOR SPOILERS- do not enter if you haven't seen this movie)

Okay, for all of us who have seen this amazing movie its time to discuss it. I cant keep it in.

I loved this film.

There was alot that was taken away from the feel of the first but alot more gained in this sequel and so many character arcs were added it was almost overwhelming. Hence the reason i will see it a few more times to grasp it better. Aside from Johnny Depp, the real star of this film was the CGI. I have never seen a movie that looked as beautiful and REAL as this one did. These animated characters, who were very well written, had so much detail put in them it even frightened me a little bit, because the space between life and animation was completely erased and there was no sense of difference between the living things and the animated. The envelope has not only been pushed, but opened and the contents read. This is a broad movie, and a burly one too.

Barbosa. I almost creamed my jeans when he appeared on screen at the end. I wanted so much for this lovely characer to come back, and he has, with a mighty vengence. But how? He was killed. I am shaking just to find out how he lives. My theory is that there is soemthing to be learned, and the captian has a few tricks up his sleave to reveal to us. I dont think that the answer lies in the storyline of the previous film, no twisst or revelations, but something that we dont know happened to him.

The only thing I really didnt like was that at the end of the film i kinda didnt like Sparrow as much, i wanted to like him but i just couldnt feel it. This was probably the goal of the writers and we will see Captain Jack's true heroic side finally come out in the final film. We saw a glimpse of it towards the end, so i believe it was a clue to his own character arc in the third installment. The third will most definitely not be he end. Im not basing this on my wishes as a true fan, but how much story was attached to all of the characters. Disney will deliver to the audience i just know it. They will pull a Star Wars move on us and make these characters a historical icon in cinema history.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 10:51 AM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mønkey
The Note

Already a thread for this... click me

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 11:42 AM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

I was blown away by the CGI as well, the squid was amazing, down to the details of it's suction thingies. I also loved Davey Jones and his gang, their barnacle ridden skin was superb! I found myself in awe, and missed many bits of dialogue just because the feast for my eyes was so overwhelming.

About Barbosa, remember at the very end, after the credits of the first movie, where that monkey steals a coin or something??? Could that have kept the curse alive, hence Barbosa lived? I'm forgetting how that all worked, I could be totally wrong.

As for the future of Jack Sparrow, I can just see it now in part 3, the giant squid rises to the surface of the ocean, where Jack Sparrow is seen riding on it's back, holding seaweed reigns in his hands to manipulate his newly tamed wild beast. Also, there will now be an inevitable grudge held between Jack and Elizabeth, since she tried to kill him, no doubt. I'm wondering if this will eventually deepen their relationship and she will join his team, as was for shadowed in this newly released second film. That is my bet, Jack and Elizabeth will get involved, and Orlando Bloom will become their enemy . . . okay, I'll get a hold of myself now. Damn I want to see this again!!!!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 11:53 AM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PeterGriffin
Restricted

Account Restricted

Im gonna see it again for the ride, it was awesome, a little too long though, I thought there was going to be another half hour or so at the point just before [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Barbossa turns up because it didnt seem to be going anywhere, the ending was just sudden...but I guess seeing as it ties into #3 it seems ok.

The music didnt really do anything for me erm It was good, but in the parts such as the three way sword fight, the music didnt seem to bring the excitement up as much as it should have....the first one was better in this aspect. Loved Davey Jones' pipe organs though, that was awesome.

I'd give it 9/10, minus a point for being too long without having any real substance to it.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 03:47 PM
PeterGriffin is currently offline Click here to Send PeterGriffin a Private Message Find more posts by PeterGriffin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dyedblackroses

I was so mad at the end of it! SPOILER: JD can't just die like that! Plus what's going to happen in the 3rd one? How much is he really going to be in it? God All Mighty! I want to see the third one right now! I think that there is going to be a grudge between Jack, Elizabeth, and Will... I don't know how the 3rd one is going to be but I am definetly excited to see it!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 05:16 PM
dyedblackroses is currently offline Click here to Send dyedblackroses a Private Message Find more posts by dyedblackroses Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

I liked that will saw them kissing. haha DRAMA lol im glad it didnt end exactly liek the book said. it was satisfying enough....

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 05:52 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

"Also, there will now be an inevitable grudge held between Jack and Elizabeth, since she tried to kill him, no doubt."

i believe that there will be alot of tension between her and the rest of the crew when they find out she was the one who tried to kill him. she will no doubt be the one who saves jack in the end or something to redeem herself.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 05:57 PM
HyperDream is currently offline Click here to Send HyperDream a Private Message Find more posts by HyperDream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
forumcrew

Originally posted by dyedblackroses
I was so mad at the end of it! SPOILER: JD can't just die like that! Plus what's going to happen in the 3rd one? How much is he really going to be in it? God All Mighty! I want to see the third one right now! I think that there is going to be a grudge between Jack, Elizabeth, and Will... I don't know how the 3rd one is going to be but I am definetly excited to see it!

they arnt killing off the character that puts people in the seats thats a garuntee. And The kiss wasnt romantic it was to distract jack to lock him up, now will doesnt necisariyl know this, but it wouldnt be hard to explain to him.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 06:09 PM
forumcrew is currently offline Click here to Send forumcrew a Private Message Find more posts by forumcrew Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

"The music didnt really do anything for me It was good, but in the parts such as the three way sword fight, the music didnt seem to bring the excitement up as much as it should have...."

well, Hanz Zimmer has always been unbalanced in brilliance to me. I loved his score in Gladiator, but lately his stuff sucks because he doesnt do alot of the actual scoring himself anymore, his 'team' of musicians do the scoring and he simply picks out the ones he likes the best for a certain scene and stamps it. its like a musical assembly line. BUT i have to admit that this score was alot better than some of his recent stuff. i think he went back to solo scoring after the critisism he's been getting.
i have the soundtrack and i love it to death. its so fun and intense. i think that the director didnt really give it a chance to shine anywhere. like most good movies there is always a place in it where the music becomes the main star just for a split second, but there wasnt really any of the in this one at all.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 07:04 PM
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

Jack's screen entrance was once again hilarious, blasting that bird off the coffin!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 11:23 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Captain's Wench
Queen of da swashbucklers

Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
Jack's screen entrance was once again hilarious, blasting that bird off the coffin!

hahaha That was the best part!! But Jack will be beck...DUH! He's Captain Jack Sparrow....come on!!! And I would also like to add that Barbossa shocked the bloody HELL out of me...*I didnt read the spoilers stick out tongue * I gasped out loud!! Liz's crush on Jack is kind of cute...will they end up together!? BUM BUM!!!!!

www.myspace.com/ilovechristofer

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 11:50 PM
Captain's Wench is currently offline Click here to Send Captain's Wench a Private Message Find more posts by Captain's Wench Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mønkey
The Note

Oh yes I quite enjoyed that!
Originally posted by dyedblackroses
they only assumed he's dead... we know that you cannot get rid of Jack sparrow that easily!

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 11:51 PM
Leggy_n_Merry
There is always hope

Originally posted by PeterGriffin
Im gonna see it again for the ride, it was awesome, a little too long though, I thought there was going to be another half hour or so at the point just before [SPOILER - highlight to read]: Barbossa turns up because it didnt seem to be going anywhere, the ending was just sudden...but I guess seeing as it ties into #3 it seems ok.

Yeah I thought that too. I was like huh? It's ending?! It didn't feel like I was in the cinema for 2 and a half hours either.. but that was coz it was just so good and I didn't want it to end. I could have stayed in there for another 2 hours! Although I was incredibly uncomfortable. Stupid cinema seats.

Yup I give it 9/10 aswell.. was amazing big grin I don't tend to rate things 10/10 unless it's like my favourite film of all time (like Lord of the Rings.. although I did rater The Curse Of The Black Pearl 10/10 because it is one of my favourite films too) so the one mark isn't because I found anything bad with it.. just coz of the reason I just said big grin

Last edited by Leggy_n_Merry on Jul 8th, 2006 at 12:02 AM

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 11:53 PM
Leggy_n_Merry is currently offline Click here to Send Leggy_n_Merry a Private Message Find more posts by Leggy_n_Merry Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

the whole story of the the third installment is based on rescuing jack. itll probably be accomplished within the firsy half hour of the movie, but something goes horribly wrong and they must fight as a team to get out. everyone will get to be a hero in the next one. itll be sweet.

Old Post Jul 7th, 2006 11:58 PM
HyperDream
Oh the hugemanitee!

id give it 9/10 just for the simple fact that the big-budget seemed to overdoe things a little bit. i guess what i liked about the first one was that everything was down to earth, except for the bad guys, which was believable. i got really annoyed with the starfish attached to Bootstraps face. that was so annoying its like "RIP THE DAMN THING OFF!!"

but i guess i liked the fact that the chracters went in a diection that i didnt expect. Liz was like totally evil to jack -right after he decided to come back and help save them, which i thought didnt make sense because of the mere fact that it was a character turnover for him, and i thought that liz would be able to see that in him. the question for me was: did he go back for the ship, or for his crew? i guess that will be one pivotal question answered in the third installment.

Old Post Jul 8th, 2006 12:04 AM