KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » POTC 2 - Something I don't get

POTC 2 - Something I don't get
Started by: Gauze

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Gauze

POTC 2 - Something I don't get

When Will asks Gibbs what happened to the rest of the crew, he replies 'These cages we're in - they weren't built 'til after we got here'.

I fail to see how those cages could be built while suspended that high above. How in the hell could they have constructed them? What, they let the crew dangle from some rope while they get a crane and a few tanks in to build some cages? (being sarcastic, of course).

I fail to realize how they could have built those cages in mid-air, since Gibbs obviously refers to the fact that they were hanging there while the cages were being made.

----

Also, how did the cannibals fit will into the cage? Must have been a tight squeeze through one of those gaps. o.o;

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 11:28 AM
Gauze is currently offline Click here to Send Gauze a Private Message Find more posts by Gauze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

Re: POTC 2 - Something I don't get

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Gauze
When Will asks Gibbs what happened to the rest of the crew, he replies 'These cages we're in - they weren't built 'til after we got here'.

I fail to realize how they could have built those cages in mid-air, since Gibbs obviously refers to the fact that they were hanging there while the cages were being made.

What? Obviously they wouldn't have built them in mid air, Gibbs didn't mean they literally built the cages right there. The tribespeople would have held the pirates captive until they built the cages elsewhere, then shipped them in, and dropped it over the bridge or something.

I fail to realise how you came to that conclusion. blink

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 12:17 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rapscallion

Re: Re: POTC 2 - Something I don't get

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mišt
What? Obviously they wouldn't have built them in mid air, Gibbs didn't mean they literally built the cages right there. The tribespeople would have held the pirates captive until they built the cages elsewhere, then shipped them in, and dropped it over the bridge or something.

I fail to realise how you came to that conclusion. blink

I think you are a little confused yourself. Hsaid that because the cages were built using bones sticks and skulls. I think it means the rest of the crew is dead and their skulls were used to make the cages.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 12:39 PM
Rapscallion is currently offline Click here to Send Rapscallion a Private Message Find more posts by Rapscallion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hazardous

So? What does have to do with what I was saying? Regardless of what they were made of, they couldn't have possibly have been made while suspended in mid air, which is the argument here.

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 12:46 PM
Hazardous is currently offline Find more posts by Hazardous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

coulda built them, tied them no bridge and let them drop lol

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 03:00 PM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Joscail
HiSecurity Mental Patient

When Gibbs said "After we got here" he didn't mean literally in that exact location, suspended in mid air, he meant after they got to the island....

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 04:35 PM
Joscail is currently offline Click here to Send Joscail a Private Message Find more posts by Joscail Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression no expression
this face^^^^ expresses the whole point of this thread....all i have to say about it is wOw...

MapleSugar is my hero happyJoin the Raver Club! Now raver
Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 11th, 2006 04:39 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gauze

I thought the cage was made from wood. =/ I misjudged that line completely.

Jessigem, stfu with those faces for 'describing' the thread, thanks.

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 05:28 AM
Gauze is currently offline Click here to Send Gauze a Private Message Find more posts by Gauze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

that was mean jesse is nice..

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 05:29 AM
spencerspider is currently offline Click here to Send spencerspider a Private Message Find more posts by spencerspider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
*-=Fat sacK=-*
S.S.S Shagadelic

The cages were made from the remains of the rest of the crew. No they couldn' have made them suspended in the air. Like Mist said they probably held the pirates captive while they made the cages and then lowed them down of the bridge with the pirates in them.

Aurum potestas esthappyGold is power

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 08:35 AM
*-=Fat sacK=-* is currently offline Click here to Send *-=Fat sacK=-* a Private Message Find more posts by *-=Fat sacK=-* Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

quote:
that was mean jesse is nice..

quote:
The cages were made from the remains of the rest of the crew. No they couldn' have made them suspended in the air. Like Mist said they probably held the pirates captive while they made the cages and then lowed them down of the bridge with the pirates in them.

exactly big grin
gauze: haven't you read the mod's comment about your member bashing? the comment is don't member bash.

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 03:02 PM
jessigem is currently offline Click here to Send jessigem a Private Message Find more posts by jessigem Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

lol u find the perfect smilies lol i thought it was about to punch him lol

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 10:35 PM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

laughing out loud here ya go

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 12th, 2006 11:48 PM
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

owww lol first hug now a punch..

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:31 AM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

laughing out loud you said you were expecting one...

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:39 AM
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

LOL i was.. but then i dropped my guard AND UR A GIRL!! i said that in the other thread umm..one i made um..

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:44 AM
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

O IN WHO WILL DIE

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:44 AM
jessigem
<3 who? ec.

whatever. don't you think it's a little weird that i would be giving you a hug if i was a guy? talk about awkward messed

Isen grädde smörgås

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 12:57 AM
Mådness
Teenage Ninja Pirate

You never know with the internet. I mean, one of the members here could be Johnny Depp for all we know shifty

Insanity triumps over sanity...Mådness over reality...

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 01:00 AM
Mådness is currently offline Click here to Send Mådness a Private Message Find more posts by Mådness Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spencerspider
Green Goblin II

hey u never know nowadays!! the question is did i hug back

Old Post Jul 13th, 2006 01:00 AM