KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » A question about Jack

A question about Jack
Started by: sccch

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Nanami_XIV

A question about Jack

Ok,what do you think causes him to do those hand gestures and his staggering walk?

In the first movie,Gibbs was telling Will about the mutiny and how the heat got to him.

Will said 'ahhh,so that's the reason with (makes one of Jack's hand gestures)
Then Gibbs said, 'Reason ain't got nothing to do with it.'

What do you think he meant?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:34 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

I don't know...but some of his gestures look like he has had a very good education in a very high society...maybe I'm wrong...just a thought from me

...and his staggering walk form to long staying aboard!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:37 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

i dont think thats the reason...

i think its because it confuses people and makes them believe he is like out of it all the time and is drunk and not thinking correctly and all that junk. He does it so dont exoect him to do something incredibly smart cuz they most likley, atfer seeing him will expect him to do somehitng incredibly stupid. does that make sense?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:37 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

Oh also,have any of you realized that in DMC he was more serious but in COTBP, he was just joking around most of the time. Even though he was endangered in both.

Also,in the 1st movie he used his pistol and hardly his sword,but in the 2nd he used his sword and hardly his pistol.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 07:45 PM
Nanami_XIV is currently offline Click here to Send Nanami_XIV a Private Message Find more posts by Nanami_XIV Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jacky Sparrow
Pirate!

Yes, he was more serious...but I think because he had the trouble about Liz on his mind...and if you're sad then you're more serious.

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 09:17 PM
Jacky Sparrow is currently offline Click here to Send Jacky Sparrow a Private Message Find more posts by Jacky Sparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

well im guessing that all that hand gestures he does in a way to act as if hes crazy-drunk. i think he want ppl to believe hes crazy so everybody could believe he was on the island with no food at all.

i dunno lol im not making any sense my ass switched with my brain today lol

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 09:27 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
i dont think thats the reason...

i think its because it confuses people and makes them believe he is like out of it all the time and is drunk and not thinking correctly and all that junk. He does it so dont exoect him to do something incredibly smart cuz they most likley, atfer seeing him will expect him to do somehitng incredibly stupid. does that make sense?

i think i agree with you, but im not exactly sure what you mean,
do you mean that he acts drunk to make people think he will do something stupid, but then really he's going to do something much smarter

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 10:08 PM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

uummm, no. its just johnny's amazing talent. thats all it is. yup. case closed.

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 10:16 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I think it's some of both. Johnny Depp even describes Jack as someone who's had too much sun. I'm not saying he went crazy, but being marooned for three days with no food and only rum, which dehydrates you, it wouldn't surprise me if he suffered a little bit of brain damage. But fortunately he didn't lose his intelligence. I think the staggering is a result of the sun.
I think the hands flailing and the clumsiness are just his personality. He may be a bit of a clutz, but I think he's fine with people believing that so he can have the advantage over them. He's seriously the smartest character in the whole series, and that's even after suffering heat exhaustion! His attitude is just, "hey, go ahead and think I'm stupid while I rob you blind."

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 10:20 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

Originally posted by willofthewisp
I think it's some of both. Johnny Depp even describes Jack as someone who's had too much sun. I'm not saying he went crazy, but being marooned for three days with no food and only rum, which dehydrates you, it wouldn't surprise me if he suffered a little bit of brain damage. But fortunately he didn't lose his intelligence. I think the staggering is a result of the sun.
I think the hands flailing and the clumsiness are just his personality. He may be a bit of a clutz, but I think he's fine with people believing that so he can have the advantage over them. He's seriously the smartest character in the whole series, and that's even after suffering heat exhaustion! His attitude is just, "hey, go ahead and think I'm stupid while I rob you blind."

There,I think that's the answer...

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 11:05 PM
CaptinJackLover

Originally posted by mmoviejunkie
i think i agree with you, but im not exactly sure what you mean,
do you mean that he acts drunk to make people think he will do something stupid, but then really he's going to do something much smarter

yeah thats what i mean...

sorry i tend to type without really thinking if it makes sense, jsut like the way i normally talk LOL i dont think clearky and organize my thought before i speak

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 11:07 PM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
diddly
DIVING

YO HO A PIRATES LIFE FOR ME!!!

Jonas Brothers.....need I say more?? big grin

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 11:15 PM
diddly is currently offline Click here to Send diddly a Private Message Find more posts by diddly Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nanami_XIV

LOVE your siggy Diddly!!!

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 11:16 PM
CaptinJackLover

me 2!!!

i have a question...how do you put writing on pics?

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 11:18 PM
mmoviejunkie
willywanka?johnny wanker!

yeah thats what i mean...

sorry i tend to type without really thinking if it makes sense, jsut like the way i normally talk LOL i dont think clearky and organize my thought before i speak

lol, i see

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 11:51 PM
mmoviejunkie is currently offline Click here to Send mmoviejunkie a Private Message Find more posts by mmoviejunkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

me 2!!!

i have a question...how do you put writing on pics?
well, if u have adobe photoshop, its easy. just push the text icon and type, then drag the T box in your layer,channel,path box to the layers u want it to show up at. i finally got my siggy 2 work! whadda think? oh, and i made this Norrie siggy 4 any1 who wants it.

Attachment: norriesiggy.gif
This has been downloaded 45 time(s).

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Sep 17th, 2006 11:58 PM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

i love everyones siggy!!
mine is crappy compared to all of u are so awesome

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:01 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

want me 2 make u one? im like, in love /w making these now! what do u want? just tell me

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:03 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

oh well um sure if u have the time!! it can be whenever u can lol i have one but im nost sure if its crapy but i do appreciate u making me one!! i dont know how to thank u!!

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:05 AM
Nanami_XIV

Turns out I have PAINTshop Pro and not Photoshop. sad

Old Post Sep 18th, 2006 12:06 AM