KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Rush speaks of POTC3

Rush speaks of POTC3
Started by: Alina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Alina
Pessimist

Rush speaks of POTC3

I read this over at JDZ...I'm sorry I'm not allowed to post links yet but here is what he said about POTC3:

Rush is speaking from Los Angeles, where he is putting the finishing touches on the third and final instalment of the Pirates of the Caribbean trilogy.

"Actually, finishing touches is a bit of an understatement," he laughs. "We're sort of filming the grand finale of the great trilogy where 12 plots all converge on one massive, almost mythological, action sequence. It's quite extraordinary and bigger than Ben-Hur.

"The scene we're shooting is a global pirate summit, and I can't say much because (producer) Jerry Bruckheimer might kill me."

The production, called At World's End, made the news recently, thanks to claims Rolling Stone Keith Richards, shooting a cameo as Jack Sparrow's father, was drunk on the set.

Rush is of no help one way or the other in laying the story to rest.

"I think with Keith you get such an excitable persona you're not quite sure where he's at," Rush says.

"The man I met on set was a very playful, excitable kid . . . this completely eccentric character turns up and plays by totally different rules to the slightly more manicured actors who turn up, so that was very, very thrilling."

Johnny Depp, who famously modelled the Jack Sparrow character after Richards, knew who was boss, Rush says.

"He's the only person in the whole trilogy of films who can put Jack Sparrow in his place, and anyone who can put Johnny Depp in his place is a pretty cool guy."

Though the first Pirates movie was a hit with critics and audiences, the second, Dead Man's Chest, was notable for the fact the reviews were so bad -- and the box office so utterly, utterly enormous.

"There was something in the audience saying, 'Whatever is going on, we want to acknowledge our love of Jack Sparrow and the pirate world'," Rush says.

"And other films became runaway hits despite what any critics think. Critics hated Citizen Kane when it came out."

A global Pirate summit? Hmm, interesting....wonder if that is the scene with all the characters talking and all....

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 01:58 PM
Alina is currently offline Click here to Send Alina a Private Message Find more posts by Alina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Re: Rush speaks of POTC3

Thanks Alina smile

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:31 PM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
shannstar79
Jack's Girl

awsome!!
thanks for the post
big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 02:35 PM
shannstar79 is currently offline Click here to Send shannstar79 a Private Message Find more posts by shannstar79 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Thats was cool thanks!!! I cant wait for that finale!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 09:08 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reine_mk

that's great uhh can't wait!!

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 09:15 PM
reine_mk is currently offline Click here to Send reine_mk a Private Message Find more posts by reine_mk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

242 days i think till potc 3 lol

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 09:38 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
johnnyforever
[.Member.]

242?! wow. i can remember when i started counting down from like, 280 or somthing! really wasn't THAT long ago. you just have to stop thinking about it too much and it'll go by faster... hard i know!

[madebyScottie][/madebyScottie]

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:21 PM
johnnyforever is currently offline Click here to Send johnnyforever a Private Message Find more posts by johnnyforever Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

a little of patience wouldnt hurt big grin Next thing we know its gonna be already May!! at leaste our DMC dvd is coming son smile

by the way johnnyforever....im in love with ur siggy lol.

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:27 PM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

i liked this interview...keith richards...what a legend big grin

you know it seems lately that every tv channel i turn on SOMEONE is talking about jack sparrow...

in england there is a show called 'the johnathan ross show' and there was an old rock band on with bandanas and funny fashoin sense, and when they were being interviewed, johnathan ross told them that the last time he saw them they were on the black pearl with jack sparrow lolsmile

Jack sparrow is like a whole person now...hes this icon that johnny has created...but hes got a life of his own...its crazy!!! big grin

But i'm loving it because for so long johnny has tried to hide his talents behind low budget films and stays away from the media...and then he decides to do a big budget film...and LOOK WHAT HAPPENS....

he created another person big grin

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:41 PM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

thanx maria for the pm big grin with cherries on top stick out tongue

Old Post Oct 12th, 2006 11:50 PM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

no worries smile

"heres a little song i wrote..you might wanna sing it note for note...don't worry....be happy....big grin"

anytime hun big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 12:01 AM
T.Maria is currently offline Click here to Send T.Maria a Private Message Find more posts by T.Maria Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Be Happy now wooooohoooooo lmao

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 12:02 AM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

lmao! big grin

theres a sight with two little smiley faces singing it...its so adorable! big grin
cant find the link tho sad

that was my favourite song when i was a baby...i used to sing it in my pram and people passing my would look at me strangely...especially on the;

"dont worry, be happy now...awwwwoooooo woooo wooo wooooooo"

parts...yes, i was damaged as a child big grin

Damn...offtopic...quick, someone tell a mod....*cough*traitor!*cough*

roll eyes (sarcastic) lol kiddin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 12:08 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

LMAO LMAO LMAO

*cough*Mutiner*cough*

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 12:11 AM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

LMAO!! big grin

I tells ye.....one day there will be a mutiny aboard this...erm...board??? confused

*cough*Suck ass all ya want!!*cough*

Bwhahahahaha!
(and no i dont mean the person....although strangely enough everytime i hear that evil laugh i smile to myself...the dear child big grin)

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 12:29 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

lol i hope we get mutiny and marooned on an island with Jack big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 12:47 AM
T.Maria
Oh, Spiffing!!

mmmmm...jack.....

i love the name jack now lolsmile

and what i would give to be marooned on an island with jack...and i have no honour or lady-like manners so he could have his wicked way with me! big grin i really wouldnt give a toss big grin

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:03 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

...........no comment, focusing on 3rd movie

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:09 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

well technically u made a comment lool

o maria somenin funny happend lol

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:16 AM
ibd4eva
Ivebeendepped 4 ever!

what?

"Get that out of my face." "It's not in your face, it's in my hand." "Get what's in your hand out of my face." <3 set by yours truly

Old Post Oct 13th, 2006 01:17 AM
ibd4eva is currently offline Click here to Send ibd4eva a Private Message Find more posts by ibd4eva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote