KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » The Symbols Thread: Let's Trace our POTC Symbols

The Symbols Thread: Let's Trace our POTC Symbols
Started by: Chiki Mina

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (47): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Warning The Symbols Thread: Let's Trace our POTC Symbols

This is a thread where we gather all the POTC symbols. Like Lovely with the dog and Misty with the jack/liz behind bars. I think this is a great place for us to gather all our symbols and put all these peices together.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:20 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Re: The Symbols Thread: Let's Trace our POTC Symbols

The compass pointing at Jack. I don't care what anyone says, big grin but I believe the compass was pointing at Jack. Jack is what Liz wants most in this world.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:26 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

yes i agree! if peopledont beluve that then they dont know wat they r thinking!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:27 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Ok another symbol posted by Lovely is the one where Liz is kneeling down on her weeding dress, that scene actually looked as if she was kneeling right next to a tomb and as if she was mourning the death of a love one. Then it cuts to Jack coming out of a coffin.
Those scenes were mirroring Jack's death at the end of DMC, and Liz mourning his death.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:32 AM
Mistypirate is currently offline Click here to Send Mistypirate a Private Message Find more posts by Mistypirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

i dont remember that symbol being posted! but yes thats an excellent one!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:33 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Ok guys post some symbols....what ever yous want, it doesn't matter if is from COTBP or DMC. big grin

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:34 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
i dont remember that symbol being posted! but yes thats an excellent one!

Really? thats old. smile

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:35 AM
a-k-a-amber

yeah i'd never seen that one either

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:35 AM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

How about the dress when it drowend in the second. I mean why did the camera pointed and focused so much on that wedding dress whne it was drowning.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:36 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

i always thought it was just cuz it was a beautful dress! but its much more than that

does it annoy anyone else that her dresses are always getting ruined?!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:37 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Agree, IMO meaning that the wedding is doomed. And didn't you guys notice that after this scene of the dress drowning it cuts off to the curiosity scene? IMO the wedding will be doomed because of Liz's feelings towards Jack. The wedding will not take place because of liz.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:40 AM
CaptinJackLover

it does?! i never noticed t went straihgt to the curiosity scene (best scene ever)! hmm...that interesting big grin

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:42 AM
a-k-a-amber

ummmm they do kinda forshadow barbosa coming back i noticed that the hat looked the same.... and theres the locket thing did anyone notice that?

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:44 AM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

wat lockte hting?

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:45 AM
a-k-a-amber

the locket that plays davy jones's music thing is in tia dalma's house too i thought someone would have mentioned that on here by now

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:46 AM
CaptinJackLover

omg rele?! no way! ah! i cnat belive i never noticed...or nobody els ehas mentioned it!

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:47 AM
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

I wonder how davvy looked before he became an octopuss head lol

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:48 AM
a-k-a-amber

yeah if you look when jack steals the ring beside it is the locket with that picture on it hold on lemme see here!

Attachment: 23-249_potc_locket.jpg
This has been downloaded 169 time(s).

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:50 AM
Mistypirate
Viva Sparrabeth!!

Originally posted by CaptinJackLover
i always thought it was just cuz it was a beautful dress! but its much more than that

does it annoy anyone else that her dresses are always getting ruined?!

Well not actually, apparently the dresses are a hassle to her. For example the corsets. The dresses symbolize her restrained life. Hence, COTB she was having a hard time with the dress. That corset would barely let her breath, basically it was uncomfortable, she didn't feel right in it. So uncomfortable and perhaps hazardous because it made her fall in to the water and almost got her killed. If it wasn't for Jack she would have drowned.
And Jack taking the corset off from her is also a symbol, this has been already discussed, meaning that Jack frees her from her restrained life. Jack basically changed her life when he saved her and removed that annoying corset from her.

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:50 AM
a-k-a-amber

Originally posted by Chiki Mina
I wonder how davvy looked before he became an octopuss head lol
i guess like Bill Nighy lol

Old Post Nov 23rd, 2006 03:51 AM