KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Johnny's Golden Globe Nom

Johnny's Golden Globe Nom
Started by: vegaofthelyre

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
vegaofthelyre

Johnny's Golden Globe Nom

for POTC DMC!! Go Johnny! big grin

(Sorry if this thread has been posted before)

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:54 PM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

Thank you! Nobody else was bringing it up! I'm so happy for him, and shocked. Not that Johnny isn't fabulous, but most of the critics really bombed DMC. Oh well, hoorah Johnny!

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 08:55 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Did he really? good! he deserves it. i really think he should pull in best actor for AWE, since his part is going to be taking on such dramatic new levels. wink

i hope he gets the globe. that would be awesome. i swear, that kiss alone should win the award.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:02 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
vegaofthelyre

I was surprised by the nom too! But to be strictly honest, the critics did bomb DMC but most were pretty gracious towards Johnny himself... they just had issues with how long the film was, etc.

I'm just happy because this means Johnny will be attending the Globes. I just love seeing him and Vanessa on the red carpet. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:41 PM
vegaofthelyre is currently offline Click here to Send vegaofthelyre a Private Message Find more posts by vegaofthelyre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

And he'll hopefully be wearing a tux! Granted, he looks great in everything, but the nice part about the Oscars when he was nominated for Finding Neverland was seeing him all dressed to the nines. Sorry, ok I'll bring it back...I wonder if Geoffry Rush will get nominated for AWE next time around...

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:43 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Oh i hope so. Rush deserves it. Depp and Rush should both win for AWE> i have this feeling its going to be flipping amazing.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 09:49 PM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Yay! With Johnny down, now Keira, Jack, and Geoffrey should follow.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 10:24 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

Yay!!!!!! I hope he wins.

Yeah i think Rush should be nominated next time too. he is soo good.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 10:59 PM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Ya I'm super Happy for Johnny his Nominated for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical

against
Sasha Baron Cohen "Borat"
Will Farell "Little something"
and other peeps

im just super sad because they completely overlooked DMC....they all deserve it....i just dont see how the biggest movie of the year who has hit the the BILLION DOLLAR CLUB can be thrown to the side like that!!!sad

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:02 PM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

That's what I don't get about Golden Globes. Sure, POTC is really funny, but it's primarily an action movie, so I guess that just gets grouped into comedy rather than drama. I think of the people mentioned, Johnny stands a good chance.

Old Post Dec 14th, 2006 11:30 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IheartPocky
Not a sausage..

They should have an adventure category! eek!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 04:36 AM
IheartPocky is currently offline Click here to Send IheartPocky a Private Message Find more posts by IheartPocky Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CaptinJackLover

quote: (post)
Originally posted by PirateDiva
Ya I'm super Happy for Johnny his Nominated for Best Actor in a Comedy or Musical

against
Sasha Baron Cohen "Borat"
Will Farell "Little something"
and other peeps

im just super sad because they completely overlooked DMC....they all deserve it....i just dont see how the biggest movie of the year who has hit the the BILLION DOLLAR CLUB can be thrown to the side like that!!!sad

Borat got nominated?! i htink thats stupid...its not good enough quality to deserve an award i am mad.

but superly duperly excited for Johnny! he is the best!!!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 06:11 AM
CaptinJackLover is currently offline Click here to Send CaptinJackLover a Private Message Find more posts by CaptinJackLover Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

i doubt he's gonna win it honestly....F'in acadamy....

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 08:03 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Originally posted by sailorleo
i doubt he's gonna win it honestly....F'in acadamy....

WeLL im Hopeful....A performance like Johnnys doesnt come around very often.....the academy really needs to remove the stick up all their asses and seriously give it to Johnny! they already screwed up by putting DMC aside!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:09 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
sailorleo
Mrs. Admiral Norrington

omg! i just had a genius idea! WE COME UP WITH OUR OWN AWARDS SHOW FOR POTC! EH eh eh!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Norrie+Sailor= Happiness !bunny
Banner by Sailorleo *me*

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:16 AM
sailorleo is currently offline Click here to Send sailorleo a Private Message Find more posts by sailorleo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tee_pirategirl
YoHo!YoHo!

OMG that's SO BRILLIANT sailorleo you should start a thread...I really think u should.

plus I'm really happy for Johnny...he deserves it he should totally win and I hope he at least gets nominated for the oscars. and yeah geoffrey and jack and...deserve an awards as well. the whole movie deserves an award..I hope it wins best picture. I think it was unfair that Johnny didn't win an oscar for finding neverland...he will hopefully win this time

Freedom...

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 09:37 AM
tee_pirategirl is currently offline Click here to Send tee_pirategirl a Private Message Find more posts by tee_pirategirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

Was Finding Neverland really good? It looks good.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 11:51 AM
calypso

Johnny was nominated for GG, People's Choice, Screen Actor's Guild, Oscar and several others for COTBP and only won the Screen Actor's Guild award.

I have already been seeing the Oscar and GG award ads. I was just surprised that Keira, and Orlando didn't get nominated for anything. Keira had a brutal, physical part in DMC and shoud have been nominated.

Johnny should have been nominated last year for Libertine. What a great dramatic role. You forget that you are watching Johnny Depp play a role. He is so convencing that you believe he IS John Wilmot.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 02:43 PM
calypso is currently offline Click here to Send calypso a Private Message Find more posts by calypso Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

Originally posted by willofthewisp
Was Finding Neverland really good? It looks good.

its really crisp. well made. Johnny was very believable but his performance isnt exactly at the level of Captain Jack. Kate Winslet is an angel, though it's a bit odd seeing her playing a slightly older character.

plus the whole film is kind of tragic, historical, beautiful but driven by emotions.

I certainly don't watch it for fun.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 03:26 PM
a-k-a-amber

Finding Neverland is one of my favorite movies not only b/c i LOVE peter pan but b/c it just isn't something he does all the time its VERY dramatic but it's got an air of... i dunno nobility... its just really good I for one was bawlling at the end

"It would never have worked out between us."..... "Keep telling yourself that darling."

Old Post Dec 15th, 2006 06:37 PM
a-k-a-amber is currently offline Click here to Send a-k-a-amber a Private Message Find more posts by a-k-a-amber Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote