KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Movie Franchises » Pirates of the Caribbean » Just thought of something

Just thought of something
Started by: pyratequeen

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (7): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
pyratequeen
Cotbp Dmc Awe

Just thought of something

Ok, well, you guys know how we were talking awhile back about if liz would die or not? Well, I'm not saying she is, but if you think about it, the only way this whole liz/jack/will thing can be resolved is if she dies? anyone else agree?

Old Post Jan 26th, 2007 11:23 PM
pyratequeen is currently offline Click here to Send pyratequeen a Private Message Find more posts by pyratequeen Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Minie Mina
Lady Lara Croft

Then that will leave Jack and Will sailing off into the horizon lol.

Tomb Raider fanfiction: Heaven's Wrath

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 12:28 AM
Minie Mina is currently offline Click here to Send Minie Mina a Private Message Find more posts by Minie Mina Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
dichH2Odrinkrum
sprraswannian

thats a very good possibility! I have to agree with you on that becasue i don't know how ted and terry are going to make it where each ship is happy because if it is w/l the j/l shippers will be mad and angry and if it is j/l then the w/l shippers will be mad and angry so the only way to solve it is to kill one of them and Jack already died and Will will be the new FD captain.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 12:57 AM
dichH2Odrinkrum is currently offline Click here to Send dichH2Odrinkrum a Private Message Find more posts by dichH2Odrinkrum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

Umm...I dont get it. Why would she have to die?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 04:20 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

I have to second Pirates life; I don't necessarily see how her dying solves any of the potential problems raised by DMC. The writers have said that the ending of AWE will be bittersweet, not tragic. If Elizabeth were to die, and both men end up sailing into the sunset heartbroken, I'd hardly call that bittersweet. They've said that the movies are about character, and development is key. If she dies, Will and Jack don't grow much as characters, and very little is resolved.

I think it's a good possibility that Elizabeth will discover that her first and only love is the sea, like a true pirate. I see it more likely that she embraces her Pirate nature, commands the Empress and sails off into the sunset all by her onesies. T+T have said consistently that Elizabeth is more pirate like than any of the other characters.

Besides, you have to look at the other pieces of the puzzle. It's rumored that both Norrington and her father die essentially on her behalf. After all that destruction and sadness, it'd be a little heavy handed to kill her off as well. You also have to take into account that both Will and Jack want what's best for her at heart. If she wanted to be free, I think that both men would come to terms with that, though it would mean that they would give up what they wanted most in the world, which is bitter. However, in that manner of ending, Will more than likely gains a relationship with his father long lost father, and Jack gains a little selflessness. That is the sweetness of that ending, because both characters have essentially grown from where they started at the beginning of the series.

Though, I'll admit anything is fair game.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 05:53 AM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
katelovespirate

this not based on logic or anything, just my feelings, i would be really surprised and feel incredibly cheated if Elizabeth died.

all three films they are building up romantic expectation for her. they have to settle that fairly. this isn't pearl harbor. wink

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 06:04 AM
katelovespirate is currently offline Click here to Send katelovespirate a Private Message Find more posts by katelovespirate Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

I personally dont want anyone to DIE in AWE....even (now dont kill me for saying this but) Will! I really dont want anyone to die, but i can see were PyrateQueen is coming from.... in a Love Triangle either someone has to die, or Elizabeth will go of with someone we wouldnt expect (Norrie), or Decide to go on her own, but something has to be done! Either way Now, there are going to be ppl very dissappointed....i really dont know how they getting out of it!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 07:10 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Pirates life fo

I dont see why anyone would have to die to solve the Jack/Liz/Will thing. Why cant she choose Jack or Will without the other dying?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 07:34 AM
Pirates life fo is currently offline Click here to Send Pirates life fo a Private Message Find more posts by Pirates life fo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Because then half the audience wouldnt accept the relationship she chooses to go in!!!!

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 08:07 AM
PirateDiva is currently offline Click here to Send PirateDiva a Private Message Find more posts by PirateDiva Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
akanai

Oh please [Norrington's voice :P]
She won't die... She's one of the main characters ^^

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 08:40 AM
akanai is currently offline Click here to Send akanai a Private Message Find more posts by akanai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

I don't think they would kill off their only female lead. If you think about it, even though Liz is very much a pirate, she has a heart and it's big enough that she is at the heart of the story. She keeps everyone together, though mostly unintentional. Without her, Jack and Will wouldn't work together. She's too important to the sequences of events to die off. And that wouldn't make any shippers happy at all because there goes the only girl.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 02:25 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Djinn

i think so too. there need to be a girl who keeps the relationship thing alive. thatīs what people want to see.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 04:22 PM
Djinn is currently offline Click here to Send Djinn a Private Message Find more posts by Djinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

yeah, despite that rumor someone posted on Ohjohnny.net...I dont' think Elizabeth will die...that would not set well with the audience.

I think she can choose one or the other without one of them dying.

But I hope she choose Jack wink

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 04:47 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Djinn

me toooosmile

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 06:23 PM
Djinn is currently offline Click here to Send Djinn a Private Message Find more posts by Djinn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
savvysparrow

Besides, the writers have said that her choice was made at the end of DMC. So in fact, the triangle is pretty much already resolved. The writers never said that both sides would be satisfied with the ending. All they said is that one side would hopefully join in the other in applauding the most correct choice.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 06:24 PM
savvysparrow is currently offline Click here to Send savvysparrow a Private Message Find more posts by savvysparrow Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PirateDiva
So In LoVe WiTh JoHnnY!

Well i wasn't only talking about Liz dieing

Thanks Savvy! *Huggles*

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 08:16 PM
lovethemtigers

quote: (post)
Originally posted by savvysparrow
Besides, the writers have said that her choice was made at the end of DMC. So in fact, the triangle is pretty much already resolved. The writers never said that both sides would be satisfied with the ending. All they said is that one side would hopefully join in the other in applauding the most correct choice.

yep, you are right....so what was her choice...she decided to leave Jack to die to save the others and her heart's true love, Will....so why do we even still debate what is going to happen...it's pretty obvious.....

It's all good, though...cuz Johnny Depp is going to be playing Jack Sparrow in AWE...and you know what....Jack rocks...and so does JD....

I will never understand though..how Elizabeth could choose Will over Jack....jeez.....the woman is crazy...but then agian, men wrote this story...so go figure....

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 08:29 PM
lovethemtigers is currently offline Click here to Send lovethemtigers a Private Message Find more posts by lovethemtigers Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lovethemtigers

okay..i'm getting frustrated today.....and it's only a silly movie.....why can't I just leave it alone....it just doesn't make any sense...

Why did Beckett have to add in, ever so slyly.."a marriage interrupted, or fate intervene, you make great efforts to ensure Jack Sparrow's freedom"......

why did Norrington have to walk up to a smiling Elizabeth after the persuade me conversation and say "it's a curious thing, there was a time when I would have given anything for you to look like that while thinking about me...."

Why did that stupid compass have to mean so much...why did it have to show it so clearly pointing to Jack when Elizabeth held it...

Why did Jack and Elizabeth do so much flirting in DMC...
Why did they have to kiss...and then have their very sexy "almostkiss" right there before she walked away...

Why did Mr. Gibbs says "setting sail without a heading, something's got Jack vexed"...and then have Tia says "what vexes men most" and Jack responds "a woman"

Why did Tia have to say "ah, Jack Sparrow don't know what he want or do know but is loath to claim it as his own"

Why wasn't Jack Sparrow's compass leading him to the chest?
Why wasn't he focused on coming up with a plan to escape the wrath of the kracken?
Why did Jack's compass finally work for him on the longboat?
why did Liz have to cling to Jack's leg as he fired the rifle?
Why did they have to show Liz looking up to Jack surrounded by the halo of light?

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 08:48 PM
willofthewisp
Savvy did my sig

All valid questions and I think if they really wanted Liz and Will to be the couple the entire time, they would have changed the story in DMC in order to make the movie the same length of time without the scenes between Liz and Jack. It's bad editing if it's Will and Liz the whole way.

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 08:59 PM
willofthewisp is currently offline Click here to Send willofthewisp a Private Message Find more posts by willofthewisp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bwa Ha Ha

totally

Old Post Jan 27th, 2007 09:29 PM
Bwa Ha Ha is online now! Click here to Send Bwa Ha Ha a Private Message Find more posts by Bwa Ha Ha Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote