KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Community » General Discussion Forum » Philosophy Forum » What do these mean to you?

What do these mean to you?
Started by: Mindship

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Mindship
Snap out of it.

What do these mean to you?

1. What goes around comes around.
2. The best place to hide something is in the open.
3. Be careful what you wish for...you might get it.

Think they're true? If so, why?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:35 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonheartmm

1. not true in this world, no matter how much you want to beleive it

2. stupidity

3. elaborating that it isnt external things that bring happiness but internal perception/self image/emotions

Old Post Jun 13th, 2009 05:45 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Everything I wish for is awesome. I'm very careful what I wish for, because each one of those things should happen.

*waits for his own personal sharktipus to be best friends with*

Old Post Jun 19th, 2009 05:19 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rogue Jedi
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: What do these mean to you?

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mindship

1. True, kharma is a *****.
2. Last place someone would look I guess?
3. Yup. Count your blessings, be grateful for what you DO have, NOT what you DONT have.

All the ways you wish you could be, that's me. I look like you wanna look, I **** like you wanna ****, I am smart, capable, and most importantly, I am free in all the ways that you are not.

Old Post Jun 21st, 2009 09:34 AM
Rogue Jedi is currently offline Click here to Send Rogue Jedi a Private Message Find more posts by Rogue Jedi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tired-Hiker
El Bastardo

1. I beleive this is true. Every decision you make affects you in a certain way. If you make bad decisions and surround yourself with bad things and bad people, then it is more likely that negative things will happen to you as opposed to making good decisions and surrounding yourself with good things.

2. Sometimes if you hide something where people least expect it, they won't find it. True.

3. The outcome of obtaining something you want could very well be different than what you expect...sometimes in a very bad way. True.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 10:40 PM
Tired-Hiker is currently offline Click here to Send Tired-Hiker a Private Message Find more posts by Tired-Hiker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shadow Spider
All mighty overlord!

1) That can go either way. Sometimes it could be mere coincidence and you make it appear to be that. Other times it really is "what goes around comes around".
2) This can also go either way. If something is in the open you might not notice it since you instinctively go for the least likely and best hidden spot. But if said spot is perfectly hidden then that works just as well.
3) True, sometimes people can wish for things out of a sudden lapse in judgment (usually something negative). When they come true they'll regret it because they never really wanted it.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2009 11:40 PM
Shadow Spider is currently offline Click here to Send Shadow Spider a Private Message Find more posts by Shadow Spider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

1. My boomerang never worked.
2. Stupidity.
3. If only.

Old Post Jun 23rd, 2009 04:34 AM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TurboDouche
Restricted

Account Restricted

1. MY DICK, GET IT? TRUE
2. See above
3. ... I have nothing for that one.

WINGET

Old Post Jun 30th, 2009 02:10 AM
TurboDouche is currently offline Click here to Send TurboDouche a Private Message Find more posts by TurboDouche Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bicnarok
From Ganymede

All wrong, there is not set rule for anything.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 06:41 PM
Bicnarok is currently offline Click here to Send Bicnarok a Private Message Find more posts by Bicnarok Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lord Lucien
Lets all love Lain

Originally posted by Bicnarok
All wrong, there is not set rule for anything.
This reeks of cosmic absolutism.

How hypocritically paradoxical.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2009 08:27 PM
Lord Lucien is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Lucien a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Lucien Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
siriuswriter

1. SOMETIMES. but the fact remains, life will never be fair. one person may always receive the thumbs down and another the thumbs up. true in a utopian society, but the real world has things like 'different backgrounds' and 'different life-experiences.' so if this happens, it's probably more a coincidence or acute observation and action taken by the victim.

2. i believe this wholeheartedly, and so does sherlock holmes. smile

3. i also try to keep this in mind. with my particular life history, i often wish that something didn't happen at a very specific time - so i try to think of what the other road would have lead to. most of the time, i end up in a place i wouldn't want to be, so just have to suck it up and try to be okay with my life as it is.

It does not do to dwell on dreams and forget to live.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2009 12:16 AM
siriuswriter is currently offline Click here to Send siriuswriter a Private Message Find more posts by siriuswriter Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

if events are possible, the probability of them happening to anyone is always present.

it's up to the individual to increase/decrease whatever happenings in life they want to happen/not happen to them to the best of their abilities and knowledge. knowledge and personal power aren't fixed.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2009 05:56 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

1. Things repeat themselves.

2. A person with no secrets.

3. I wish for a banana split with lots of whip cream. I can easily go out and buy one. No harm done since my wish is not something harmful...however, if I'm in a diet and trying to cut back...then yeah...I might harm myself.

Sorry if I wasn't too analytical...I'm just lazy today.

Old Post Jul 13th, 2009 09:19 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
mindbomb
person

1 true for the most part
2 means you should not hide anything dont no how some people dont get that
3 same as number 1

Old Post Jul 22nd, 2009 03:34 AM
mindbomb is currently offline Click here to Send mindbomb a Private Message Find more posts by mindbomb Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lt_Champion
fragile, handle with care

1. totally true, a girl at mom's office made fun of us when we were having financial trouble when my daddy had cancer. She then got cancer.

2. True, I put things out in the open so mom can easily see it, and she still ends up asking me where it is, and no one looks for something out in the open

3. totally true! I wished for my dad to no longer be in pain and that he wouldnt die of cancer. Within a few months.... he died, not of cancer like everyone thought (due to him having had it three times) but because he was on a blood thinner and a major blood vessel burst by his heart and he bleed out. I wished for him not to be in pain, he isnt in pain. I wished he wouldnt die of cancer... and he didnt. Oh and mom once told a girl "i hope your crotch rots off" because the girl had caused mom's then husband to cheat on her, and the girl got vaginal cancer.

Last edited by Lt_Champion on Jul 24th, 2009 at 07:31 AM

Old Post Jul 24th, 2009 07:28 AM
Lt_Champion is currently offline Click here to Send Lt_Champion a Private Message Find more posts by Lt_Champion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarthLazious
Dark Lord of the KMC

Originally posted by leonheartmm
1. not true in this world, no matter how much you want to beleive it

2. stupidity

3. elaborating that it isnt external things that bring happiness but internal perception/self image/emotions

I agree.

Old Post Jul 30th, 2009 06:33 AM
DarthLazious is currently offline Click here to Send DarthLazious a Private Message Find more posts by DarthLazious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Quark_666
political cynic

Myths that feed off of coincidence.

Old Post Jul 31st, 2009 04:27 AM
Quark_666 is currently offline Click here to Send Quark_666 a Private Message Find more posts by Quark_666 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deja~vu
Dreamer

1. Probably true in most points but sometimes it just takes awhile before you see it. I've seen many examples of this, but I am still waiting for the others to take fruit. Maybe they have and I just don't know about it.

2. Pretty true. People generally don't look in an obvious place. I should remember that one.

3. Absolutely true. I'm glad I didn't get everything I had wished for or I would have grown taller. Lol

Old Post Mar 6th, 2010 02:26 PM
Deja~vu is currently offline Click here to Send Deja~vu a Private Message Find more posts by Deja~vu Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
linguistics

Objectively

1: What you might desire, you will understand in time
2: You will find everything in nature (before industialisation), if you know what you are seeking .
3: Do not let your ego take over, be aware of choise .
Please do think these shortened answers through.
Simon

Last edited by linguistics on Mar 7th, 2010 at 12:24 AM

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 12:20 AM
linguistics is currently offline Click here to Send linguistics a Private Message Find more posts by linguistics Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Re: What do these mean to you?

Originally posted by Quark_666
Myths that feed off of coincidence.

Best answer. The support for most of these things are anecdotes.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Mar 7th, 2010 12:31 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote