KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superman Vs Thor

Superman Vs Thor
Started by: SUPERMANDAMAN

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
SUPERMANDAMAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

Miffed Superman Vs Thor

I THINK SUPERMAN HAS THIS ONE WHAT DO U THINK

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 01:53 AM
SUPERMANDAMAN is currently offline Click here to Send SUPERMANDAMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SUPERMANDAMAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

This has been covered already. many times. just search the forum. Thor has it anyway, because his power is magic-based, and Superman is vulnerable to magic.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 03:11 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SUPERMANDAMAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

but hasnt superman beatin thor in the comics before?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 03:13 AM
SUPERMANDAMAN is currently offline Click here to Send SUPERMANDAMAN a Private Message Find more posts by SUPERMANDAMAN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

If you mean the JLA/Avengers crossover, that was only done to please fans. Logically, Thor should annihilate Superman.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 03:23 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SUPERMANDAMAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

i want to know how thor would hit him considerin superman can travel near light speed not to mention he is as strong as thor if not stronger so im sure if superman went hypersonic on thor i think he would win

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 03:44 AM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 05:27 AM
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

dude Thor is a fricking Norse god! of course hed beat an alien!

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 06:19 AM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SUPERMANDAMAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

well all im sayin is he beat him in the comics and how is thor gon to catch super man anyways?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 07:54 AM
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

although thor is not as fast as superman, it has been stated that thor is as fast as the lightning he commands (or was it thunder?). but anyway, thor should be fast enuf to take on supes. just check the other threads.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 02:33 PM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
SUPERMANDAMAN
Restricted

Account Restricted

but guys who won in the comics and hulk has beatin thor and superman has beatin the hulk so that should also mean somthing.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 03:50 PM
Jamaican

I personally think that if they went at it, w/o knowing anything about the other opponent, Superman would win. I dont think Thor would figure out soon enough that Supes' is vulnerable to Magic. I do however think Supes is smart enough to realize that Mjolnir is his biggest threat, and would find a way of taking that away from Thor. But if they knew each others powers/weaknesses, Supes would be toast....

Then theres also the possibility of Supes taking Mjolnir away from Thor and using it. Now considering that the hammer states that only 'someone who is worthy shall pick it up', (and Wonder Woman has picked it up before) so surely Supes would be able to (who else is more worthy). Now imagine Supes w/ the Hammer against Thor....umm yeah

Oh, i forgot, if memory serves correctly, we have seen Kalel pick up the Hammer before...

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 06:50 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Magee

lol superman beat thor to please the fans? I think a lot more people like Thor than supes so i dont know where ur getting that from arachnoidfreak. Also if this was a fight were they know nothing of the others existence Superman has a better chance than Thor winning. As in JLA/Avengers united 4 thor recognises superman beat him but on the other hand says it might be different the next time since he's got his number (knows his abilities, weaknesses etc, not phone number stick out tongue). so im sticking with Superman.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 07:13 PM
Magee is currently offline Click here to Send Magee a Private Message Find more posts by Magee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

I dont know where you are getting that Thor is more popular than Superman. Superman is the ORIGINAL superhero, as well as a classic. People that don't even like comic books love Superman, while not even knowing that Thor is IN comic books(he is a character of Norse mythology first, comic character second). You can thank the movies for that.

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 08:56 PM
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Arachnoidfreak
Superman is the ORIGINAL superhero

maybe the original DC superhero, but marvel came first...the early 1900s, and the first superhero they ever created was Namor the Sub-Mariner, and the second (believe it or not) was The Human Torch....i read the book about the entire history of Marvel Comics...DC came a little bit after

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 09:17 PM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

but in theory, Thor came first....ancient Norse mythology

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 09:18 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

LoL, this guy's grammar reminds me of someone else's...

That battle was horribly written considering Thor has myriad weapons at his disposal with which he could, at the very least, stalemate Superman.

Superman cannot use Mjolnir against Thor.

Not sure Thor would have to figure out that Superman is vulnerable against magic considering he uses Mjolnir what, 99% of the time in his battles? And how would Superman have the upper hand if he did not know exactly how powerful Mjolnir is?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 10:52 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Jamaican

Why wouldn't Superman be able to use Mjolnir against Thor, is he invulnerable from it? I'm not a big Thor reader, so I wouldnt know about him using it 99% of the time, but the few comics I have read on him he barely uses it, maybe just coincidence.

And this guy does remind me of someone else, types just like him, except maybe a little better grammatically...

Image created by - PXLFX
[email protected]

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 11:26 PM
Jamaican is currently offline Click here to Send Jamaican a Private Message Find more posts by Jamaican Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Hmm, let me ask what do you mean by "using" Mjolnir? Simply waving it around or clunking Thor with it?

Or "using" as in commanding it?

If the former, he has picked it up before, yes...but what's to stop Thor from summoning Mjolnir back to himself?

If the latter (which is what I thought you meant), then nay.

Will also point out that a compelling argument can be made for Superman defeating Thor, but considering Mjolnir can simply absorb all of Superman's energy and disconnect him from his source of power...not to mention that Thor is at the very least AS strong as Superman, and is quick enough...and Mjolnir has made the allegedly "invulnerable" Superman bleed...?

Old Post Jun 15th, 2004 11:31 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

1938 is the early 1900s. Superman is widely recognized as the first comic book superhero. Marvel didn't actually become Marvel until Stan Lee, Steve Ditko, and Jack Kirby started pumping characters out of their asses(seemed as if every time one of them took a shit, they made a new character, look how many they made!)

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 12:46 AM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I say thee NAY! I throw my cards in with Thor. Beating up Frost Giants since the 13th century b.c.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2004 02:31 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote