KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captian America vs. The Human Torch

Captian America vs. The Human Torch
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Captian America vs. The Human Torch

What I think is really cool is that Cap. could defend himself from a direct nova blast of the Torch with his Shield. I guess torch could just ignite any foe directly though, makeing him one of the most deadly there is. Still, i think its cool how Cap. can crouch behind his shield and it provides a surrounding protection. Mabey behind the shield, even torch cannot get past it. I think this to be true, in the way adamantium works. And if i'm not wrong, once it has been cooled from its heated state, it cannot be remelted. The 5000 degrees is what is necessary at its initial state, and it always remains in raw form. However they cool it, it is the perfect defense. Mabey they heat it so hot that it solidifies...cold.
That would mean the pain Wolvie went through was even greater than suspected.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 05:39 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

human torch would murder captain america.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 06:30 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

One word. Supernova.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 06:38 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

he couldn't deflect the Supernova blast because it would Torch everything in the area. That would burn his skin straight to the bone.

Though Cap would definitly be able to deflect normal fire blasts. Also, Torch rarely uses his Supernova because it drains all his energy. If Captain could outlive that blast, then he's just pummel Johnny's motionless body.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 06:40 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I think that Torch could just kill Cap with ease. Without supernova.

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 06:43 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The True Fear
Restricted

Account Restricted

cap is a very smart fighter. his genuis makes up for his powers. but he could not kill the torch. torch can fly so sit there and shoot fire at cap all day.plus he is surrounded in fire how do you fight that?if cap gets a big hose he could win.J/K

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 08:19 PM
The True Fear is currently offline Click here to Send The True Fear a Private Message Find more posts by The True Fear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Torch

Old Post Jun 22nd, 2004 08:24 PM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
FrothByte
Nailcutter Massacre

cap would need a lot of prep time for this...

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:21 AM
FrothByte is currently offline Click here to Send FrothByte a Private Message Find more posts by FrothByte Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Linkalicious
Iran...I Walked...I Jihad

he does possess the intelligence and ability to defeat Torch, but you're right Frost...he would need a lot of prep time.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 01:58 PM
Linkalicious is currently offline Click here to Send Linkalicious a Private Message Find more posts by Linkalicious Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

All that would be left of Cap is his shield, and those little wings on his head.

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 08:18 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

poor Cap

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 08:33 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

man you know what? in some strange twisted way i feel like cap could do it. this is one guy who annoyingly alwys finds a way to win. think of him in the ultimates where he kicked hulks ass, giant man's ass, and that skrull's ass who was going toe to toe with the hulk.
so maybe this crazy s.o.b would shove johnny in a pool or something

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Jun 25th, 2004 11:47 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by manjaro
he kicked hulks ass, giant man's ass, and that skrull's ass who was going toe to toe with the hulk

you really cant compare that because thats just bad writing (i think)

in reality none of that would ever happen...but theres always a chance for Caps to become the victor of this match

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 03:43 AM
Manowar is currently offline Click here to Send Manowar a Private Message Find more posts by Manowar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Cap has fought the Hulk before...with Doc Sampson...he even put the sleeper hold on Hulk hahaha....it didnt do shit but it was a cool fight...if we weretalking about a flame guy like Pyro here, i could see Cap winning.....but Torch isnt just bolts of flames, he can manipulate it anyway he wants to, make a flame cage, or make 20 flame duplicates of himself and attack Cap from every direction...or even absorb all the heat in Cap's vicinity and freeze him...Torch uses prep time too and if he prepared as much as Cap he would still own him.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 05:57 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Pyro is just a friggin lame character, so of course he would lose against someone like Captain America

Torch is much stronger than most realize

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 06:07 PM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

i agree....he is very underestimated

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 06:19 PM
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Pyro is only considered lame because of his friggin costume: (please log in to view the image)

He looks much cooler in the movie, and his powers have great potential. He needs a make-over.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 07:40 PM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

ehh but even so he still doesnt have as much control over flame as johnny

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 11:03 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Well Pyro's dead now, so no use crying about his wuss-bag costume.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2004 11:42 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Manowar
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing out loud true

Old Post Jun 27th, 2004 12:48 AM