KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Silver Surfer VS Superman

Norrin Radd VS Kal-El
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Norrin Radd 32 72.73%
Kal-El 12 27.27%
Total: 44 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Silver Surfer VS Superman
Started by: Loot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Loot

Silver Surfer VS Superman

yes, i do understand the irony of this post, but someone had to do it.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 07:17 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

yeah, the whole time i thought GL vs. Surfer was supes vs. surfer lol

but i still go with silver surfer winning, a man who's powered by solar energy versus a man who can suck up solar energy...

Last edited by Havoc470 on Oct 7th, 2004 at 07:46 PM

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 07:40 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

exactly, surfer is so superior in many ways, how can´t you guys see it.
we are not talking about superman pre-crisis

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 07:57 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I am going to be honest here. Surfer is my favorite Marvel hero and I do have every issue of his from vols. 1-4. I know his powers and limitations rather well. But I dont think he can stand up to the might of superman. This would be a good fight. But the man of steel would crush the noble Norrin Radd.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 08:27 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

doesnt SS have a healing factor?

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 08:29 PM
Havoc470 is currently offline Click here to Send Havoc470 a Private Message Find more posts by Havoc470 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lil-Goblin
Restricted

Account Restricted

No. Also, TIGA GOT ANOTHER VOTE!

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 08:41 PM
Lil-Goblin is currently offline Click here to Send Lil-Goblin a Private Message Find more posts by Lil-Goblin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Never
Grammaton Cleric

Um, NO Superman would not. Surfer can EASILY drain Superman no problem. Several heroes in the Marvel Universe can go toe-to-toe with or overcome Superman, including Silver Surfer, Binary, and Thor.

Superman is admittedly inferior to Martian Manhunter who poses more of a threat to Surfer. Honestly MM and Surfer would probably waste eons trying to outmaneuver one another.

Old Post Oct 7th, 2004 10:41 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

...until Surfer accidentally stumbles onto the fireweakness, which highly unlikely will take eons (a day or two, three at the most).

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 06:54 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

thats the problem with MM, i also think that a fight between him and SS would be better, but his fire problem would be indeed an disavantage, if MM didn´t had that the fight would be much better then a fight against superman, mas even so i think in the end Surfer would come out victorious.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 07:07 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

As far as i Know SS has no fighting skills at all. If it came to hand to hand combat Surfer would not last long. His Cosmic blasts I dont think would affect Superman at all. He cant fly without his board. And as far as draining him sounds like a last resort to me and is actually all speculation. And Superman did give Thor a nap in the Jla/Avengers crossover. I remember reading vol. #86 in which Thor defeats Surfer in a Silver Surfer comic book. Dont get me wrong Norrin Radd is one badass Marvel hero but no match for Superman.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 07:08 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

surfer has no fighting skills but superman has?? LOL
superman sucks at fightig skills.
superman give a nap at thor in a crossover that SUCKED.

about surfer flying in his board, i had read in the net that he could actually fly, but i have never seen him do it without the board, even so he can attach his feet to the board, it is not a big disavantage has you think.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 07:12 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I read one issue from vol. 3 in which Norrin actually says that he cannot fly without his board. If I can find it Ill let you know so you can see for yourself.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 07:16 PM
Loot

lol, i´ve said i have never seen him fly withou his board either, i didn´t said he could, just read it in ione place, if you want i can post the link.

but it doesn´t matter if he can´t fly without his board, really, the board his like a member of his body.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 07:21 PM
Loot

THE SURFBOARD:
The Silver Surfer’s board is a construct of unknown material. It appears to be made from the same reflective material as the Surfer’s body coating. The board is psionically linked to its owner and can automatically respond to his mental commands. It can travel independent of him and return to him if they are separated. When he rides it, the Surfer’s feet automatically adhere to the board’s upper surface. The board has the following powers:

True Flight: The board can attain CL5000 speed (10,000 mph in the atmosphere/1,000,000 mph in space). Within planetary atmospheres, he moves at Shift-Z speeds.
Dimension Travel: Once its maximum speed is reached, the board can enter hyper-space to quickly reach any section of the universe.
Phasing: The board has the Monstrous ability to render itself and its rider(s) temporarily immaterial. This power is used to enable them to pass through a barrier or to travel through space without risking collision damage with spaceborne particles.
Body Armor: The board has CL3000 Material Strength.

by the way even without the board i would give the victory to surfer, don´t you see that he can drain all supermans energy, or destroy his source of power? or that he has the habilitie to rearrange matter, how would superman escape from this one i would like to know

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 07:29 PM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Oh im sure Batman would lend him a hand.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 09:08 PM
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

He can pelt SS with baterangs. And the fight is Silver Surfer vs Superman, not Silver Surfer vs Superman and his friends.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 09:16 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Havoc470
Smo

whoa, this is silver surfer vs. superman, no one else

either way, SS has a mental link with his board at all times, so even if superman does take it away from SS it'll only gonna come back

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 09:17 PM
Never
Grammaton Cleric

quote:
Originally posted by Beyonder
...until Surfer accidentally stumbles onto the fireweakness, which highly unlikely will take eons (a day or two, three at the most).

Which fire weakness? The one that no longer exists? Tsk, J'onnz is no longer vulnerable to fire, gentlemen.

quote:
Originally posted by juggernaut74

As far as i Know SS has no fighting skills at all. If it came to hand to hand combat Surfer would not last long. His Cosmic blasts I dont think would affect Superman at all. He cant fly without his board. And as far as draining him sounds like a last resort to me and is actually all speculation. And Superman did give Thor a nap in the Jla/Avengers crossover. I remember reading vol. #86 in which Thor defeats Surfer in a Silver Surfer comic book. Dont get me wrong Norrin Radd is one badass Marvel hero but no match for Superman.

Goodness, what is it with the "juggernaut" moniker? Does it render you instantly misinformed?

Surfer has no "fighting skills?" Since when did he NEED any? He does not have to touch Superman. Re: his cosmic blasts, you are wrong. Period. As far as Surfer DRAINING Superman, he can detect AND drain energy sources, similar to Photon's ability (albeit more limited). He DRAINED the gamma radiation from Hulk, transforming him into Bruce Banner. He can DRAIN all of the solar energy from Superman. Thor with Mjolnir can do the SAME thing. Re: Superman vs. Thor, what an idiotically written battle - Thor tries to WALK through Superman's heat ray vision when he could have simply ABSORBED it? Yeah right.

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 10:34 PM
Never is currently offline Click here to Send Never a Private Message Find more posts by Never Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

surfer would win, he has probably equil speed, strength, durability as supes, and the power cosmic on top of that, witch owns supes little eye beams and anything else he can do

IM AWESOME

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 11:12 PM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

It seems nobody is ever happy

Old Post Oct 8th, 2004 11:55 PM