KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Wolverine vs. Galactus

Wolverine vs. Galactus
Started by: Cosmic_Beings

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Cosmic_Beings
Restricted

Account Restricted

Wolverine vs. Galactus

Galactus would win before Wolverine even thought about it. But A few years ago, I was looking at comics at a local store to catch up, and there was an issue of Wolverine, which was Wolverine vs. Galactus. I was shocked, and I opened the comic, and I saw Wolverine running up to Galactus and extending his claws, even though Galactus was probably a few miles tall.

How the hell did that happen? How did they get in that situation? What the hell? I found this picture, but that is it. Anyone with information on how this happened, and what happened, please tell me!

Attachment: wgal.jpg
This has been downloaded 191 time(s).

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 05:53 PM
Cosmic_Beings is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic_Beings a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic_Beings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

I will cry if the line "Wolverine, Herald of Galactus" is written in that book.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 05:57 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

I think the comic you may be referring to is Wolverine #138, where Wolverine and the Starjammers are trying to save a prison planet from being consumed by Galactus. The whole ordeal in saving the planet is terribly unsuccessful and I think the use of Wolverine vs. Galactus (cannot remember if it was on the cover) was just an attention grabber.

Wolverine barely even got Galactus' notice in the comic. It was not a one-on-one fight as you would think.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 06:08 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic_Beings
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK, I finally found it online after you mentioned it was issue 138.
Wolverine tries to destroy Galactus' Elemental Converter, while someone else keeps Galactus busy by trying to take over his mind (who of course was instantly unsuccessful and killed lol). So Wolverine accually gets to the converter, and pulls out his claws and tries to cut it, but his worthless bone claws instantly break against it. He sits there in disbelief at his own worthlessness, and finally Galactus notices him, but the Starjammers save him in the nick of time.
It's kind of cool because it forshadows how Wolverine would eventually get his adamantium-fused skeleton back, willingly.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 06:27 PM
Cosmic_Beings is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic_Beings a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic_Beings Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

quote:
Originally posted by Cosmic_Beings
Wolverine tries to destroy Galactus' Elemental Converter, while someone else keeps Galactus busy by trying to take over his mind (who of course was instantly unsuccessful and killed lol). So Wolverine accually gets to the converter, and pulls out his claws and tries to cut it, but his worthless bone claws instantly break against it. He sits there in disbelief at his own worthlessness, and finally Galactus notices him, but the Starjammers save him in the nick of time.

Greatest. Comic. Ever.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 06:43 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic_Beings
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Greatest. Comic. Ever.

And the funny thing is that at the beginning of the next issue, he is sitting at a bar drinking.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 09:14 PM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by Swanky-Tuna
Greatest. Comic. Ever.

Naw, Punisher kills the marvel universe... simply because wolvie dies to punisher... LMAO!

This forum sucks.

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 09:23 PM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lightaxe
axe man numero uno

i need to find that comic, people mention it all the time, does punisher kill Hulk and Juggernaut and Captain America and stuff too?

Old Post Oct 22nd, 2004 10:36 PM
lightaxe is currently offline Click here to Send lightaxe a Private Message Find more posts by lightaxe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

And people said my aunt may vs Superman poll was a waste of space. This match up is about the same thing.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 12:44 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Well, if you read the first post, you'd know he was asking about a comic with "Galactus vs Wolverine" on the cover.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 01:21 AM
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

I did read it. I just think that somebody sooner or later will argue about it.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 01:50 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Ugh. Please tell me you were kidding. The Punisher Pathetically Cheats the Marvel Universe is literally the worst comic ever to come out of Marvel. I lost 99% of whatever respect I had for Marvel when they published that. It nearly made me throw up.

Yes, he kills Captain America after he gets his ass kicked. He walks up and shoots him, evidently Cap didn't bother to assume Punisher would shoot him!! He also killed Spider-Man the same way, evidently Spider-Man's spider-sense didn't exist at that point. He also killed numerous other characters in ways that could not happen. The writer *I forgot his name* did not know a god damn thing about Marvel. He kills Banner when he realizes he can't Kill Hulk. He doesn't fight Juggernaut, nor Thor, Silver Surfer, or any of the other major league characters.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 02:19 AM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Actually I take that back. Juggernaut is among the entirety of the Marvel mutants when Magneto *who is apparently leading Apocalypse and other mutants....like hell* and the X-Men meet on an asteroid or something to fight. Punisher then blows it up.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 02:22 AM
wrathofachilles is currently offline Click here to Send wrathofachilles a Private Message Find more posts by wrathofachilles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Those who could survive in space must of been cheesed off.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 02:29 AM
Nataku8188
KMC Tyrant

quote:
Originally posted by wrathofachilles
Ugh. Please tell me you were kidding. The Punisher Pathetically Cheats the Marvel Universe is literally the worst comic ever to come out of Marvel. I lost 99% of whatever respect I had for Marvel when they published that. It nearly made me throw up.

Yes, he kills Captain America after he gets his ass kicked. He walks up and shoots him, evidently Cap didn't bother to assume Punisher would shoot him!! He also killed Spider-Man the same way, evidently Spider-Man's spider-sense didn't exist at that point. He also killed numerous other characters in ways that could not happen. The writer *I forgot his name* did not know a god damn thing about Marvel. He kills Banner when he realizes he can't Kill Hulk. He doesn't fight Juggernaut, nor Thor, Silver Surfer, or any of the other major league characters.

Dude... the comic wasn't serious to begin with.

This forum sucks.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 02:38 AM
Nataku8188 is currently offline Click here to Send Nataku8188 a Private Message Find more posts by Nataku8188 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wrathofachilles

Yes I know that. That's about as obvious as the sky is blue. Doesn't make it any less pathetic though.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2004 02:43 AM
Priest

So, who wins?

Old Post Mar 13th, 2008 11:54 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Priest
So, who wins?
We all lose.

Closed......

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Mar 14th, 2008 12:31 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote