KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » dotor doom vs green lantern

dotor doom vs green lantern
Started by: bakerboy

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
bakerboy

dotor doom vs green lantern

Who would win this one? with preparition time, ill said doom, but in one fight, ill say lantern. And you?

John Lennon, Musical genius of all time

Helen Mirren and Julie Christie , most lovely british actresses of all time.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 07:29 PM
bakerboy is currently offline Click here to Send bakerboy a Private Message Find more posts by bakerboy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

Lantern wins this one either way.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Nov 7th, 2004 10:04 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

?

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 07:41 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

doom wins in his boxers...wow that feels good just making a bias statement with nothing to back it up

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 07:42 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

Well GL's boxers are just regular old boxers. I'm sure Doom has some super kick ass boxers seeing as he's the leader of his own country...

...So I say Doom takes it compliments of those leopard print silk shorts (snazzy!)

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 08:23 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
eleveninches
God of my own world

Hal would whoop dooms a$$ anyday

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 09:50 AM
eleveninches is currently offline Click here to Send eleveninches a Private Message Find more posts by eleveninches Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Depends on which GL you're talking about. After the stupid mistake Kyle did in Identity Crisis #3 I don't think he could win.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 11:05 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

with prep time maybe doom is able of pulling this one, but if he ran into a GL in the corner of a street, he would loose.
GL is from DC doom wouldn´t know what he´s capable of.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 11:27 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

And GL wouldn't know what Doom is capable of, with or without prep. Whether GL won or not, either way GL's getting skooled.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 01:03 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

i think GL would won the battle and Doom the war. in they´re first fight i think GL would beat him, yes he doesn´t know doom but he has the power of his imagination, he would take him out (in my opinion). Doom seeing his not able to pull this one runs away, preparing himself for the next confrontation, and when that happen he would beat the lantern.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 03:53 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Doom is far more unpredictable than GL...its not likely Doom would just try blastin GL with force bolts...he's Doom not Blastaar...even his base armor would prove a challenge to any energy wielding opponent like GL...Im not trying to say this is an easy win for either guy...however just saying "GL obviously kicks Dooms ass" is a ridiculous statement and isnt backed up by anything. If Doom's armor is sufficient to engage Tyros with Silver Surfer level cosmic energy then he would be no push over for GL...regardless, how many times has Doom demonstrated it was easy for him to simply steal the power of characters more powerful than GL...Silver Surfer, Galactus, The Watcher, the Byonder, a failed attempt on Hyperstorm and Onslaught for the sake of the story...GL is far weaker than all of these characters...it would probably be relatively easy for Doom to steal his power...Furthermore, when has Doom ever been easily defeated?...certainly not by a single mid tier narrow minded hero like GL, with vastly inferior intelligence...when has the actual Doom (not a doombot) been put into submission with certainty? by the Fantastic Four, By the Dreaming Celestial, By Hyperstorm...Never by a guy with slightly higher than normal IQ...Reed Richards and Hyperstorm are two of the greatest genius in Marvel...and a Celestial? a being almost as old as the universe and created by Eternity/ the BEYONDERS, is pretty damn smart...no incarnation of GL has the necessary intelligence.

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 07:19 PM
Evangel94
Premium Member

Without Prep:
If it's Green Lantern Hal or Kyle, they win.

With prep:
Dr. Doom

Forever Young...

Old Post Nov 8th, 2004 08:22 PM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
doom wins in his boxers...wow that feels good just making a bias statement with nothing to back it up

Lantern wins either way. Enough said.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 12:14 AM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Doom would have a difficult time if GL attacked him using constructs instead of energy

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 01:50 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr. Sandman
Sintastic

Doom would whoop his ass and then steal his ring...and then conquer the DC earth.

You don't really have to make a "prep time" argument. None of the Green Lanterns would kill Doom on the first pass, thinking that they defeated him...unfortunately it's naive to think so. Doom would come back, steal the ring, kill the GL, kill the rest of the GL Corp when they came after him, steal the power from the Lantern HQ, kill the guardians, take over the planet, and then would have to man up to Hal Jordan, aka, the Spectre.

Now THAT is a match. Doom with all that power vs Spectre. Damn...imagine that, Doom with Parallax's power.

I may be letting my imagination run rampant...but Doom still takes it.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 04:35 AM
Mr. Sandman is currently offline Click here to Send Mr. Sandman a Private Message Find more posts by Mr. Sandman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Arsenal

Awesome scenario Arachnoidfreak, I would buy that if they made one.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2004 11:12 AM
Arsenal is currently offline Click here to Send Arsenal a Private Message Find more posts by Arsenal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tron
Shinigami Rep.

Now, I'll take the opportunity to defend GL. Gl's not a mid-tier character (or shouldn't be anyways), GL's a character that should be up there with Superman, Batman, and Wonder Woman on the JLA roster. Now, Hal was sort of on that spot, John, Guy, or especially Kyle never got that far up though, unfortunately. So put simply, the Greeen Lantern character isn't mid-tier at all, although the person who wield's a ring might be, which is the exception. With that said, Doom still wins, in my opinion. If it's the newly returning Hal, then Doom has much more of a fight.

Visit my city, or die at the hands of my ninjas

Old Post Nov 10th, 2004 04:27 PM
Tron is currently offline Click here to Send Tron a Private Message Find more posts by Tron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BattleMage
Legendary insain fist!

G.L. no

Rest assured. DOOM made no mistake for he is PERFECTION!

Old Post Nov 1st, 2009 11:37 PM
BattleMage is currently offline Click here to Send BattleMage a Private Message Find more posts by BattleMage Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Omega Vision
Face Flowed Into Her Eyes

quote: (post)
Originally posted by MERCILOUS
Well GL's boxers are just regular old boxers. I'm sure Doom has some super kick ass boxers seeing as he's the leader of his own country...

...So I say Doom takes it compliments of those leopard print silk shorts (snazzy!)

Insolent fool! Doom wears briefs! They are what Doom needs to support Doom's crotch!

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 12:53 AM
Omega Vision is currently offline Click here to Send Omega Vision a Private Message Find more posts by Omega Vision Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
KharmaDog
Dyslexic Agnostic

Depends first on which GL.

In either scenario, Hal wins. Doom's a crafty S.O.B., but Hal's a monster.

Old Post Nov 2nd, 2009 12:58 AM
KharmaDog is currently offline Click here to Send KharmaDog a Private Message Find more posts by KharmaDog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote