KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Earth vs ShiAr Empire

Earth vs ShiAr Empire
Started by: Krissy Von Doom

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

Laugh Earth vs ShiAr Empire

Earth vs Shi'Ar
Let's say the Shi'Ar Empire declares war on earth... the whole Shi'Ar Empire not just the throneworld - all worlds under the shiar empire, all starships, imperial guard and starjammers...
Earth has -
- all Earth heroes and villains
- Earth eternals and Inhumans
- Earthbound demigods like Thor and Hercules, plus regular pantheon warriors like asgardians but no skyfathers or other pantheon gods
- No otherworldy allies like Surfer or Watchers
- No Franklin Richards or X-man
- 2 hours to prepare

How would Earth fare? Skyfathers, Heralds can intervene 12 hours after the war has started, will Earth last this long and will it make a difference? eek!

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 11:02 PM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

hmm...it would be close...the only problem is the Shi'Ar would probably just launch weapons from afar.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 11:12 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Re: Earth vs ShiAr Empire

quote:
Originally posted by Krissy Von Doom
Earth vs Shi'Ar
Let's say the Shi'Ar Empire declares war on earth... the whole Shi'Ar Empire not just the throneworld - all worlds under the shiar empire, all starships, imperial guard and starjammers...
Earth has -
- all Earth heroes and villains
- Earth eternals and Inhumans
- Earthbound demigods like Thor and Hercules, plus regular pantheon warriors like asgardians but no skyfathers or other pantheon gods
- No otherworldy allies like Surfer or Watchers
- No Franklin Richards or X-man
- 2 hours to prepare

How would Earth fare? Skyfathers, Heralds can intervene 12 hours after the war has started, will Earth last this long and will it make a difference? eek!

You sure "eek" alot. (and roll on the floor laughing). Why can't you just go to sleep like crazyspinz use to after every bout? J/k.

In one of the early appearances of the Shiar, they were going to takeover/destroy the inhabitants of Earth, until they heard that they were successful in repelling Galactus on numerous occasions.

Despite our familiarity with Earth characters (of course...), I might be leaning towards the Shiar. The standard Shiar residents are stronger than human (as Asgardians are to us). Also, Imperial Guard that we have been introduced to are just a fraction of their overall numbers.

I don't think it was ever specified how large the Shiar empire really is (could be representing hundreds of planets as each of the Imperial Guard pay homage to different ones), but they are far more advanced and if at the very worst, there is the M'Kraan crystal.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 11:22 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

I think Earth heroes are more valuable seeing the Thing took on a big chink of the Imperial Guard on his own...about eight or nine of them If i recall.

Old Post Dec 15th, 2004 11:53 PM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Whittdawg92
Intellectual Terrorist

unless all the shi'ar empire magically turns into a bunch of incredible hulk and juggernauts, they're screwed.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 03:09 AM
Whittdawg92 is currently offline Click here to Send Whittdawg92 a Private Message Find more posts by Whittdawg92 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HarmoNiC FLo
Becoming Transparent

Franklin Richards would just flip realities on them shiar b itches. OH, no frank huh lol

We would prolly set up a line with tha most powerfull in front of tha lesser powerfull in a decreasing manner. so the most powerfull can be tha ones inflicting and taking tha most damage, all while tha lesser powerfuls are safe behind them doing their own work. if they are more numerous like 50 billion to 6 billion...then we're toast inevitably

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 03:33 AM
HarmoNiC FLo is currently offline Click here to Send HarmoNiC FLo a Private Message Find more posts by HarmoNiC FLo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
radioboy121

Re: Re: Earth vs ShiAr Empire

I don't think the stronger ones will be in front while the weaker in the back. It's usually the long range in the back, but...

Even with Franklin, the Shiar empire is incredibly huge. Who knows the extent of powers the groupings within the ranks have?

quote:
Originally posted by radioboy121
You sure "eek" alot. (and roll on the floor laughing). Why can't you just go to sleep like crazyspinz use to after every bout? J/k.

I can't believe I'm quoting myself, but I just realized these "eeks" and other exclamations are those smiley faces (no wonder these post seem weird to me). I predominantly have "images" disabled or use a text-based browser.

Old Post Dec 16th, 2004 11:48 PM
radioboy121 is currently offline Click here to Send radioboy121 a Private Message Find more posts by radioboy121 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Devil King
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote:
Originally posted by Wynndar
hmm...it would be close...the only problem is the Shi'Ar would probably just launch weapons from afar.

It would be so not close.

The Shi'ar Empire? Um...THE Shi'ar EMPIRE...versus....earth.

"If you were me, you'd know the safest place to hide...is in sanity!

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 12:56 AM
Devil King is currently offline Click here to Send Devil King a Private Message Find more posts by Devil King Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

i go for earth this would be a war, we would have doom, reed, tony, banner, erik, and xavier working together, planning the best strategie to destory the shia´r empire. of course it would be tough, but i think earth could take them.

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 01:24 AM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

the shi'ar fleet has enough firepower to destroy our planet imnot sure if a combination of doom's & reed's tech, with mags power & strange's magic is enough to withstand that

Old Post Dec 17th, 2004 01:38 AM
Krissy Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send Krissy Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by Krissy Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

the shi'ar controls a whole freaking galaxy. if they brought out all their artillary and superbeings Earth is toast. Even with X man And Frank. In fact, all they would have to do is send out like one armada from the throne world and thats it. Gladiator alone would clear thru a whole fleet until he found the hulk, and juggy waiting for him with thier arms folded.

what the Shi'ar lacks in meta genes, and magic they make up for with their nigh unparralled technology

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Last edited by manjaro on Dec 19th, 2004 at 07:56 PM

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 07:46 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
juggernaut74
Bigsexy

But earth has Dr. Doom on their side.

The price of fame is high and the Thing cant pay the way.

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 08:41 PM
juggernaut74 is currently offline Click here to Send juggernaut74 a Private Message Find more posts by juggernaut74 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manjaro
No-No Place-licky McNicky

Doom is cool like that but he's not on Shi'ar level. Doom's command of tech versus the shi'ar is comparable to his command of the Arcane versus that of Thanos. he's gratly outclassed.

the only thing that could cuase earth to win is if the writers choose to have them fight romantically, and sentimentally with their code of honor and shit. meaning having them face off one by one, one on one. like its mofo'kin Yu Yu Hakuso or something.

but if the Shi'ar just goes all balls out with all thier fury, and not worry about which teams have the better h2h combatant, or coolest powers Earth doesnt stand a chance.

*SECRET NO-NO PLACE* Licking FTW Baby!!!!!!rock rock

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 08:57 PM
manjaro is currently offline Click here to Send manjaro a Private Message Find more posts by manjaro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
miahera
Platinum Card Member

quote:
Originally posted by Krissy Von Doom
the shi'ar fleet has enough firepower to destroy our planet imnot sure if a combination of doom's & reed's tech, with mags power & strange's magic is enough to withstand that

the Shi'ar aren't idiots. they got their own geeks. laughing

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 10:44 PM
miahera is currently offline Click here to Send miahera a Private Message Find more posts by miahera Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

It seems that the concensus is that Earth will be destroyed... so how about if we throw in all the Pantheons and the Skyfathers (maybe also Mephisto and his demons seeing as they have as much to lose with the destruction of Earth as humans do) as well as Titan Eternals and Heralds willing to help... would that make a difference?

Old Post Dec 19th, 2004 11:21 PM
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

Let's just be honest here people... If the x-men and the avengers could take on the Shiar's best warrior's(the imperial guard) without breaking much of a sweat, then what hope do the Shiar have against all of earth's heroes/inabitants?

I mean come on now... gladiator consistantly gets whooped by hulk and thor, and he's their most powerful guy. Come to think of it, the only crowning achievement that the Shiar have been able to do is give the X-men the technology to build the Quinjet and Danger Room... ..that's just about it...and to be honest with you... I think Reed Richards could of done a better job...

Now if you compare the accomplishment's of earth 616 technology to that of the Shiar, we're waaay more advanced(ie Creation of sentinels capable of killing powerful mutants who consistantly hand the Shiar Imperial guard their asses, time machines created by Doom and Richards..Creation of adamantium..a substance harder than any substance in the known universe..)

The only way the Shiar have a chance in hell against Earth is if the start f****n with earth's sun like they did(on accident) during operation Galactic Storm. That's not going to happen, because like operation G-Storm, Earth's heroes will be on them quicker than flies on cow sh**.

I like the Shiar people but come on... If they can't win against the Kree or Skrulls(who consistantly get their asses handed to them by the Avengers and Fantastic Four)... much easier foes... they ain't going to be able to touch the people of earth. Nuff Said!!

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 02:25 AM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

FYI There was a what if issue where this kind of scenario happened... I can't remember which one... but It had the vision in it and he was able to achieve world peace and unite the people of earth by taking control of all of their technology. Needless to say with the vision's world take over, the earth became a serious universal empire and managed to take down the kree, skrulls, and and shiar without any major difficulties.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 03:25 AM
whobdamandog is currently offline Click here to Send whobdamandog a Private Message Find more posts by whobdamandog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
whobdamandog
Restricted

Account Restricted

One more thing... I believe that the title Guardians of the Galaxy was based on the premise of this what if story mentioned above. I think the guardians of the galaxy were composed of the "cosmic avengers" who were the earth's version of the shiar "imperial guard"(the team consisted of the original thor, clones of captain america, she hulk, human torch, and a few others) and was the setting was hundred of years in the future after earth established its universal empire.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 03:33 AM
Krissy Von Doom
Restricted

Account Restricted

There was also a What if issue when the Shi Ar Throneworld was destroyed by Galactus and the FF was blamed for it. The entire Shi Ar fleet, led by Gladiator, surrounded Earth ready to blow it up.

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 04:00 AM
crazyspinz
Worlds Most Dangerous Man

well radio boy seeing as it was mentioned in this thread, shi ar would have a 2 hour nap, because they are egotistical and dont think they would need to prepare.

gladiator is probably the strongest of the shi ar, and he got his ass handed to him royaly by hulk, and hulk is about equil to the likes of thor, plus profeseur X, phenoix would be there, wolverine for al u fanboys out there AND DOOM.

IM AWESOME

Old Post Dec 20th, 2004 04:05 AM
crazyspinz is currently offline Click here to Send crazyspinz a Private Message Find more posts by crazyspinz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote