KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magneto vs. Firelord

Magneto vs. Firelord
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Shocked Magneto vs. Firelord

I think magneto is a hearld level. He has the ability to be destroyed and still live. That is a distinct advantage even over the hearlds who can't be harmed but if they are they die.
Firelord has more power. Magneto has more sustanence.
What do you think?

Attachment: firelord.gif
This has been downloaded 182 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 05:10 AM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Hard to say. I don't think it was ever clearly defined what Firelord's fire actually is. If it's something Magneto can control or block, then Firelord is in big trouble, because his entire offense and defense is based on that. If it's something Magneto cannot block or control, then Magneto is totally helpless. The result of the battle would depend ENTIRELY on that on factor.

Then again, Spider-Man beat up Firelord, and I'm sure Magneto could hit Firelord with metal with more impact that Spider-Man hit him with his fists, so, who knows?

Draw.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 03:45 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

FIRElord

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 04:21 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Depends on the situation, but if they run into each other, I'd say Firelord.

But I'm not sure.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 06:32 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mainstream
lighting the way

Firelord

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 06:34 PM
Mainstream is currently offline Click here to Send Mainstream a Private Message Find more posts by Mainstream Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

quote:
Originally posted by demigawd

Then again, Spider-Man beat up Firelord, and I'm sure Magneto could hit Firelord with metal with more impact that Spider-Man hit him with his fists, so, who knows?

Ever heard of bad writting? A herald getting pounding by a street level hero? Spidey actually used water to weaken Firelord, which is stupid since his flames are created by his power cosmic. Water shouldn't do a thing to Firelord. Spidey's also beaten Surfer Carnage. His fist actually did damage to Surfer with the Carnage symbiote in control.

Firelord takes this. His flames are Power Cosmic. He controls fire as Terrax controls the ground.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:36 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

Did we not debate this in Magneto vs Human torch?

Fire produces electromagnetic waves, based on Thermal Expansion at a rate of Electromagnetic waves producing atoms, he can, indeed, control Fire-lord and his power.

The Mask is one of the most powerful Comic Book Characters ever conceived!

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:39 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beyonder

quote:
Originally posted by IRTMU-Dragon

Fire produces electromagnetic waves, based on Thermal Expansion at a rate of Electromagnetic waves producing atoms, he can, indeed, control Fire-lord and his power.

laughing So he can override someone with the Power Cosmic? You're essentially saying Magneto's mutant powers > Firelord's Power Cosmic.

Again, I say laughing ...

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:46 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

quote:
Originally posted by IRTMU-Dragon

Now, we all know that I'm Magneto's biggest supporter on this board, being intimately familiar with his history and all his battles. That said, there's a world of difference between Torch and Firelord. Firelord's fire, as I recently discovered, isn't actually fire. It's some sort of "cosmic concoction of Galactus' power" or some such (Surfer described it). That's why it works in space and underwater.

The problem is that, aside from that vague description, we have absolutely nothing else to go on about what exactly that power is. So until I know, I can't make a call one way or the other.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:49 PM
demigawd is currently offline Click here to Send demigawd a Private Message Find more posts by demigawd Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

If it has any esscense of actual being to it, it produces some sort of magnetism, everything on this earth does, because its composed of atoms or some sort of wave, which in turn produces controllable ions.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:54 PM
IRTMU-Dragon is currently offline Click here to Send IRTMU-Dragon a Private Message Find more posts by IRTMU-Dragon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
IRTMU-Dragon
The Mask

In truth, the entire earth is a big magnet.

Old Post Feb 3rd, 2005 11:54 PM
demigawd
Board Scientist

I agree with you. That's how Magneto would be able to block Firelord's flame. But dont' assume that everything produces ions. For all we know, it could simply have negative charges. Either way, I don't know whether Magneto could override energy of an unknown type from its user when its user is cosmically endowed. I'd like to think so, but it would be tough.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 12:10 AM
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

I really don't care. I think Firelord is really lame. Firestorm ripoff.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi.../f/firelord.htm

Hope this helps whoever and whatever.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 12:17 AM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

quote:
Originally posted by demigawd
Hard to say. I don't think it was ever clearly defined what Firelord's fire actually is. If it's something Magneto can control or block, then Firelord is in big trouble, because his entire offense and defense is based on that. If it's something Magneto cannot block or control, then Magneto is totally helpless. The result of the battle would depend ENTIRELY on that on factor.

Firelord's flame is powerful enough to harm Dormammu.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 04:13 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
USAgent

Firelord here, But it be a great battle indeed.

And just incase everyone didnt know, Firelord can control the power cosmic is various ways, just like all the herolds can, not just fire. He just prefers to use his power cosmic through fire.

also its been said that with his staff he could fire a blast of flame equal to that of a sun- Maggie might get a bit toasty under the collar there

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 05:27 AM
USAgent is currently offline Click here to Send USAgent a Private Message Find more posts by USAgent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
demigawd
Board Scientist

Wait...so it IS a real flame or isn't it? I've heard two different things...

If it's a real flame, Magneto can control it. If it's not, then it's up in the air...

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 06:35 AM
BENITO
Perfect Rolemodel 4 N00bs

IMTRU-dragon I know that I did get a B on my physics paper

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 04:31 PM
BENITO is currently offline Click here to Send BENITO a Private Message Find more posts by BENITO Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

firelord is powered by the heart of a star and like magneto has control over the whole spectrum.
The difference between the two is maggies generates from magnitism and firelords from combustion. Firelord has 50 ton strength.
Maggie has 250 pounds.
I give this to Magneto on the basis that magnitisms motion is what forms the star to generate its product.
I think hes more powerful in this fight.
now everyone go out and buy a set of magnets and make your own star

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Feb 4th, 2005 08:50 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K Von Doom
Second fiddle

Stellar fire or cosmic fire... most likely the power cosmic manifesting itself as fire.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 04:56 AM
K Von Doom is currently offline Click here to Send K Von Doom a Private Message Find more posts by K Von Doom Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Magneto can amp is strength up drastically... maybe not class 100 but certainly between 70 and 90.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Feb 5th, 2005 05:08 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote