KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » What if, Cap and Batman Exchange Enemys

What if, Cap and Batman Exchange Enemys
Started by: Malo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Malo

What if, Cap and Batman Exchange Enemys

Batman shows up to New York to Deal with Cap's Enemys. And Cap rides into Gotham City to deal with the Bat Villians. How has the easyer time. What do u thing would happen. Who is going to give Cap and Batman the most trouble.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:29 AM
Malo is currently offline Click here to Send Malo a Private Message Find more posts by Malo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I think both would do ok. Cap has a slight advantage in sheer physical prowess, but Bats makes up for it with brains.

Batman ends up solving a lot of crimes in Gotham, and generally isn't always "beating up the bad guys." Bat's problems, and villians, always seem to require a bit more mental work than Cap's villians. Cap might have the harder time transitioning, but I think he'd be ok. Cap also does better with groups (i.e. Avengers, when he's either taking or giving orders) so the lonliness of Gotham might be a bit much for him.

-DM

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:36 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
I think both would do ok. Cap has a slight advantage in sheer physical prowess, but Bats makes up for it with brains.

Batman ends up solving a lot of crimes in Gotham, and generally isn't always "beating up the bad guys." Bat's problems, and villians, always seem to require a bit more mental work than Cap's villians. Cap might have the harder time transitioning, but I think he'd be ok. Cap also does better with groups (i.e. Avengers, when he's either taking or giving orders) so the lonliness of Gotham might be a bit much for him.

-DM

Agreed. But, Cap was once a loner.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:40 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Malo

Man do i feel sorry for The Batman villians, once Cap gets his boots on.

Hey lets say that Cap can stay over with Alfred and use any thing in the Batcave. And Batman can stay with S.H.E.I.L.D. and use what ever he needs.

Last edited by Malo on May 17th, 2005 at 03:12 AM

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:09 AM
Malo is currently offline Click here to Send Malo a Private Message Find more posts by Malo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Batman with SHIELD backing him is a scary thought.

But the thread just has them exchaning enemies...we can't assume that Cap would have access to the Batcave. Still, the boots would put a hurtin' on them.

-DM

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:33 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Malo

Originally posted by DigiMark007
Batman with SHIELD backing him is a scary thought.

But the thread just has them exchaning enemies...we can't assume that Cap would have access to the Batcave. Still, the boots would put a hurtin' on them.

-DM

I made the thread , so i can assume that Batman let Cap use the Cave and that Cap asked Nick Fury to let Batman use the Lab.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:36 AM
-Pr-
Hey Yo!

Originally posted by Malo
I made the thread , so i can assume that Batman let Cap use the Cave and that Cap asked Nick Fury to let Batman use the Lab.

ok ok calm down...

bats with shield... runs new york period...

Fuck Putin. Help Ukraine

Unicef
UN Refugee Agency
Red Cross

"What does not kill me... is not trying hard enough."

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:43 AM
-Pr- is currently offline Click here to Send -Pr- a Private Message Find more posts by -Pr- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by pr1983
ok ok calm down...

bats with shield... runs new york period...

this is a very very scary thought...but in a good way. I say Batman's gonna have an easier transition period. Also, what's gotham gonna use cause they can't use the Batsignal anymore, and seeing a holographic shield made of red white and blue and with a star in it on the sky might give people the wrong impression big grin

~wickerman~

Old Post May 17th, 2005 05:44 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand McCorrmic
Fleet Adm RTN

To be honest I love both Cap and Bats. However, I think Batman by himself with no shield backing would be in a world of hurt. Cap's foes are by far stronger and don't play games trying to prove they are smarter than him. Don't forget that Cap is a super solder, and Batman is not. Batman is a better detective, and would be better at tracking Cap's foes a lot easier. Of course there is one other thing, I have never seen any of Batman's weapons hit nearly anything it's aimed at and return to him. For that matter, nothing Batman has is as close to indestructible as Captain America's shield.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 06:13 AM
Rand McCorrmic is currently offline Click here to Send Rand McCorrmic a Private Message Find more posts by Rand McCorrmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by Rand McCorrmic
To be honest I love both Cap and Bats. However, I think Batman by himself with no shield backing would be in a world of hurt. Cap's foes are by far stronger and don't play games trying to prove they are smarter than him. Don't forget that Cap is a super solder, and Batman is not. Batman is a better detective, and would be better at tracking Cap's foes a lot easier. Of course there is one other thing, I have never seen any of Batman's weapons hit nearly anything it's aimed at and return to him. For that matter, nothing Batman has is as close to indestructible as Captain America's shield.

The idea mon ami is that he has S.H.I.E.L.D. backing him up with anything he needs. Otherwise, i'd say pretty much the same as you.

~wickerman~

Old Post May 17th, 2005 06:15 AM
~The Wickerman~ is currently offline Click here to Send ~The Wickerman~ a Private Message Find more posts by ~The Wickerman~ Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand McCorrmic
Fleet Adm RTN

It is now, I was refering to the start of the thread, but I agree with you that even with sheild backing, Cap would still be on top. On a side note I rather doubt Cap would even use the bat cave for anything than a place to sleep. Cap works with the Avenger's anyway, but that's beside the point.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 06:24 AM
Rand McCorrmic is currently offline Click here to Send Rand McCorrmic a Private Message Find more posts by Rand McCorrmic Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rand McCorrmic
Fleet Adm RTN

I did think of two other things to add.
1. Batman is probably my favorite in DC or Marvel. Has been since I was 10 years old buying my first Comic Book, that I got to chose.
2. Cap's not a slouch in the detective field either.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 06:30 AM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

I disagree with Bats having a hard time, with or without shield backing (as long as he could have something equivalent to the batcave which of course would be the first thing he'd set up.) I think for the first time, many Cap enemies would know fear.

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post May 17th, 2005 10:58 AM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Originally posted by MERCILOUS
I think for the first time, many Cap enemies would know fear.

And a decently cool themesong thumb up

~wickerman~

Old Post May 17th, 2005 01:58 PM
Rand McCorrmic
Fleet Adm RTN

I really can't imagine the Red Skull being frightened at all, and that would probably be the case with most of Caps other foes. Sorry Mercilos, I just can't see it.

Besides, none of the super criminals in Gotham fear Bats anyway. Only the normal criminals, which is what Batman was going for anyway. Cap on the other hand, he probably wouldn't frighten many either. I don't see Cap taking to long to kick all of Batman's enemies collective asses. Not even Bane, I meen really, Cap has fought way stronger bad guys and won

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:07 PM
MERCILOUS
ALWAYS METAL

You're thinking in different terms than I am (or so I assume.) Bats uses different tactics. He's tyranical with his villians, all of them at one time or another have feared him, even Ras at least respects him. Have you ever read "Run Riddler Run."

BITE ME FANBOY!

Old Post May 17th, 2005 02:15 PM
MERCILOUS is currently offline Click here to Send MERCILOUS a Private Message Find more posts by MERCILOUS Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
cherry cola

with villians like the joker who play mindgames to annoy batman I thnk Cap may have the harder time adjusting just think about this Cap shows up to a toy factory goes inside and is met by a huge jack-in-the box then bang a joker face pops up and does nothing then all of of sudden various gas bombs go off. then he finally meets this mad man who will fight him with anything from a exlpoding rubber chicken to a sack of marble that explode or have acid in them.He will also have to deal with that sick laugh. Cap will win but I betting he won't want to see Joker anytime soon.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 03:12 PM
cherry cola is currently offline Click here to Send cherry cola a Private Message Find more posts by cherry cola Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Gryn Jabar
Restricted

Account Restricted

Exactly. Cap would kill the sucka's.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 08:23 PM
Gryn Jabar is currently offline Click here to Send Gryn Jabar a Private Message Find more posts by Gryn Jabar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wanderer259

quote:
I think for the first time, many Cap enemies would know fear.

Agreed, but I think it'd be funny to see Cap beat the crap out of some Bat-enemies. Batman, to me, has more finesse about things than Cap. But I don't agree that Cap would have all that hard a time; take your Joker reference, for example:

Cap's shield can protect him from anything and has shielded him from things far worse than explosions and acid; I'm sure he wouldn't bat an eye. The Joker might be able to hold his own in a hand-to-hand fight, but Cap is just far superior, not to mention the fact that he probably wouldn't anticipate nor be able to handle the rebound effect on the shield.

Of course, that's assuming Cap knows who the Joker is. I'm sure Bruce and Steve would trade notes beforehand.

If we want to talk Ultimate Cap, then I think it gets even easier.

Old Post May 17th, 2005 08:37 PM
Wanderer259 is currently offline Click here to Send Wanderer259 a Private Message Find more posts by Wanderer259 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
~The Wickerman~
The Evanghelist

Yes, but if they don't exchange notes, Cap might be taken by surprise by the seemingly innocent looking Joker. I mean, Superman (albeit a bit more stupid) got surprised by him and would've been joker toast if it weren't for batman......if he gets one shot, that's all the Joker really wants.

But yeah, basically i don't think Cap would have much trouble.

~wickerman~

Old Post May 17th, 2005 08:44 PM