KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hal Jordan vs Quasar

Hal Jordan vs Quasar
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hal Jordan vs Quasar

The arguably most-powerful standard Green Lantern in the universe versus the most powerful Cosmic Avenger in the universe, woh wins?

Hal Jordan GL

VS

Quasar

Who wins?

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 04:59 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Thor and/or Genis might have something to say about "most powerful cosmic Avenger" but I'll go ahead and say Hal. GL's are the original, and though I honestly don't have a great argument for or against either one, I'll say the original beats the knock-off.

Besides, I'm sentimental...I'll always believe that strong willpower would beat Quantum power or almost any other power too.

-DM

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:02 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Thor and/or Genis might have something to say about "most powerful cosmic Avenger" but I'll go ahead and say Hal. GL's are the original, and though I honestly don't have a great argument for or against either one, I'll say the original beats the knock-off.

Besides, I'm sentimental...I'll always believe that strong willpower would beat Quantum power or almost any other power too.

-DM

I didnt make that "most powerful cosmic avengers" quote up. Quasar himself said it in an Avengers issue and Thor was standing right there and didnt argue so im assuming that Thor realizes Quasar is more powerful than him. Genis-Vell im not so sure about though.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:05 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Cool...good to know.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:06 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Originally posted by armandovalles
I didnt make that "most powerful cosmic avengers" quote up. Quasar himself said it in an Avengers issue and Thor was standing right there and didnt argue so im assuming that Thor realizes Quasar is more powerful than him. Genis-Vell im not so sure about though.

saying don't change anything.

Thor , Genis-vell can take him

SS was toying with him and his attacks

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:11 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

Silver Surfer has never toyed with Genis, he only toyed with Legacy, a much weaker, much less experienced version of Genis.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:13 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

Silver Surfer has never toyed with Genis, he only toyed with Legacy, a much weaker, much less experienced version of Genis.
i was talking about when SS punked Quasar

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:14 AM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

When did SS punk Quasar?

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:15 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

SS NEVER PUNKED QUASAR! THEY HAVE NEVER EVEN FOUGHT! AND DONT BE TALKING ABOUT THAT TIME QUASAR SHOT HIM AND IT HAD NO EFFECT CUZ THAT WAS JUST CUZ QUASAR WAS WEAKENED SEVERELY AND SURFER WAS EXTREMELY PO'd!

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:19 AM
kgkg
Vigilante

SS NEVER PUNKED QUASAR! THEY HAVE NEVER EVEN FOUGHT! AND DONT BE TALKING ABOUT THAT TIME QUASAR SHOT HIM AND IT HAD NO EFFECT CUZ THAT WAS JUST CUZ QUASAR WAS WEAKENED SEVERELY AND SURFER WAS EXTREMELY PO'd!

they have fought and SS punked his ass.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:20 AM
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

I see two possable outcomes. I'm not sure which is more likely:

1) Nearly deadlocked, but Hal's greater experience carries the day.

OR

2) Deadlocked, they stalemate for hours on end until Hal's ring runs out of charge, and then Quasar politely saves Hal from dying from vacuum exposure.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:23 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Adam Warlock
Adam is with Team Magik

Quasar - Super Strength, hyped up metabolism, strong willpower also, has complete control of energy along the electromagnetic spectrum, is an excellent close quarter combatant(former shield agent), limitless amounts of energy via the Quantum Bands, and he is immortal. How does Hal win again? Oh this thread was done a while back. Quasar VS. Green Lantern Hal Fordan I think. If you typed it into the search bar, you probably didn't find it. This fight could go either way. No way is this a cake walk for Hal.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 05:38 AM
Adam Warlock is currently offline Click here to Send Adam Warlock a Private Message Find more posts by Adam Warlock Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by Sentry
Quasar - Super Strength, hyped up metabolism, strong willpower also, has complete control of energy along the electromagnetic spectrum, is an excellent close quarter combatant(former shield agent), limitless amounts of energy via the Quantum Bands, and he is immortal. How does Hal win again? Oh this thread was done a while back. Quasar VS. Green Lantern Hal Fordan I think. If you typed it into the search bar, you probably didn't find it. This fight could go either way. No way is this a cake walk for Hal.

Who said its a cake walk for Hal?

Hal is also an excellent close quarter combitant. Can augment his strength, limitless amouts of energy for 24 hours lol. He also has quantifications with the ring.

One thing Hal could do that Quasar cant however is manipulate matter.

Overall Hal wins 6/10 only due to 24 hour time limit. Eventhough the fight wont last that long, ill give Quasar the benefit of the doubt.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 06:06 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Quasar wins

He can channel Hal's own Gl ring energy against him

7/10 for Quasar

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 01:25 PM
leonheartmm

it gets complicated once u start talkin about green lanterns, at one time hal could survive att the heart of stars and survive stuff that would kil superman, at other times, superman single handedly punks the entire green lantern corp before they can even retaliate.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 02:09 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by leonheartmm
it gets complicated once u start talkin about green lanterns, at one time hal could survive att the heart of stars and survive stuff that would kil superman, at other times, superman single handedly punks the entire green lantern corp before they can even retaliate.

Entire Green Lantern Corps? Hal John Guy included? Hmmm.

Old Post Jun 16th, 2005 08:16 PM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Quasar vs Hal Jordan

Seasoned Quantam band user vs Season Ring User. For this fight we'll suppose that Hal's ring does not have the yellow weakness (as that would be grossly unfair)

*Edit* Yes I know that by willpower can now supercede that impurity... but just in case anyone is thinking about the yellow weakness... it doesn't exist here.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 12:48 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Quasar vs Hal Jordan

Originally posted by rotiart
Seasoned Quantam band user vs Season Ring User. For this fight we'll suppose that Hal's ring does not have the yellow weakness (as that would be grossly unfair)

Hal Jordan. Tho he would need weeks of bed rest after wards.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 12:49 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Moses Morrison
Restricted

Account Restricted

Quasar 7/10

Jordan puts up a better fight then Kyle but is still beaten.

I LOVE ME SOME ME Professor X respect thread

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 12:50 AM
Moses Morrison is currently offline Click here to Send Moses Morrison a Private Message Find more posts by Moses Morrison Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by B dot Rob
Quasar 7/10

Jordan puts up a better fight then Kyle but is still beaten.

You all put waaaaaaay to much confidence in quasar. Hal jordan has dome some insane stuff with his wring. and his ring talks to him and tells him how to defeat his enemies and yada. Quasar can't beat Hal jordan on his best day.

Old Post Aug 27th, 2006 12:54 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote