KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Scarlet Witch's power scourse

Scarlet Witch's power scourse
Started by: Crimson Phoenix

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
  Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Crimson Phoenix
Lord of the World...kinda

Scarlet Witch's power scourse

Ok, wanda'a powers have been ill defined for very long, and I still havent got to grips with what her real powers are.

Originally, she caused disasters using her probability altering hex bolts, then we were told that she actually controls chaos magics. Then in dissasembled, we're told choas magic doesnt exist, and that she alters reality. There are several occasions were we are told her power derives from magic, so i assume that her mutation allows her to tap into mystical energy to control reality... but (spoilers for House of m #1) when everyone was in genosha looking for wanda, Dr strange coudnt sense any magics...

And so i come to my point; why coudnt Dr strange sense wanda, unless wanda's power doesnt actually derive from magic at all, but something else completely...

What does everyone else think?

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 03:43 PM
Crimson Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

i think you may be on to something

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:16 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

i think her powers are confusing......

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:28 PM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Her powers have constantly changed over the years. Maybe House of M will give the definitive answer the way Phoenix: Endsong more or less did for the whole Jean/Phoenix relationship.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:31 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

I think Bendis is a ****ing talentless hack. For years now, Dr. Strange has used and commented upon Chaos Magicks, they do exist, he's used them! He offered to take Wanda on as an apprentice and teach her to use them. Bendis just doesn't like to do any research or follow continuity in making his stories.

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:32 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
8bitChris
?Esoteric?

Yeah well asking Wanda what her power source is is like asking the millions of mutants on Marvel Earth what their power source is. Short answer, who knows? It's comics.

The only two that I know for sure is that Cyclops's optic blasts is converted solar energy and Havok's blasts are converted cosmic energy.

Doop Lives...

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 04:54 PM
8bitChris is currently offline Click here to Send 8bitChris a Private Message Find more posts by 8bitChris Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Crimson Phoenix
Lord of the World...kinda

oops, just reaised i posted this in the vs thread. but oh well

quote: (post)
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I think Bendis is a ****ing talentless hack. For years now, Dr. Strange has used and commented upon Chaos Magicks, they do exist, he's used them! He offered to take Wanda on as an apprentice and teach her to use them. Bendis just doesn't like to do any research or follow continuity in making his stories.

So, Dr strange has used chaos magics? Bendis really didnt do his homework at all

Old Post Jun 27th, 2005 08:26 PM
Crimson Phoenix is currently offline Click here to Send Crimson Phoenix a Private Message Find more posts by Crimson Phoenix Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Yes, Dr. Strange has used Chaos Magics multiple times.

Old Post Jun 28th, 2005 02:10 AM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote