KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk, Thor, and Gladiator vs. Doomsday, Darkseid, and Solomon Grundy

Hulk, Thor, and Gladiator vs. Doomsday, Darkseid, and Solomon Grundy
Started by: Dark Thor

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hulk, Thor, and Gladiator vs. Doomsday, Darkseid, and Solomon Grundy

Ill give it to Marvel.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 06:52 PM
Dark Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

darkseid teleports them all to the centre of a sun or the firepits of apokalips. the fight is over before it starts.

only gladiator would be able to come back from that. so he uses his omega beams on him to capture his soul as he did to cyborg in superman/doomsday 2 (hunter killer)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:19 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Solidus Snake
darkseid teleports them all to the centre of a sun or the firepits of apokalips. the fight is over before it starts.

only gladiator would be able to come back from that. so he uses his omega beams on him to capture his soul as he did to cyborg in superman/doomsday 2 (hunter killer)

true

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 07:38 PM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

ok what if he cant teleport?

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:17 PM
Dark Thor is currently offline Click here to Send Dark Thor a Private Message Find more posts by Dark Thor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Solidus Snake
The General

Originally posted by Dark Thor
ok what if he cant teleport?

then, it wouldnt be darkseid. it would thanos with a soul gem (HAW!!!)

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 08:27 PM
Solidus Snake is currently offline Click here to Send Solidus Snake a Private Message Find more posts by Solidus Snake Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Gladiator takes care of Darksied easily.

He has trouble with supes speed, Gladiator who moves much faster , and is more powerful will break his bones.

Thor - defeats current Doomsday easily

Hulk- takes out Grudy.

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:31 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
kgkg
Vigilante

Draksied has lost all my respect.

He is a sissy these days.

In recent supes comics darkie and his buddies came to fight superman, but supes kicked all there ass

Attachment: omegaeffect.jpg
This has been downloaded 103 time(s).

Stay Thirsty, My Friends.

Old Post Jul 1st, 2005 11:52 PM
kgkg is currently offline Click here to Send kgkg a Private Message Find more posts by kgkg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Bah, if this was old-school Darkseid, I'd say the Marvel team was utterly without hope. This being the current punked-by-supes-on-a-regular-basis DS, I think Marvel still loses, but not before Mjolnir gets wedged into Darkseid's forehead.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 12:59 AM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

OK Hulk will have Solomon Grundy. From what I've heard he is no where near as powerful as he is in the cartoon (I know its lame that i occasionally watch cartoons)

Gladiator vs Doomsday. Everyone is suggesting that Glads will take this. I don't think so. What proof is there to suggest that Glads is anywhere near as durable as Superman.

Thor (Classic) Vs Darksied. Darksied's stronger, Thor has a greater arrange of powers, Speed is a pretty even department, (Most will agree that both have some form of Super speed although neither have been clocked.), Thor's durability is at a level where he can survive anything short of a direct nuclear blast. Where as Darksieds is probably on the level of Supes E.g surviving nukes with difficulty. Thor has his God Force but Darksied has the Omega effect. Its a close one but i honestly believe Darksied takes it.

King Thor's a different matter

It then becomes Darkseid and Doomsday vs The hulk

Sorry Bruce you're out of luck

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 01:25 AM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube
I don't have any friends.

Counting out Gladiator rather quickly, eh? He's easily as durable as Superman is, and he's faster than Superman, too. Gladiator can fly through a star with no adverse effect. Considering the fact that he doesn't absorb sunlight like Superman does, I'd say that taking on the heat and gravity of a star puts him at Superman's level of durability or higher.

I would put Hulk against Doomsday. Hulk's stronger, and more durable than Doomsday.

The Omega Effect would get blocked. Thor would own Darkseid as just about as easily as Superman does.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 01:45 AM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
R.O.T. Yahman
Restricted

Account Restricted

Sweet. my first proper debate
I'm so proud

Deep Breathe

OK apparently him flying into a Star, was only stated by Glads to make himself more confident in the fight with colossus. Apparently Colossus didn't do to badly in the fight and he is no near capable of replicating the forces felt within the heart of a Star. I will hand it to you that Reed Richards once suggested that Glads was capable of surviving an explosion that could take out a solar system.

Glads has never been shown to be on that level since (E.g. being hurt against Cannonball, Thor, Hulk, Hyperion and that Supreme Dude.) You could hand that down to lack of confidence. If that is the case I'm sure that a rampaging Doomsday destroying entire cities will make Glads think twice about his confidence.

Hulk against Doomsday is a better fight but it probably wont last that long.
AS Doom once put it
'Sometimes the Hulk doesn't get strong enough quickly enough'
Or something like that. That was about Thing who had had his strength enhanced to probably Doomsday levels. He knocked him out in a very short space of time and I'm sure Doomsday could do the same.

I suppose you're talking Moljnir blocking The omega effect. It has been shown that with a sufficient force you can destroy the uru metal that makes Thor's hammer. I believe the Omega effect is well capable of this.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 02:15 AM
R.O.T. Yahman is currently offline Click here to Send R.O.T. Yahman a Private Message Find more posts by R.O.T. Yahman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Read Darkseids comment about Supes, You have "grown" strong he is not the post crisis Supes you knowbig grin

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 03:28 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Ya know, come to think of it, there's one big advantage Marvel team has over DC: flight. If Thor can transport Doomsday to some other dimension quickly enough, that would leave he and Glads to take on Darkseid and Hulk to work on Grundy. Considering Darkseid is so friggin unimpressive lately, the Marvel team has a decent chance if they fight smart.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 08:40 PM
Khellendros is currently offline Click here to Send Khellendros a Private Message Find more posts by Khellendros Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Oh, and here's Gladiator swimming through a sun.
http://img258.echo.cx/my.php?image=gladstar3vr.jpg

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 08:56 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

hulk will have grundy?? i don't know about the cartoon, but grundy IS enormously powerful. the thing took on the entire jsa! not to mention has handled dr fate, and supes as well. hulk could get stronger, but grundy likely starts out MUCH stronger than hulk. best hulk could do is hold on, and i think he would, but it would NOT be an easy, or fast fight.

doomsday v glads would be interesting. depends on which doomsday, of course. the one from hunter/prey was pretty much unbeatable. supes + apokalips tech STILL got his ass beat down. i guess glads could try to fly him off planet or something just to get rid of him, but i don't think he'd want to get that close to something that so easily broke supe's arm. even the first dd would give glads a sound beating but glads might be able to pull off a win against that one. maybe, but agian, it would not be anywhere CLOSE to easy.

thor v darkseid - darkseid has sucked lately (but, apparently, supes HAS been undergoing something of an unspoken power-up of lately, so that might explain it.) i'd give this one to thor in a good fight. sg, stronger though he is at the start, couldn't put hulk down fast enough, which mean if glads lasts long enough against dd it would end up being thor, glads and hulk v dd and sg. STILL wouldn't be easy, but marvel would end up taking it, i think - just.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 10:07 PM
leonidas is online now! Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dark Thor
Restricted

Account Restricted

i agree solomon grundy is powerful

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 11:04 PM
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by leonidas
hulk will have grundy?? i don't know about the cartoon, but grundy IS enormously powerful. the thing took on the entire jsa! not to mention has handled dr fate, and supes as well. hulk could get stronger, but grundy likely starts out MUCH stronger than hulk. best hulk could do is hold on, and i think he would, but it would NOT be an easy, or fast fight.

doomsday v glads would be interesting. depends on which doomsday, of course. the one from hunter/prey was pretty much unbeatable. supes + apokalips tech STILL got his ass beat down. i guess glads could try to fly him off planet or something just to get rid of him, but i don't think he'd want to get that close to something that so easily broke supe's arm. even the first dd would give glads a sound beating but glads might be able to pull off a win against that one. maybe, but agian, it would not be anywhere CLOSE to easy.

thor v darkseid - darkseid has sucked lately (but, apparently, supes HAS been undergoing something of an unspoken power-up of lately, so that might explain it.) i'd give this one to thor in a good fight. sg, stronger though he is at the start, couldn't put hulk down fast enough, which mean if glads lasts long enough against dd it would end up being thor, glads and hulk v dd and sg. STILL wouldn't be easy, but marvel would end up taking it, i think - just.

Every big guy with the same abilities as the Hulk gives the entire JLA problems. The Shaggy Man, The General, Doomsday, and Grundy are just a few. Most of it occurs in plot induced stupidity. The entire JLA turns into a group of idiots when strongmen come around. Given the same circumstances, Hulk would cause just as much of a problem as any other muscle-head who takes on the JLA. Gauging Hulk's best strength achievements, (even while calm,) Hulk is, in the least, Grundy's equal in strength.

Last edited by Cosmic Cube on Jul 2nd, 2005 at 11:42 PM

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 11:39 PM
Cosmic Cube is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Cube a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Cube Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Shaggy man is more than the hulk, trust me big grin

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 11:43 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Cube

Originally posted by whirlysplat
Shaggy man is more than the hulk, trust me big grin

Hulk is stronger. It is true Shaggy Man can't be defeated or knocked out by any means, but when enraged, Hulk is easily as durable and as difficult to defeat as the Shaggy Man is.

Old Post Jul 2nd, 2005 11:48 PM
Khellendros
Sin in Pants

Sometimes. Other times, he gets punked with ease liek a calss 40 loser. Grundy's power fluctuates wildly between his appearance, so it's a tossup. In general, I'd give Hulk the win though, because he's pretty consistently written as a horror in a brawl.

Unless told otherwise, I always assume it's the Doomsday from near the end of Death of Superman. Glads may not be springtime fresh afterwards, but he is taking DD down.

Old Post Jul 3rd, 2005 12:15 AM