KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » The Thing vs LXG

The Thing vs LXG
Started by: armandovalles

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
armandovalles
Restricted

Account Restricted

The Thing vs LXG

The Thing (current comic class 100 version (the movie version was weaker))

VS

League of Extraordinary Gentlemen from Movie

Who wins?

This takes place in the city, about 2 miles from the docks.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 04:34 AM
armandovalles is currently offline Click here to Send armandovalles a Private Message Find more posts by armandovalles Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
EsteemedLeader
Restricted

Account Restricted

whats up with you thinking the thing is class 100? hes like class 85

Bow before your new ruler...

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 05:46 AM
EsteemedLeader is currently offline Click here to Send EsteemedLeader a Private Message Find more posts by EsteemedLeader Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Creshosk

LXG sad

Two of them can stalemate The thing until he dies of old age . . .

If there's a timelimit on the stalemate. . then that's what it ends in.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 07:34 AM
Creshosk is currently offline Click here to Send Creshosk a Private Message Find more posts by Creshosk Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

quote: (post)
Originally posted by EsteemedLeader
whats up with you thinking the thing is class 100? hes like class 85

He is CL100. Thats why he's thinking it.

He was CL85 in the 80's.

He's definitely mutated over the last 20+ years to become all of the above bigger, stronger, and has a thicker more dense skin (rock) IE. better durability.

Give the man his props and don't be a hater.

THING wins.

Attachment: smokin.jpg
This has been downloaded 83 time(s).

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 04:50 PM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

The LXG movie SUCKED ! I don't understand why Alan Moore hasn't shot the director yet. Or the guy responsible for the "scenario".

Oh yeah, Thing wins.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 04:54 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by Tony Stark
He is CL100. Thats why he's thinking it.

He was CL85 in the 80's.

He's definitely mutated over the last 20+ years to become all of the above bigger, stronger, and has a thicker more dense skin (rock) IE. better durability.

Give the man his props and don't be a hater.

THING wins.

Ah, so you believe that Thing is Class 100 but Namor isn't?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 05:30 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

lol, marvel needs a stat update seriously then...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 06:59 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Namor is class 100 but the Thing hasntbeen proven to be yet. He has a 6 strength rating which supports him being class 85

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 07:46 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Namor is class 100 but the Thing hasntbeen proven to be yet. He has a 6 strength rating which supports him being class 85

Why the disputing, I understand stat wise, but the premise of the argument is the fact that colossus became stronger with his age and experience so ben is automatically so...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 07:58 PM
Tha C-Master is currently offline Click here to Send Tha C-Master a Private Message Find more posts by Tha C-Master Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by CorderaMitchell
Why the disputing, I understand stat wise, but the premise of the argument is the fact that colossus became stronger with his age and experience so ben is automatically so...

I was directing my previous post at you. Other posters were querying Thing and Namor specifically so i was dealing with them. As for the Thing getting stronger with age thats incorrect CM. It worked for Col because he was a teenager when he first appeared in Xmen as Col. Thing however when he got his powers was already fully grown.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:08 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

I was directing my previous post at you. Other posters were querying Thing and Namor specifically so i was dealing with them. As for the Thing getting stronger with age thats incorrect CM. It worked for Col because he was a teenager when he first appeared in Xmen as Col. Thing however when he got his powers was already fully grown.

My point exactly the reverse would not apply with Ben, but others make it a point that he has "developed" over time.

See where I am going, you are answering all the questions, I wasn't really disagreeing, though I need to work at not sounding like so...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:11 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

But, how come Namor gets sudden strenght upgrade in the age of, umm..70?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:16 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

Originally posted by DarkCrawler

Fish do that sometimes.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:27 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Namor has a significantly longer lifespan than humans or normal mutants so who's to say he's not still growing. He certainly doesnt look middle aged to me lol

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:32 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Namor has a significantly longer lifespan than humans or normal mutants so who's to say he's not still growing. He certainly doesnt look middle aged to me lol

Did you see my point?

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:34 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

It comes with immortality. ALL immortals stop growing in the age of 30-40, don't you know that, lol. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:40 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Yeah i see what youre saying. People just need to understand that it does work like that across the board for all characters. I only expect it with characters where their bios leave their powers open for expansion. It was always said about colossus in his bios that because he was a teenager he would get stronger as he grew up and with she hulk it was stated that she could get stronger through weight training.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:41 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

So um...if the Hulk would start weight training in Banner form, would he get a lot stronger?

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:42 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

It comes with immortality. ALL immortals stop growing in the age of 30-40, don't you know that, lol. roll eyes (sarcastic) stick out tongue

Oh DC you didnt get my point so instead you've made yourself look silly. Its cool you're still young.

Atlanteans arent immortal they have extended lifespans. So Namor who doesnt look middle aged at all which happens to start around 30 anyway DC stick out tongue which means he could still have some growing to do. He's still in his prime so his increase could be explained away.

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:47 PM
Tha C-Master
Zitz! Rash! Pimple!

Yeah i see what youre saying. People just need to understand that it does work like that across the board for all characters. I only expect it with characters where their bios leave their powers open for expansion. It was always said about colossus in his bios that because he was a teenager he would get stronger as he grew up and with she hulk it was stated that she could get stronger through weight training.

Like I was going to say for Peter Parker, why did his go up in 05?

Ahhh, as long as its recorded...

Stompin' Time!!!
Props to SK wink

Old Post Aug 7th, 2005 08:48 PM