KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Ymir vs. Human Torch

Ymir vs. Human Torch
Started by: Wonderman

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Shocked Ymir vs. Human Torch

laughing out loud Does Torch's Nova blast stand a chance against someone like this.

Attachment: ymir.gif
This has been downloaded 119 time(s).

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post Sep 17th, 2005 01:03 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

john gets stomped

thank u bz

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 01:31 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tattoos N Scars
Modern Day Drifter

Ymir for the curbstomp!!!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 02:35 AM
Tattoos N Scars is currently offline Click here to Send Tattoos N Scars a Private Message Find more posts by Tattoos N Scars Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Can someone list Ymir's powers? I know he can be defeated, and i know that he can freeze anything he touches, but what else?

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 02:38 AM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cap'n Happy

joke

Ymir is the king of the Asgarian frost giants, one of the beings who will destroy all creation, a match (or nearly) of Odin himself...
vs Johnny Storm.
Really?

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:12 AM
Cap'n Happy is currently offline Click here to Send Cap'n Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Cap'n Happy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Wonder Man
laughing out loud Does Torch's Nova blast stand a chance against someone like this.
no expression

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:12 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Re: joke

Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
one of the beings who will destroy all creation, a match (or nearly) of Odin himself...

Really? I can see that by what i posted as hearing that whatever he touches gets frozen instantly and may die, but he can destroy all of creation and is nearly a match for odin?

Daredevil Respect Thread - Iceman Respect Thread - Nick Fury Respect Thread - Respect Strong Guy!

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 06:47 PM
jrodslam is currently offline Click here to Send jrodslam a Private Message Find more posts by jrodslam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by jrodslam
Can someone list Ymir's powers? I know he can be defeated, and i know that he can freeze anything he touches, but what else?
simply, iceman at "full potential" is a mini ymir. i dont believe he can or should achieve that.

Old Post Jan 18th, 2008 07:23 PM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by psycho gundam
simply, iceman at "full potential" is a mini ymir. i dont believe he can or should achieve that.

I dont think i buy that. Unless its been stated somewhere. Iceman can survive dormant in someone else's body. He survive in gas as well as liquid form. He doesnt need to touch someone to freeze them to death. Thats ofcourse Ymir has done all that stuff already before.

I dont know. Im just asking.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 02:43 AM
hunbu04

lets just put it another wat Ymir is the opposite of surtur and even comparing iceman to him is a joke as Ymir is totally out of iceman league. Ymir also possessed strength that dwaft the likes of hercules and thor. He is the embodiment of the ice in the twlight of the asgardian gods.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 03:12 AM
hunbu04 is currently offline Click here to Send hunbu04 a Private Message Find more posts by hunbu04 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jrodslam

Originally posted by hunbu04
lets just put it another wat Ymir is the opposite of surtur and even comparing iceman to him is a joke as Ymir is totally out of iceman league. Ymir also possessed strength that dwaft the likes of hercules and thor. He is the embodiment of the ice in the twlight of the asgardian gods.

Is comparing Iceman to him really a joke? Power wise? You mention strength, but against iceman, that means little. Id like to see some feats of Ymir. Ive read a few bios on him and dont get whats the big deal with him. I know bios arent always accurate, but id like to se something with him in action. It was stated that he could reform from a particle of ice if his body was destroyed, but it also said that he could be melted.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 03:19 AM
Cap'n Happy

Marvel doesn't always follow Norse mythology (in fact, Marvel's Asgard differs greatly at times), but it's close enough to be a guide, and classical mythology has Yimir being a powerhouse- it took Odin and his two brothers (all equally powerful) to slay him.
In marvel, Yimir has not been well defined- but it's safe to say that he is indeed opposite (and equally powerful) to Surtur- ice to his fire. And it's pretty well defined that Surtur is Odin level power. Any way you slice it, Johnny Storm is no match (pun intended) to Yimir.
P.S. Recent Thor story lines state that it is the battle between Yimir and Surtur that signals the comming of Ragnarok... the end of Asgard (and of all reality?- That's what Norse mythology believed).

Last edited by Cap'n Happy on Jan 19th, 2008 at 03:33 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 03:29 AM
Cap'n Happy is currently offline Click here to Send Cap'n Happy a Private Message Find more posts by Cap'n Happy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Cap'n Happy
Marvel doesn't always follow Norse mythology (in fact, Marvel's Asgard differs greatly at times), but it's close enough to be a guide

No it's not.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 03:34 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by jrodslam
Is comparing Iceman to him really a joke? Power wise? You mention strength, but against iceman, that means little. Id like to see some feats of Ymir. Ive read a few bios on him and dont get whats the big deal with him. I know bios arent always accurate, but id like to se something with him in action. It was stated that he could reform from a particle of ice if his body was destroyed, but it also said that he could be melted.
All you need to know is that the only time Iceman met Ymir he basically crapped himself until Thor BFRed Ymir

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 03:42 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cap'n Happy

Yes, it is.

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
No it's not.

Look, I admitted that there are differences- often big ones- between Marvel Asgard and classical mythology, but it's impossible to say mythology isn't a guide for Marvel... that's where it all came from! Marvel didn't make up Thor, Odin, Balder ect... they took it all from mythology that goes back thousands of years. And in both mythology AND in the Marvel U, Yimir is a titanic power.
Go get a copy of Bullfinches guide to ancient mythology, and find out:

Odin- the skyfather, king of Asgard
Thor- son of Odin, second to him in power, god of thunder.
Yimir- the father of all frost giants (who are the great enemies of. Asgard), slain by Odin and his brothers, and who's body was used to create the world.

-Kinda looks like a guide to Marvels Asgard to me- that is, if facts mean anything to you.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 03:57 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by Newjak
All you need to know is that the only time Iceman met Ymir he basically crapped himself until Thor BFRed Ymir
Was that in X-Men: First Class? Wasn't there that scene at the end where I can't remember who comments on Iceman's potential. My memory is failing me.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 04:00 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Was that in X-Men: First Class? Wasn't there that scene at the end where I can't remember who comments on Iceman's potential. My memory is failing me.
Yeah but still Iceman knew he was nothing next to Ymir.

And Potential are just words. big grin

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 04:01 AM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Blair Wind
The Iron Avenger

Originally posted by xmarksthespot

Both Thor, and some priests commented on him being just like Ymir, and could possibly grow to be as powerful as him.

(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)(please log in to view the image)

Iceman was a kid NJ. It doesnt count

>010010100100000101010010010101100100100101010011<

Last edited by Blair Wind on Jan 19th, 2008 at 04:53 AM

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 04:51 AM
Blair Wind is currently offline Click here to Send Blair Wind a Private Message Find more posts by Blair Wind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Originally posted by Blair Wind
Both Thor, and some priests commented on him being just like Ymir, and could possibly grow to be as powerful as him.

Iceman was a kid NJ. It doesnt count
He will always be a kid Blair

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 04:53 AM
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

Originally posted by hunbu04
yeah i meant to say that

Old Post Jan 19th, 2008 05:46 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote