KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Superhero I.Q.

Superhero I.Q.
Started by: jplatinum

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superhero I.Q.

Put them in order of iq.

[highest to last]

tony stark

bruce wayne
reed richards
peter parker
jean grey
professor x
thing
hulk
juggernaut
superman
flash

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 01:49 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jplatinum
Restricted

Account Restricted

Start arrangin'

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 01:53 PM
jplatinum is currently offline Click here to Send jplatinum a Private Message Find more posts by jplatinum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

in order
1. Reed Richards.
2. Tony Stark/Bruce Wayne
3. Proffessor Xavier
4. Superman
5. Peter Parker.
6. Jean Grey
7. Flash
8.Thing
9.Juggernaut
10. Hulk

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 01:58 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Mm...
Superman's intelligence is vastly over what people seem to think it is. Let's not forget his technology rivals the gods.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:03 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Juntai
Mm...
Superman's intelligence is vastly over what people seem to think it is. Let's not forget his technology rivals the gods.

knowledge and intelligence are not the same thing

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:21 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bardock42

Originally posted by Superherovandal
in order
1. Reed Richards.
3. Proffessor Xavier
4. Superman
5. Peter Parker.
6. Jean Grey
7. Flash
8.Thing
9.Juggernaut
10. Hulk

Hoy!...I actually agree with this one....

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:24 PM
Bardock42 is currently offline Click here to Send Bardock42 a Private Message Find more posts by Bardock42 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Originally posted by Superherovandal
in order
1. Reed Richards.
3. Proffessor Xavier
4. Superman
5. Peter Parker.
6. Jean Grey
7. Flash
8.Thing
9.Juggernaut
10. Hulk

Hmm. IMO, I think Peter Parker should be number 3 or tie with number 2, even. As someone pointed out in another thread, the guy invented synthetic webbing (and the shooters) as a teenager! Why wouldnt, for example, Batman come up with something as convenient or reusable as that, instead of the bulkier and fire-em-once-n-yer-done catapult guns? Just cuz he has to stick with a bat theme?

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:38 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Mindship
Hmm. IMO, I think Peter Parker should be number 3 or tie with number 2, even. As someone pointed out in another thread, the guy invented synthetic webbing (and the shooters) as a teenager! Why wouldnt, for example, Batman come up with something as convenient or reusable as that, instead of the bulkier and fire-em-once-n-yer-done catapult guns? Just cuz he has to stick with a bat theme?

I don't think any of them invented anything as advanced as Brother 1 and OMAC.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:40 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Scoobless
knowledge and intelligence are not the same thing
Why does your knowledge over various aspects figure your INTELLIGENCE QUOTIENT then?
They are the same thing.

It's wisdom you're thinking of that is not the same.
And it's the wisdom not the intelligence that Superman lacks.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:42 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

a computer can store vast quantities of knowledge, that doesn't make it intelligent

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:49 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

a computer can store vast quantities of knowledge, that doesn't make it intelligent
A computer stores DATA, and runs processes.
Also, Intelligence and SENTIENCE or CONSCIOUSNESS are vastly different as well.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:50 PM
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

yeah but does he fool Darkseid, prep for SUpes constantly, manage to figure that Brother Eye is after EMP, manage to take out of commission 200,000 OMACs by fooling the OMACS to come near the EMP? I would say he is above Peter Parker. Besides the only reason he is like that is because people like Bats just the way he is. Why change what lots of people already like?

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:50 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Dude Spiderman now uses Organic Webbing.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:51 PM
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

Superman is able to comprehend Science way beyond genius level humans - He can also use this to a pply that science ergo his knowledge base and his problem solving are super.

Reed imo has a mutant brain as does Tony Stark - In ultimate Iron man Starks brain and nervous system are special, mainstream Marvel needs to explain how Tony, Doom and Reed are at Forges level - as it makes a mockery of his being a mutant.

Bruce Wayne also has abilities which really make him beyond a normal human - you might be able to train your body and mind to be as good as the Bat is at one thing - but at everything?

Banner if you mean Banner and not the hulk is the same as is peter parker.

They are all Super duper intelligences - but you only have one true Superman.

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:52 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Smaxxer

Originally posted by Juntai
It's wisdom you're thinking of that is not the same.
And it's the wisdom not the intelligence that Superman lacks.

Who says Superman doesn't have wisdom ? confused

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:54 PM
Smaxxer is currently offline Click here to Send Smaxxer a Private Message Find more posts by Smaxxer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Sir Whirlysplat
Restricted

Account Restricted

true enough and the flash operates on maths problems like an ultra computer he can perform ultra fast calcs - Supes can do this but has a huge knowledge base and therefore his IQ would be incredible. As IQ is mainly numerical (even when using letters as its patterns confused problem solving

herd behavior is a comical thing - Thanks Silver Spider

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:56 PM
Sir Whirlysplat is currently offline Click here to Send Sir Whirlysplat a Private Message Find more posts by Sir Whirlysplat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Smaxxer
Who says Superman doesn't have wisdom ? confused
I'm not saying he doesn't, just not apperently on the level of many other characters as many times he gets confused, as compared to say Batman, who is very worldly smart. Superman, as an alien TRYING to be Human, can't always understand.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 02:56 PM
Mindship
Snap out of it.

Intelligence (broadly speaking) is usually defined by psychologists as the ability to solve problems and depends on three basic components:

1. Database: knowledge/information/data/stuff-that-is-known derived empirically, rationally and (if you're so inclinded) spiritually/meditatively.
2. Logic: being able to make rational/black-n-white connections between otherwise separate elements in the database.
3. Creativity/Imagination: being able to make connections that are--not illogical--but alogical/translogical; "colorful," as opposed to the "black-n-white" of logic.

Wisdom is intelligence plus life experience, sheer number of years (all else being equal) on the planet so as to be able to "see" patterns/connections beyond what intelligence alone can grasp (seeing the "forest for the trees," as well as the trees).

Consciousness (and this depends on your philosophical bent) is the Ground in which the Figures of Intelligence/Wisdom occur.

Shinier than a speeding bullet.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 03:04 PM
Mindship is currently offline Click here to Send Mindship a Private Message Find more posts by Mindship Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Whirlysplatt
true enough and the flash operates on maths problems like an ultra computer he can perform ultra fast calcs - Supes can do this but has a huge knowledge base and therefore his IQ would be incredible. As IQ is mainly numerical (even when using letters as its patterns confused problem solving
Exactly.

Look at the stuff inside of the Fortress of Solitude... enough said.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 03:05 PM
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by Mindship
Intelligence (broadly speaking) is usually defined by psychologists as the ability to solve problems and depends on three basic components:

1. Database: knowledge/information/data/stuff-that-is-known derived empirically, rationally and (if you're so inclinded) spiritually/meditatively.
2. Logic: being able to make rational/black-n-white connections between otherwise separate elements in the database.
3. Creativity/Imagination: being able to make connections that are--not illogical--but alogical/translogical; "colorful," as opposed to the "black-n-white" of logic.

Wisdom is intelligence plus life experience, sheer number of years (all else being equal) on the planet so as to be able to "see" patterns/connections beyond what intelligence alone can grasp (seeing the "forest for the trees," as well as the trees).

Consciousness (and this depends on your philosophical bent) is the Ground in which the Figures of Intelligence/Wisdom occur.
Thanks.

Old Post Oct 16th, 2005 03:07 PM