KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Eternity vs the Anti-Monitor

Eternity vs the Anti-Monitor
Started by: Darth_Erebus

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Darth_Erebus
The End

Eternity vs the Anti-Monitor

?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 12:34 AM
Darth_Erebus is currently offline Click here to Send Darth_Erebus a Private Message Find more posts by Darth_Erebus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mordum

Eternity takes this one. Anti moniter is tiny compared to eternity

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 12:57 AM
Mordum is currently offline Click here to Send Mordum a Private Message Find more posts by Mordum Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

OK I'll admit I dont a thing about Eternity but on wikipedia, a pretty reliable but not always correct source, they state
He is, along with Death and Galactus, one of three fundamental entities in the Marvel Comics Universe (the Living Tribunal is further above them all and maintains the cosmic balance of power)
"He" refering to Eternity. On this forum at least its pretty much accepted that LT is more or less equal to Spectre. And its a fact that the Anit-Monitor is greater than the spectre. So if Wikipedia is correct Im gonna have to say AM wins.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 01:04 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
manorastroman

Spectre=Phoenix

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 01:17 AM
manorastroman is currently offline Click here to Send manorastroman a Private Message Find more posts by manorastroman Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hegemon875
Archvillain

Oh Ive just found some more support for my opinion from here on KMC

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t377384.html

quote: (post)
Originally posted by unknowable
These are the most powerful characters in the DC and Marvel multiverse.

1. the One Above All {true god of the Marvel multiverse}
the Presence {true god of the DC multiverse}
the Great Evil Beast {God's Polar Opposite; The Darkness to the Light}

2. the White Phoenix of the Crown {is the nexus of all psionic energy which does, has, and ever wil exist in all realities of the multiverse}
Michael {Possesses the Presence's demiurgic power. The power to create. He lays down the foundations for Lucifer} - DC
Lucifer Morningstar {Possesses the Presence's will power. He uses this to shape the demiurgic matter laid down by Michael into the DC universe
(which later became a multiverse} - DC
Elaine Belloc {Michael's daughter, possessing all of Michael's demiurgic power} - DC

3. Living Tribunal {the judge of the marvel multiverse, can destroy universes and affect/pass judgement on anyone under the multiverse
save the One Above All} - Marvel
Spectre/Logoz {the living embodiment of God's Wrath/Spirit of Redemption. He more or less knows all, sees all, and his power is
almost without limit} - DC
the Saint of Killers {he is the divine agent/angel of death, who killed the devil once and a weakened Voice} - DC

4. the Source {The all-knowing lifepower of the New Gods, an aspect of the Presence} - DC
the Word {an incarnation of the first word spoken by the Presence in the Beginning} - DC
the Voice {The entity who has been referred to as the Voice is actually the Voice of the Presence, the Voice that speaks in everything} - DC
the Infinites {"abstract beings"_of incalculable power._ While_manifesting in_our dimension, one of their hands was as big as_Eternity himself} - Marvel
True Beyonders {The Beyonders are a race of immensely powerful entities that reside in the beyond realm, just a tiny fraction of their power gave the Molecule
man all of his abilities and the "Beyonder" all of his near omnipotence} - Marvel
the Makers {five cosmic beings that created the Microverse. They took an existing universe and remade its stars, planets, and galaxies.

5. Nemesis/the Infinity Being {an entity that exists when all seven Infinity Gems are combined} - Marvel
(Infinity Gauntlet) - six gems plus one that control all aspects of Time, Space, Power, Reality, the Mind and the Soul/and the obscure seventh, the Ego gem}
the Endless {their domain spans over the entire DC multiverse and have total control over the seven concepts(Dreams-Death-Despair-Destiny-Delirium-
Desire-Destruction)they are practically omnipotent} - DC

6. the Brothers {the Brothers are the sum total of everything in the Marvel multiverse and DC multiverse} - these are two entities -
that could destroy at-least a mutiverse}

7. Eternity {the embodiment and collective consciousness of all living things in the universe, ability to manipulate time, space, matter,
energy and magic for virtually any purpose, the supreme time being of the universe
Death {embodies the principal of mortality, a mystical essence of the universe, the absence of Life} - Marvel
Infinity {she is the supreme space being of the universe, an intelligence encompassing the very concept of infinity and space,
as such her power is on par with Eternity Death and Oblivion} - Marvel
Oblivion {personification of non-existence, the great void: the absence of space: nothingness} - Marvel
Entropy {incredible godlike powers superior to that of most cosmic beings and on par with such beings as Eternity
his power allows him to do virtually anything and everything} - Marvel
the Rot {It is humongous, empty and growing, continuing to expand, taking up whole portions of space It has proven so powerful,
or so abstract, that neither Death, nor Eternity can affect it} - Marvel

Another person who agrees that Spectre and LT are both equal and above Eternity.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 01:56 AM
Hegemon875 is currently offline Click here to Send Hegemon875 a Private Message Find more posts by Hegemon875 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

The Anti-Monitor, the Monitor, and the (Formerly?) Infinite Earths were created by Krona's experiment to discover the secret of creation. The Anti-Monitor was able to consume/nullify thos cosms in part due to their interlinked origins.

Marvel's Multiverse arose from the fragmentation of the Infinity Being that gave rise to the cycles of creation and destruction that eventually led to the current state of affairs. The Anti-Monitor would have far less power therein

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 02:01 AM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Laminator_X
The Anti-Monitor, the Monitor, and the (Formerly?) Infinite Earths were created by Krona's experiment to discover the secret of creation. The Anti-Monitor was able to consume/nullify thos cosms in part due to their interlinked origins.

Marvel's Multiverse arose from the fragmentation of the Infinity Being that gave rise to the cycles of creation and destruction that eventually led to the current state of affairs. The Anti-Monitor would have far less power therein

The Infinity Beings role in the multiverse got retconned a very long time ago and his position was replaced by Phoenix. Thats how current continuity stands. How long it remains like that however is anyones guess.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 02:31 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Anti-Monitor consumed universe after universe. Thererfore many Eternities in Marvel terms. I cant see how he at the height of his power would lose to Eternity. This has been done before anyway.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 02:32 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
supremthor

^^^^true

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 03:10 PM
supremthor is currently offline Click here to Send supremthor a Private Message Find more posts by supremthor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Laminator_X
Once & Future KMC Hawkeye

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
Anti-Monitor consumed universe after universe. Thererfore many Eternities in Marvel terms. I cant see how he at the height of his power would lose to Eternity. This has been done before anyway.

The point I was trying to make is that the Anti-Monitor only had the power to consume those worlds because he and they were really one and the same; mere fragments of the one true Creation that Krona's had blasphemy splintered.

It doesn't necessarily follow that the Anti-Monitor would have significant power at all outside of the DC Infinite Earths. Nor does it necessarily follow that having the power of many fragmentary universes would be greater than one unfragmented/whole universe. We cant really say.

Not that a question like this can be answered with any sort of athority mind you, but that's the way my speculation runs.

...You are Number Six. Respect Popeye

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 06:41 PM
Laminator_X is currently offline Click here to Send Laminator_X a Private Message Find more posts by Laminator_X Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Laminator_X
The point I was trying to make is that the Anti-Monitor only had the power to consume those worlds because he and they were really one and the same; mere fragments of the one true Creation that Krona's had blasphemy splintered.

It doesn't necessarily follow that the Anti-Monitor would have significant power at all outside of the DC Infinite Earths. Nor does it necessarily follow that having the power of many fragmentary universes would be greater than one unfragmented/whole universe. We cant really say.

Not that a question like this can be answered with any sort of athority mind you, but that's the way my speculation runs.

I see. You're likening Eternity to the Dc universe before it was splintered which is wrong to do. Especially when Eternity himself is just one of many, a small part of a multiverse. Anti - Monitor was like an Anti-matter version of Eternity who unleashed an anti-matter wave which converted all other universes into anti-matter therefore vastly increasing his power. At the height of his power after having consumed all of the multiverse with the exception of 5 universes i dont see how he would have a problem defeating Eternity.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 07:15 PM
Evolve
KMC Herald

AM wins, but it's not like a blowout or anything.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 07:16 PM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

Originally posted by Hegemon875
Oh Ive just found some more support for my opinion from here on KMC

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t377384.html

Another person who agrees that Spectre and LT are both equal and above Eternity.

I would say that that hiearchy is messed up. Spectre should be equal to Phoenix and the Source above phoenix.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:25 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Superherovandal
I would say that that hiearchy is messed up. Spectre should be equal to Phoenix and the Source above phoenix.

Why should the Source be above Phoenix when theyve been presented as one and the same in the past and in current continuity Phoenix represents the Crown in Creation?

All aspects should be on the same tier.

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:43 PM
Beyonder

The Infinity Beings role in the multiverse got retconned a very long time ago and his position was replaced by Phoenix.

...says the fanboy. embarrasment

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:44 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Beyonder
...says the fanboy. embarrasment

No. Says the comics. That particular issue got dealt with a long time ago so is not up for debate youngster.roll eyes (sarcastic)

Away with you embarrasment -------->

Last edited by GalacticStorm on Nov 16th, 2005 at 10:54 PM

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:50 PM
Beyonder

[B]No. Says the comics. That particular issue got dealt with a long time ago so is not up for debate youngster.roll eyes (sarcastic)B]

When? Another X-Men issue?

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:57 PM
Beyonder is currently offline Click here to Send Beyonder a Private Message Find more posts by Beyonder Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

She could be just a part of the Source. Like a fragment of the power. So for all we know she could be not as powerful. She could be like the Godwave. A part of the part of the whole. So to speak.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 10:59 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Beyonder
When? Another X-Men issue?

In X-men Forever Eternity stated that the origin and end of a universe is Phoenix. In that series it was also revealed that Galactus and the abstracts were merely the evolved humanity from the previous universe and were transformed into their current states by Phoenix.

This is supported in F4 526 and confirmed in the latest F4 Handbook where Galactus' bio states that Galan was protected at the end of the last universe by Phoenix and bonded to the cosmic egg by Phoenix.

It would be lovely if you could check it out and then get back to me. smile

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 11:02 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by Superherovandal
She could be just a part of the Source. Like a fragment of the power. So for all we know she could be not as powerful. She could be like the Godwave. A part of the part of the whole. So to speak.

Nope. Phoenix in Marvel represents the Crown. (Hence Jeans title of White Phoenix of Crown) Keter/Crown/Presence are all the same thing. Just different names for the same aspect of the supreme being. Keter can be represented in creation via the Primum Mobile (as in DC) or as the Big Bang (Phoenix in Marvel)

Just like how the Source is in DC Phoenix is the origin of all life and all energy in Marvels creation as stated in both F4 526 and F4 Annual #23, X-men Forever 1 to 6 and Uncanny X-men (many times over the years up to a few months ago actually)

Old Post Nov 16th, 2005 11:10 PM