KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Punisher vs. Batman

Punisher vs. Batman
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Batman 24 61.54%
The Punisher 15 38.46%
Total: 39 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Punisher vs. Batman
Started by: Lanzo

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (11): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Lanzo

Punisher vs. Batman

The ultimate versus, simply because it could possibly happen. Two human beings. No special powers of any kind; just their own equipment, physical prowess, and intelligence. Two heroes who, theoretically, could actually exist. Pitted against each other.

Bruce Wayne or Frank Castle?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 04:13 AM
Lanzo is currently offline Click here to Send Lanzo a Private Message Find more posts by Lanzo Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
XerxesLogan
Beserker

Batman wins....far more intelligent and cunning.....Punisher gets sloppy and is more than a little insane.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 04:23 AM
XerxesLogan is currently offline Click here to Send XerxesLogan a Private Message Find more posts by XerxesLogan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
General Kon-El
Last Son of the Sith

Intelligence: Batman
Strength: Neither
Speed: Neither
Durability: Batman
E.P.: Neither
F.S.: Batman
Agility: BAtman
Gadgetry: BAtman

AND THE MOST IMPORTANT OF ALL

Fanboys: Batman 51%, Punisher 49%. i count double...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 04:34 AM
General Kon-El is currently offline Click here to Send General Kon-El a Private Message Find more posts by General Kon-El Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
AcousticDoc

when this fight happened in the comics batman toyed with punisher like he was nothing.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:21 AM
AcousticDoc is currently offline Click here to Send AcousticDoc a Private Message Find more posts by AcousticDoc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
house
kyokushinkai master

quote: (post)
Originally posted by AcousticDoc
when this fight happened in the comics batman toyed with punisher like he was nothing.

Ok those batman,punisher crossover comics are gay they make frank look like a pussy.

When spilled is the blood of the innocent vengance will ride.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 09:11 AM
house is currently offline Click here to Send house a Private Message Find more posts by house Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

Originally posted by AcousticDoc

I'd say this is a mis-represantation of the facts. In "Punisher Batman" they fought twice the first time the Punisher was already engaged in a feirce fire fight of an unknown duration(though obviously not short), with a number of armed opponents. During the exchange of gun fire Batman gets the drop on Frank(drop down with both feet landing on his head), and guess what Castle still gives about as good as he gets. Then part of the roof of the building that they were fighting in(witch was burning) more or less falls on the Punisher, he gets away from it and retreats as he not only has to deal with Batman, but a large contigent of the GCPD as well. The second fight goes very much in Batmans favor however one has to remember not only does this take place a matter of days after the roof falls on him, but Frank is also bleeding like crazy from gun shot wounds to both shoulder(I don't think these were the only hits he took), And the Joker had just fired a gun right next to his face, blinding him etc.

Their encounter in JLA/Avengers happened out of frame, but we do know that Batman once again had the element of suprise and that Castle was once again involved in a fire fight of unkown duration. The encounter still lasted 20 minutes and it seems unlikly given that he wasn't picked up by the Cops or caped by the bad guys that the Punisher wasn't down for long if at all. He probably realised he was fighting a battle on two fronts and disengaged.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 12:49 PM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

Originally posted by DrDoom101

Durability: Batman

I am not so sure about that, given some of the stuff that Frank has endured i'd venture to say their about even. If not giving the edge to the Punisher.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 12:52 PM
Nightstick is currently offline Click here to Send Nightstick a Private Message Find more posts by Nightstick Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

This thread has been done before...but i will say it again, frank wins because if he keeps his distance he could snipe batman right in the head...if frank could hit dd and spiderman he could hit batman...their crossover was ok and i agree that if it was a h2h fight batman would beat him, but this is an all out war, and punisher does what ever it takes to win, batman has mercy and this is what makes him weak...that Avergers/JLA bullsh!t doesn't count because batman caught him off gard and that crossover sucks anyways, they gave one panel to frank...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 01:59 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

Originally posted by jgiant
This thread has been done before...but i will say it again, frank wins because if he keeps his distance he could snipe batman right in the head...if frank could hit dd and spiderman he could hit batman...their crossover was ok and i agree that if it was a h2h fight batman would beat him, but this is an all out war, and punisher does what ever it takes to win, batman has mercy and this is what makes him weak...that Avergers/JLA bullsh!t doesn't count because batman caught him off gard and that crossover sucks anyways, they gave one panel to frank...

Unless bloodlust is turned on Frank is not going to kill Batman for the same reason he wont kill Spider-Man or Daredevil. He views them all as innocents.

Considering that the Punisher has displayed the ability to hold his own in hand-to-hand combat with not only Batman, but also Spider-man, Daredevil, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, etc. I can't see any reason to assume that he would out right lose a brawl. Though obviously this is where Batman excells so it would be in Franks best intrest not to be pulled into a physical confrantation.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:46 PM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by Nightstick
Unless bloodlust is turned on Frank is not going to kill Batman for the same reason he wont kill Spider-Man or Daredevil. He views them all as innocents.

Considering that the Punisher has displayed the ability to hold his own in hand-to-hand combat with not only Batman, but also Spider-man, Daredevil, Wolverine, Nightcrawler, etc. I can't see any reason to assume that he would out right lose a brawl. Though obviously this is where Batman excells so it would be in Franks best intrest not to be pulled into a physical confrantation.

Read rules, bloodlust is always on unless stated otherwise by thread started...punisher wins...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 02:50 PM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nightstick

Read rules, bloodlust is always on unless stated otherwise by thread started...punisher wins...

I am familiar with the rules.

By their method your point about Batmans mercy would moot.

However bloodlust in many ways is PIS and more often then not fights decided from the vantage point of such bare little to no resmblence to an actual encounter between the parties involved. More over when it is "activated", it more or less becomes grounds for rampant speculation. While it is a rule and I will abide by it. I believe to have an effective/relevent debate it has to at least be taken with a grain of salt.

With that in mind and the fact that you were obviously not taking bloodlust into account (at least not equally) in your assesment. Then the Punisher is no more going to make kill shots on Batman then Batman is going to decapitate the Punisher with a batarang.

As the characters are I believe it is fairly even. Bloodlusted I care not to speculate to much, but probably MAD. Frank'd just blow them both up.

Last edited by Nightstick on Nov 18th, 2005 at 03:54 PM

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 03:51 PM
I-Drop
Privateer

Punisher wastes him. Batman is found with @ least 2 extra holes in his corpse.

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 08:45 PM
I-Drop is currently offline Click here to Send I-Drop a Private Message Find more posts by I-Drop Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by brainchild81
Punisher wastes him. Batman is found with @ least 2 extra holes in his corpse.
Batman deals with the kind of sh!t that would give Frank a Heart attack.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 09:13 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by snoopdogg
Batman deals with the kind of sh!t that would give Frank a Heart attack.

Like what?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 10:30 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Like what?
White Martians.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 10:42 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by snoopdogg
White Martians.

He wouldn't give a fuk about martians, what does he have to fear from anyone really, he has been through it all...martians are nothing compared to what he has been through...

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 10:46 PM
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

what the heck has he faced that is even close to white martians and fernus? nothing. And how would he get through Bats bulletproof armor? This is a kinda good fight but Bats has the cards as a better fighter, better at battle, and better thinker on his feet.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 11:00 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dizzle
KMC Authority!!!

Originally posted by Superherovandal
what the heck has he faced that is even close to white martians and fernus? nothing. And how would he get through Bats bulletproof armor? This is a kinda good fight but Bats has the cards as a better fighter, better at battle, and better thinker on his feet.

Agreed. Batman has done some crazy shizit with batarangs too...

DarkCrawler is my hero... RESPECT LEONARD NIMOY!!!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 11:03 PM
Dizzle is currently offline Click here to Send Dizzle a Private Message Find more posts by Dizzle Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

Originally posted by Superherovandal

And punisher is not good on his feet, he got away from dd, wolvie and spidey with no weapons...is batmans headpiece bulletproof, it doesn't even matter punisher has grenades and can catch him off gard...and if the headpiece is bulletproof he could shoot where it is open, and don't tell me it is too small...punisher is an excellent marksman even with moving targets...and what does frank have to fear from martians?

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 11:07 PM
Superherovandal
CEO of BS Comics Inc.

And punisher is not good on his feet, he got away from dd, wolvie and spidey with no weapons...is batmans headpiece bulletproof, it doesn't even matter punisher has grenades and can catch him off gard...and if the headpiece is bulletproof he could shoot where it is open, and don't tell me it is too small...punisher is an excellent marksman even with moving targets...and what does frank have to fear from martians?

laughing Superman Level strength,speed, and durability, Xavier level telepathy, and all of MM's other super powers.

I am creator of all the master of all things BS. Bow before my mighty form!

Old Post Nov 18th, 2005 11:12 PM
Superherovandal is currently offline Click here to Send Superherovandal a Private Message Find more posts by Superherovandal Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote