KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Despero VS The Fantastic Four

Despero VS The Fantastic Four
Started by: Private Pion

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Private Pion

Despero VS The Fantastic Four

Combat takes place in the middle of a city, during rush hour.

Assume Despero can only control one FF member at once.

Who wins?

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 09:26 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

FF dies.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 09:26 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Please be a little more detailed. :P

Also, I agree. Despero takes on Thing and Mr.Fantastic while mind controled Invisible Woman suffocates Human Torch.

Old Post Feb 4th, 2006 09:28 PM
Private Pion is currently offline Click here to Send Private Pion a Private Message Find more posts by Private Pion Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

who is this despero?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 02:49 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

My vote goes to Despero.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Mider
who is this despero?

Despero is a tyrant from the planet Kelanor.

Powers: Telepathy and a mutant hypnotic third eye capable of projecting realistic illusions and entrancing virtually any sentient being; projects beams of telekinetic energy enabling the teleportation of matter anywhere in the universe; amplified strength, speed, stamina, agility and durability granted by the Flame of Py'tar mystical powers; genius level intelligence; skills as a warrior and tyrant.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 02:58 AM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

now i remeber sorry

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 03:13 AM
Mider is currently offline Click here to Send Mider a Private Message Find more posts by Mider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jasofisc

in truth they have taken out more power foes. However despero takes it they only win agenst uber powerful foes by plot devices.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 08:02 AM
jasofisc is currently offline Click here to Send jasofisc a Private Message Find more posts by jasofisc Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Private Pion

Originally posted by jasofisc
in truth they have taken out more power foes. However despero takes it they only win agenst uber powerful foes by plot devices.

Amen. Although I'm not so sure Despero is uber. Damn tough, yeah, but not uber.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:21 PM
TheKahn
The Dude abides

With out some kind of telepathy protection, FF loses bad.

Carl - "No, the real point is: I don't give a damn."

Carl - "This line, here? Line of Death. You cross it, and your freedoms no longer exist. Um-kay? Have a good day."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:22 PM
TheKahn is currently offline Click here to Send TheKahn a Private Message Find more posts by TheKahn Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mr.Biscuits

reed would need prep to win..........(also known as PIS)

Old Post Feb 5th, 2006 09:40 PM
Mr.Biscuits is currently offline Click here to Send Mr.Biscuits a Private Message Find more posts by Mr.Biscuits Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

You guys must not read alot of FF stuff these days... Not only does Reed vaccinate the team from 16,000+ viruses and diseases every mission, they have anti-telepathy control devices built into their suits. And have had for quite sometime now.

FF ASSrapes him.

FF 10/10

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:19 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

you forget his powers can do other things like teleport things he also has super speed, stamina, and super strengh, and is a genius

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:26 AM
Tony Stark
Mr. All Day

you forget his powers can do other things like teleport things he also has super speed, stamina, and super strengh, and is a genius

He's nowhere near in Ben's class for strength and fighting ability, nowhere near Reeds intellect, Not able to pound down Sue's forcefield, can't handle Jonny's nova.

He's very overmatched...

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 10:32 AM
Tony Stark is currently offline Click here to Send Tony Stark a Private Message Find more posts by Tony Stark Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

no were near the things strengh heh i just looked at him chocking the crap out of MM and are invisible womens force fields stronger then magneto if not he'd break through them and reed needs prep and human torch i think ie he can take on the JLA he could hand the FF there butts.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 11:16 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

no were near the things strengh heh i just looked at him chocking the crap out of MM and are invisible womens force fields stronger then magneto if not he'd break through them and reed needs prep and human torch i think ie he can take on the JLA he could hand the FF there butts.

Don't mind Tony Stark.
He is a member of the 'Marvel can never lose' faction in KMC (btw ....his name IS Tony Stark. Guess what character that is ....starts with an 'I' and ends in 'man,' and guess what comic company that character belongs to ....'starts with a 'M' and ends in 'vel').
Oh, and guess where Tony Stark lives .....according to his location tab, he lives in 'Stark Tower International,' which makes me start to think that maybe this hombre does really think he IS Tony Stark for real.
I guess I'd better watch out for repulsor blasts!

Anyways, this small (but vocal) group seriously believes that nigh any Marvel character can triumph over a DC character.

This is why you see threads popping up that put the Thing against Superman for example, and you see certain 'esteemed' members saying that the Thing can win.
This is why you see posters like Golem370 starting threads that actually have the ENTIRE DC universe facing off against Marvel character(s) ....in one case the entire DCU facing off against a character that was stopped by Magik and Nightcrawler (yet the poster seriously thought the DCU ....all of it ....would fall).
This is why you see some threads that have QuickSilver facing off against the Flash.
Or why you see someone seriously state that Rogue would be a match for Superman.
Oh ....and do not forget the previously ubiquitious (thankfully no more since Wolverine888 is no longer a member) threads where Wolverine was made into some uber-creation that could trump anyone in DC. For instance the Wolverine vs WonderWoman thread, or the Wolverine versus Superman thread .....and yes, in both there were people who said that Wolverine could win.

In essence you have a group of people to whom the name 'Marvel' indicates an automatic win, even when it is absolutely ludicrous to believe so.

Take this case for example.
Tony Stark stated that Despero couldn't match the Thing's strength.
Now,that could only come from a Marvel fanboy in the order of Wolverine888 ....I doubt even golem370 could say such a thing (although some of his threads do insinuate otherwise).
If Despero can face off against Martian Manhunter, one of the top powerhouses in the JLA .....a being that could move a third of the moon ....then what the heck is the Thing?
If Despero can go fist-to-fist with Lobo .....come on!
Furthermore Despero is a character that is able to, and has, faced off against the entire JLA.

Yet, according to Tony Stark, the Thing will overpower him.
Hmmmm ....I don't think the Thing has enough ...erm ...'heart'....to even come close.

I'd bet that Tony Stark probably doesn't even know what Despero can do, and thus his Marvel-colored lenses just make his spout forth that 'Marvel wins.'

The only person in the F4 that has a chance is Reed .....and that is if he gets prep time (meaning, if he is able to come up with plot devices like the ones he has used to bring down characters like Galactus .....which indicates a level of PIS/CIS that would make Dr Doom cry 'bloody murder' and make Batman give up everything and join an ascetic Ashram. In essence plot devices that transcend disbelief .....even in comics).

However ....if we are to believe Tony Stark ....Despero will not even get past the Thing.

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Last edited by spetznaz on Feb 6th, 2006 at 11:47 AM

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 11:40 AM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Originally posted by spetznaz
Don't mind Tony Stark.
Wise words. BTW He's not so much a Marvel fanboy as a FF, particularly the Thing, fanboy.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 11:45 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

ok ok people how does Despero do against fire? and how long can sue richards keep her shield up while he's punching the crap out of it.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 11:57 AM
spetznaz
Senior Fanboy Killer

ok ok people how does Despero do against fire? and how long can sue richards keep her shield up while he's punching the crap out of it.

Let me answer by giving 3 insights into Despero from various sources, and then leave it up to you to decide whether or not he can stand up against the Fantastic Four (or, if Tony Stark is to be believed, if he would fall under the 'amazing strength' of the Thing)

1) Despero is a villain who is not to be underestimated. The Flame of Py'tar made Despero into a superhuman wrecking machine with near Superman-level strength and toughness.

However, Despero is not a dumb hunk of muscle. He's very intelligent, and a master manipulator, often using psychology against the JLA. The third eye on his forehead is directly conneted to his brain, giving him telepathic powers that rival the Martian Manhunter.

2) Notable powers: Telepathy and a mutant hypnotic third eye capable of projecting realistic illusions and entrancing virtually any sentient being; projects beams of telekinetic energy enabling the teleportation of matter anywhere in the universe; amplified strength, speed, stamina, agility and durability granted by the Flame of Py'tar mystical powers; genius level intelligence; skills as a warrior and tyrant.

3) Has faced off against the JLA ....the entire JLA.
Note that the third entails facing such characters as Green Lantern, the Flash, Superman, Wonderwoman .....and Martian Manhunter (Despero is probably MM's greatest foe).

Hmmmm .....I wonder if he can beat the Thing?

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 12:22 PM
spetznaz is currently offline Click here to Send spetznaz a Private Message Find more posts by spetznaz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mider

can he beat the FF let me think YES.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 03:17 PM
Private Pion

Whilst Despero is undenibly stronger than Thing, I get the impression Thing is more durable-Since Despero has had his skin pierced by steel rods thrown by Aquaman. But then, the wound healed near instantly.

Old Post Feb 6th, 2006 05:10 PM