KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Adamantium vs Vibranium

Adamantium vs Vibranium
Started by: braz

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

Adamantium vs Vibranium

?? which ones better..and which one can cut the other?? confused

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 03:53 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Well lets pretend we are in the real world with that choice I would pick vibranium more practical usessmile

Is this anti-metal vibranium?smile

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 03:59 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

which kind's on Caps shield?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 04:02 AM
braz is currently offline Click here to Send braz a Private Message Find more posts by braz Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Caps shield is an ore and it absorbs kinetic energy vibrations if you will while the OTHER vibranium the anti-metal resonates or vibrates so quickly it can liquify any metal even adamantium.

That said I would much prefer vibranium absorbs sounds impacts from bullets jumping from tall buildingssmile

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 04:22 AM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
braz
I'm an agent of chaos...

so wolvie's claws couldnt penetrate black panther's suit?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 04:27 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

If I remember correctly, adamantium is the result of trying to recreate vibranium. Vibranium is stronger.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 04:28 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
If I remember correctly, adamantium is the result of trying to recreate vibranium. Vibranium is stronger.

Cap's sheild is indestructible because it is made of both:

1. Adamantium
2. Vibranium

Adamantium is unbreakable, but supposedly it can still be melted or damaged by energy or heat.

Vibranium is not indestructible, but can not be harmed by energy or heat.

So, one can take physical punishment and one can take energy punishment.

At least that was the way it was a few years back.

I read about that liquid vibranium anti-metal. So stupid.
Yay! I'm a new writer for Marvel. Nobody gives a crap what I write, so I will just do anything I want, and rewrite whatever comes to mind!
Yay, again!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 04:50 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

I've come to defend Cap's shield!

...sad

Cap's shield is a mixture of vibranium and an unknown alien metal, when a baddie tried to recreate Cap's shield, they made Adamantium by mistake.

Cap's shield > Vibranium & Adamantium.

Adamantium is stronger than Vibranium, nothing can harm Adamantium except molecular rearrangement. Vibranium can be broken, a Vibranium mound was shattered after it absorbed an earthquake. It can be melted and bent, too.

Antarctic Vibranium is a rare type of Vibranium that basically reforms the molecules of other metals it touches.

-bows-

Thank you.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 05:25 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Um... thank you, er, Mr., uh, ... Mr. "Pig". But, I must disagree.
As per the full, drawn out explanation below, Cap's shield is Vibranium and Adamantium, created from a process that has never been duplicated. Check it out:

Captain America's only weapon is his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium-Adimantium alloy that has never been duplicated. The Shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. During his experiments, MacLain combined Vibranium with an Adamantium-steel alloy he was working with and created the disc-shaped shield. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability to identify a still unknown factor that played a role in it. The shield was awarded to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career.

The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...tainamerica.htm

(pulls pants down and farts)

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 06:38 AM
Horrificus is currently offline Click here to Send Horrificus a Private Message Find more posts by Horrificus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wynndar
ThunderCat

USAgents shield was Vibranium but one guy with an Adamantium knife cut right through it and stabbed him in the shoulder...he said it was the only thing that could cut through it.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 06:47 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by Wynndar
USAgents shield was Vibranium but one guy with an Adamantium knife cut right through it and stabbed him in the shoulder...he said it was the only thing that could cut through it.

Thor with Odinforce was able to dent the indestructible shield. Then Thor repaired it.

Dr.Doom stole the Beyonder's power and destroyed it another time. Cap fixed it with one of the Beyonder's machines. But, it turned out that it did not get repaired properly, and it broke down due to a problem at the molecular level from the machine. Pure chance somehow had the shield get repaired during a battle with Klaw, as Klaw's power somehow effected the molecular symmetry of the shield.

And, Thanos shattered it with the IG. Then Adam Warlock fixed it.

The process used to create the shield was never reproduced. And, nobody knows exactly how it was created as it is. In truth, supposedly, it was created before the invention of adamantium.

And, it was being made with Vibranium and a "steel alloy". But the scientist making it fell asleep or something goofy like that. When he woke, he found the process worked, but never found out what the x factor was, that made it a success.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 07:01 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Horrificus
Um... thank you, er, Mr., uh, ... Mr. "Pig". But, I must disagree.
As per the full, drawn out explanation below, Cap's shield is Vibranium and Adamantium, created from a process that has never been duplicated. Check it out:

Captain America's only weapon is his shield, a concave disk 2.5 feet in diameter, weighing 12 pounds. It is made of a unique Vibranium-Adimantium alloy that has never been duplicated. The Shield was cast by American metallurgist Dr. Myron MacLain, who was contracted by the U.S. government to create an impenetrable substance to use for tanks during World War II. During his experiments, MacLain combined Vibranium with an Adamantium-steel alloy he was working with and created the disc-shaped shield. MacLain was never able to duplicate the process due to his inability to identify a still unknown factor that played a role in it. The shield was awarded to Captain America by the government several months after the beginning of his career.

The shield has great aerodynamic properties: it is able to slice through the air with minimal wind resistance and deflection of path. Its great overall resilience, combined with its natural concentric stiffness, enables it to rebound from objects with minimal loss of angular momentum. It is virtually indestructible: it is resistant to penetration, temperature extremes, and the entire electromagnetic spectrum of radiation. The only way it can be damaged in any way is by tampering with its molecular bonding.

http://www.marveldirectory.com/indi...tainamerica.htm

(pulls pants down and farts)

No. no ol' bean.

Cap's shield has zero Adamantium in it. It's a widely known fact that Marvel's handbook actually got it wrong when they dealt with this subject. The Hanbook is proven wrong over and over in the comics.

And that site is directly from that flawed Handbook.

Google search the story, it's true.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 07:06 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

Originally posted by long pig
No. no ol' bean.

Cap's shield has zero Adamantium in it. It's a widely known fact that Marvel's handbook actually got it wrong when they dealt with this subject. The Hanbook is proven wrong over and over in the comics.

And that site is directly from that flawed Handbook.

Google search the story, it's true.

Yup, you are right. I changed the story right before you just replied.

No adamantium. Just a sleepy scientist, some vibranium, a "steel alloy" and a mystery of what happened while he was asleep.

At least that is what I read.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 07:10 AM
Wynndar
ThunderCat

Thor with Odinforce was able to dent the indestructible shield. Then Thor repaired it.

Dr.Doom stole the Beyonder's power and destroyed it another time. Cap fixed it with one of the Beyonder's machines. But, it turned out that it did not get repaired properly, and it broke down due to a problem at the molecular level from the machine. Pure chance somehow had the shield get repaired during a battle with Klaw, as Klaw's power somehow effected the molecular symmetry of the shield.

And, Thanos shattered it with the IG. Then Adam Warlock fixed it.

The process used to create the shield was never reproduced. And, nobody knows exactly how it was created as it is. In truth, supposedly, it was created before the invention of adamantium.

And, it was being made with Vibranium and a "steel alloy". But the scientist making it fell asleep or something goofy like that. When he woke, he found the process worked, but never found out what the x factor was, that made it a success.

I know...I was just making a reference to the fact that vibranium can be cut by adamantium...I wasnt talking about Cap's shield I was talking about USAgent who has a very inferior shield. This forum is titled Vibranium vs Adamantium, so I thought I would use an example of pure Adamantium vs pure Vibranium.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 07:13 AM
Wynndar is currently offline Click here to Send Wynndar a Private Message Find more posts by Wynndar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Horrificus

What is that one storyline about, that talks of a vibranium "anti-metal"?
What is that about?

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 07:34 AM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

What is that one storyline about, that talks of a vibranium "anti-metal"?
What is that about?

It was an Agent Zero arc where some high up government group equipped AZ to take out Wolverine , they gave him a single Anti-Metal bullet (which is vibranium which instead of 'absorbing' vibrations gives off 'vibrations') The bullet should have melted the adamantium within wolverines skeleton.

Old Post Mar 23rd, 2006 08:03 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Mildor

From all the information regarding the background of this two metals No metal best the other one in all aspects each one excels in some aspect and that goes for the carbonadium and uru metal too

Vibranum itself is a metal that absorb vibrations ergo its name, but mainly against energy impacts of any origin that exist in Marvel universe but its molecular structute do not best adamantium that is suitable for physical impacts

Adamantium as stated, is an artificial alloy from a process of merging tree secret elements by a secret process knowledge in the US goverment. creating the strongest metal that resist physical impacts and of course energy impacts but its reaction against energy it is not clean as vibranium.

The creation of real adamantium is as expensive as unknown the way to recreate Caps shield.

I think, the oficial first source for the origin of caps shield was that it was the fusion of vibranium & a strong metal alloy because the creation of the shield is widely before the invention of adamantium. This could be infer that because of this union the shield got balanced in physical & energy impacts though is debatable how can withstand strong physical impacts from powerhouses such as Hulk Juggernaut etc. Since after all is vibranium plus other regular metal, So if we acept that caps shield is a fusion of vibranium and adamantium then there´s would be a contradiction of events. Finally I think is more aceptable for the sake of logic continuity that the shield was the mixture of two high metals the vibranium from wakanda vein and vibranium from northpole the only places were is concentred & also both types of vibranium have diferent propoerties that with the union will create something better.(something like the Gestalt theory)
Also retaking adamantium subject this high metal also have diferrent types: the real adamantium, the secondary adamantium and the beta adamantium.

The real is the expensibe and dificult to create that even supervillains do not invest in creating it but to obtain or steal it already refined.

The secondary versions was created to reduce cost of production this versions surpass any other regular metal titanium,steel versions but could be damage against great impacts of powerhouses.

Finally the beta adamantium was created when real adamantium got infused in wolverine skeleton. Weapon X proyect the molecular structure fusen with the bone structure of wolverine accepting that this was now another type of adamantium which i havent found the diference from the real, like to think that since both metal & bone fusion. Its not ilogic to think that the adamantium mutated and know if theres was a remote possiblity a minimal chance that the metal could be breaked this one can get reconstruct the same way the healing factor of wolverine works in his body.

Carbonadium was the Soviet Union response to the high metal race, wanting to replicate the adamantium, fails to achieve it, but instead this less strong structural metal that the adamantium (dont know if still stronger that vibranium) got a quality that other high metals do not have: elasticity with the only setback that this metal is radioactive although making it good for belical purposes this cause to Omega Red be in a intoxicated state.

The uru metal is a mistic metal since only exist in the realm of asgard and also exist in very short quatities like the vibranium in earth. Making it very valuable because aside from been strong its molecular structure make it afinity to be enchanted plus converting in a simbiotic relation with the owner

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 06:48 AM
Mildor is currently offline Click here to Send Mildor a Private Message Find more posts by Mildor Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
psycho gundam
The Nightmare of Solomon

^ not what the thread really asked.

"better" is subjective. we have two types of vibranium: wakandan; which absorbs vibrations, and antarctic; which emits metal corroding wavelengths, adamantium is prey to it also. iirc all vibranium is spoken for on earth and getting it is really annoying, but the effects they have are pretty uber.

adamanitum is just hard AF after it sets, that's all it's really good for.
alicia masters cut the statue of the hulk with a vibranium sculpturing tool, so the application superiority is already sort of visible, however adamantium cuts just about anything too so it's just a slightly longer list of things vibranium can cut.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 06:58 AM
psycho gundam is currently offline Click here to Send psycho gundam a Private Message Find more posts by psycho gundam Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
abhilegend
Prince of All Saiyans

^Hank pym beat ultron using anti-metal IIRC.

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 07:38 AM
abhilegend is currently offline Click here to Send abhilegend a Private Message Find more posts by abhilegend Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Entity
Illuminati Founder

Adamantium may be superior in overall strength n durability but I'd still rather have Vibranium simply due to its absorption of vibrations including kinetic and momentum. Thereby negating the resistance of impact and blunt force backlash.

Its why bullets just drop to the ground when they hit Black Panther without knocking him back and why he can withstand a punch from the hulk by using the soles of his boots. The vibranium in his costume, much thicker n solid in the soles of his boots, absorbs all the kinetic energy of any impacts to it.

That should also make cutting threw things much easier since it could completely negate resistance of impact during cutting.

Where as Adamantium might be stronger n able to handle much harder task over all its not going to make them as simple as the Vibranium is via the vibration absorption.

None of them sparkle!
Sig by Scythe!

Last edited by Entity on Apr 21st, 2012 at 07:55 AM

Old Post Apr 21st, 2012 07:53 AM
Entity is currently offline Click here to Send Entity a Private Message Find more posts by Entity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote