KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Team JLA vs. Team Marvel Cosmics

Team JLA vs. Team Marvel Cosmics
Started by: BlaqChaos

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BlaqChaos

Team JLA vs. Team Marvel Cosmics

The Justice League of America (this time consisting of Superman, Wonderwoman, Plasticman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Marvel)

vs.

Team Marvel Cosmics (consisting of Thanos, Silver Surfer, Drax, Thor, Classic Juggernaut, Super-Skrull, Firelord).

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 03:16 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Team two should win most encounters, but team one still has the ability to gather wins.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 03:19 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

Chances are that Team Marvel takes it. Both have big guns, but balance is going to Marvel's side.

Of course this is somewhat speculated, but here's one possible scenario for the fight:
-Drax the Destroyer takes on Wonderwoman and probably would eventually pull out the victory. The duration and the outcome are dependent on the Power gem, or to be exact, whether Drax has it or not.
-Thor fights Green Lantern and wins.
-Captain Marvel eventually overcomes all the troubles Super-Skrull can dish out (possibly), but soon he has to face Thor who in my opinion takes down GL faster than Marvel beats Super-Skrull. Thor takes this fight finally.
-Thanos stalemates Supes until Silver Surfer and Thor come and help him.
-Classic Juggernaut can endure everything Flash and Plasticman throw at him, though he might never beat them either.
-Firelord would be a smart choice against Martian Manhunter because of MM's fear of fire.

But that is only one option. Both teams have possibilities to win, but a small edge to the Marvel Crew. Great fight and a nice thread.

Edit:
quote:
Team two should win most encounters, but team one still has the ability to gather wins.

My point exactly.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 03:28 PM
Tshern is currently offline Click here to Send Tshern a Private Message Find more posts by Tshern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I think it goes like this

Drax the Destroyer vs Captain Marvel now If Drax stays focused on the battle he could win probably stronger and tougher.

Classic Juggernaut vs Wonder Woman since she can only battle Juggernaut she falls after a good battle

Silver Surfer vs Green Lantern well IMO Silver Surfer wins just to powerful.

Firelord vs Flash well since Flash has no speed advantage and because firelord are powers that work for different ways I say he is to versatile

Super Skrull vs Plastic Man I believe SS is just to powerful

Thor vs Martian Manhunter I think this could really go ether way.

and

Thanos vs Superman I say Superman tries to speedblitz Thanos and when Superman looks back and sees Thanos still standing and when he tries it again Thanos release a powerful concussive blast of cosmic energy which stops Superman in his track and while Superman is dazed Superman use his brain Whammy and adds Superman to his herald list.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 03:49 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

I'm trying to be fair, cause I like the DC team, but I DON'T see them winning .... The marvel team 10/10 just to powerful........

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 04:41 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BlaqChaos

And I was thinking that the League would pull a win out.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 07:23 PM
BlaqChaos is currently offline Click here to Send BlaqChaos a Private Message Find more posts by BlaqChaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

THANOS ALONE could battle the jla...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 07:36 PM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

Of course he could. It wouldn't be a long match though...

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 07:38 PM
Tshern is currently offline Click here to Send Tshern a Private Message Find more posts by Tshern Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Even though the JLA's a walking excuse for PIS, Thanos should beat them....especially with the help he has in this fight.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 07:48 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Winter Soldier
Who cares...

Team 2 has Thanos of Titan...If you remove him team 2 still wins 6, maybe 7/10.

I'd like to share a revelation that I've had during my time here. It came to me when I tried to classify your species that I realized you aren't actually mammals. Every mammal on this planet instinctively develops a natural equilibrium with its surrounding environment, but you humans do not. You move to an area and you multiply, and multiply until every natural resource is consumed. And the only way you can survive is to spread to another area. There is another organism on this planet that follows the same pattern. Do you know what it is? A virus. Human beings are a disease, a cancer of this planet. You are a plague, and we...are the cure.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 07:50 PM
Winter Soldier is currently offline Click here to Send Winter Soldier a Private Message Find more posts by Winter Soldier Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Flash becomes tricky though. Thanos could conceivably just destroy a planet-sized area to kill Flash (and so could, say, Surfer probably) but remove Thanos and the JLA can occupy the others and possibly have the upper hand. Thus, Wally would be a b*tch to kill then since they can't divert their attentions to him....and he could certainly cause a lot of trouble (stealing speed, wrapping WW's lasso around people, etc.).

Sans Thanos, I give the JLA the win more often than not, even though Surfer's probably the 2nd most powerful in this fight.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 07:59 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

quote:
Even though the JLA's a walking excuse for PIS, Thanos should beat them

While Flash steals his speed, Martian Manhunter attacks him mentally, Supes is keeping him busy in a fist fight with Wonderwoman and Captain Marvel? Those could easily knock out Thanos and Plasticman and Green Lantern are yet to be used.

Oh yeah, Marvel takes the majority, but not Thanos alone.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 08:07 PM
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Re: Team JLA vs. Team Marvel Cosmics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BlaqChaos
The Justice League of America (this time consisting of Superman, Wonderwoman, Plasticman, Green Lantern, Martian Manhunter, Flash, Captain Marvel)

vs.

Team Marvel Cosmics (consisting of Thanos, Silver Surfer, Drax, Thor, Classic Juggernaut, Super-Skrull, Firelord).

marvel is too tough, but the jla could get a couple wins. in the first few moments mm takes out thor with a powerful tp blast -- at least put him down for a good while. he could also take ss down that way without much trouble. both would/could fall very quickly giving the jla a fast numbers advantage. a couple seconds into the fight lantern keeps ss busy (that's a close fight -- hal could beat ss imo, at least half the time) and supes removes juggs via bfr. 3 marvels down in the first few seconds. while that is happening, cm keeps drax busy until supes shows up and they both put him down. ww and mm can keep thanos entertained while flash keeps fl busy (or beats him by stealing his speed) until the others show up to help him and gl. come to that, flash could steal speed from all of them or give it to the dc guys. that would make things very hard for the marvelites.

anyway, eventually the numbers advantage would be too great and the jla would be left with thanos who would still be tough but altogether they could get him.

likely scenario? not really, but possible. the only advantage the jla has is a massively powerful telepath. they would need to use that advantage to win this fight.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 09:02 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

quote:
he could also take ss down that way without much trouble

With a telepathic shot? Think again, SS took a full mental blast from Moondragon who was at the time wielding the Mind gem and Surfer got back up immeadiately. And Martian Manhunter would take him down? I doubt him even taking Thor, let alone SS.

Marvel Also has two telepaths, Thanos and Silver Surfer. They don't show their telepathy that often and to be exact I cannot provide scans right know, but if you want to see I see what I can do. Anyone is naturally free to post them.

And Team Marvel could simply put Firelord against MM. Tough luck for Jonn.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 09:08 PM
Wally West
Fastest Man Alive

Team Marvel 10/10

It really isn't close at all, you could take out classic Juggernaut, Firelord, Drax and Super-Skrull and Marvel would still take a huge majority. Thanos makes it really unfair, and hes getting backed up by Surfer and Thor!

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 09:11 PM
Wally West is currently offline Click here to Send Wally West a Private Message Find more posts by Wally West Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

by ss i meant superskrull. in the above i said gl was facing surfer . . .

and ss's tp is passive at best. he has strong defenses, but has never been shown to use psionics offensively in anyway. thanos too has shown very ltd tp powers. they are vague to say the very least.

and thor has been impacted by tp in the past -- he's been controlled by several characters (moondragon (pre-gem) and enchantress to name a couple offhand). it's not impossible with a massive blast mm could take him out or at least put him down for a while so someone else could finish him.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 09:13 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Tshern
Protein-man

1. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/..._minus1_p17.jpg
2. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/..._minus1_p18.jpg
3. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/..._minus1_p21.jpg
4. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/..._minus1_p22.jpg

For sure telepathy isn't Surfer's greatest power, but he has such a wide array of other skills that it doesn't even have to be. And Thanos defeated Moondragon in a telepathic struggle, quite a feat really.

quote:
it's not impossible with a massive blast mm could take him out or at least put him down for a while so someone else could finish him.

Agreed. But Firelord might take MM first.

Respect_Popeye

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 09:21 PM
Badabing
Karen

Team marvel is really stacked. I can't believe I'm going against a team with Supes, WW, MM, GL and the most powerful hero ever, CAPTAIN MARVEL. laughing wink <Just a little fanboy humor. But team Marvel takes at least 8/10.

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 09:53 PM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Tshern
1. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/..._minus1_p17.jpg
2. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/..._minus1_p18.jpg
3. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/..._minus1_p21.jpg
4. http://photobucket.com/albums/b305/..._minus1_p22.jpg

For sure telepathy isn't Surfer's greatest power, but he has such a wide array of other skills that it doesn't even have to be. And Thanos defeated Moondragon in a telepathic struggle, quite a feat really.

Agreed. But Firelord might take MM first.

those scans don't do much other than show he has strong defenses, which i said earlier. it was pc not tp that he used to push those aliens back. and i've heard about the thanos/moondragon fight, but where was it? what issue of which book?

in any event, i never claimed mm could take out thanos or ss, just thor and skrull. maybe firelord. i was merely suggesting it might be possible to get a numbers advantage this way. and i thought mm was pretty much over the whole fire thing nowadays. doesn't matter much any -- flash could intercept him before he got to mm and that would still leave a numbers advantage to the jla.

then again, maybe flash steals all their speed . . . such a strange attack. i wonder if he could do it . . .

Old Post Apr 7th, 2006 10:42 PM
bats2jm

thanos makes this fight so unfair marvel team wins

Old Post Apr 9th, 2006 02:17 PM
bats2jm is currently offline Click here to Send bats2jm a Private Message Find more posts by bats2jm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote