KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Magma vs Storm

Magma vs Storm
Started by: nimrod009

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
nimrod009
DIABOLIK!

Magma vs Storm

Who wins?

Old Post May 10th, 2006 09:22 AM
nimrod009 is currently offline Click here to Send nimrod009 a Private Message Find more posts by nimrod009 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Wow...my favourite two elementals!

Neither of them will win. Magma won't be able to reach Storm and go below surface, where Storm can't reach her.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post May 10th, 2006 11:38 AM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

She can reach her with a flood.

Rain erodes rock.

Storm for the win. More experienced and more powerful.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 10th, 2006 01:59 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Doctor-Alvis
Post-Crisis Balki

Rain erodes rocks over many, many years.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 02:00 PM
Doctor-Alvis is currently offline Click here to Send Doctor-Alvis a Private Message Find more posts by Doctor-Alvis Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

quote: (post)
Originally posted by illadelph12
She can reach her with a flood.

Rain erodes rock.

Storm for the win. More experienced and more powerful.

Magma could rest in the magma deep below surface and no storm or rain will erode that deep, so - stalemate.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post May 10th, 2006 04:07 PM
wannabe is currently offline Click here to Send wannabe a Private Message Find more posts by wannabe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
illadelph
aka Rakim Illa

Hiding underground doesn't equate to a stalemate, it equates to a cowardice forfeit.

PSN: Illadelph12Prime, Haksaw_Jim_Thugn - Tumblr: Mighty-Illactus
>Z<

Old Post May 10th, 2006 04:24 PM
illadelph is currently offline Click here to Send illadelph a Private Message Find more posts by illadelph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

Since when can Magma hide in the earth? Her elemental power deal with fire of earth (magma and lava) she can cause tremors because she controls the magma below. With a combination of rain and arctic wind Storm can speed up the erosion process, not that that's an issue, Magma is immune to only fire, heat and solid projectiles (because they melt when they hit her heat aura), a lightning bolt could still fry her, not the heat it creates, but the electricity.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 05:11 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
stormfront13

storm helped teach magma...it's like emma frost VS one of gen-X. storm wins

Old Post May 10th, 2006 09:00 PM
stormfront13 is currently offline Click here to Send stormfront13 a Private Message Find more posts by stormfront13 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by stormfront13
storm helped teach magma...it's like emma frost VS one of gen-X. storm wins

What does teaching someone have anything to do with it? You're argument makes no sense....Magma is more powerful, but I believe Storm wins.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 09:46 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Wonder Man
Most Powerful Avenger

Magma is one with the earth like Storm is one with the elements.
I don't think she can be hurt by anything elemental like Storm can be hurt by fire.
Magma would fry her. Even if Storm could defend from the blasts with tornados eventually she would tire.
Magma can draw the power of the earth and generate her own bodys fires.
She's more on par with Magneto than a fight with Storm. She stood down Magus Warlocks Father on a totally forign planet.

Ion: Sub-Atomic Power

Old Post May 10th, 2006 09:53 PM
Wonder Man is currently offline Click here to Send Wonder Man a Private Message Find more posts by Wonder Man Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordKaos
LET KAOS REIGN!

First of all Magmas powers are dependent on her contact to the earth, Storm helped her with her powers, so Storm would know this and lift her off the ground with the help of the winds and decimate her with lightning, or a vortex of air that keeps her from breathing,or whatever.

Old Post May 10th, 2006 09:59 PM
LordKaos is currently offline Click here to Send LordKaos a Private Message Find more posts by LordKaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
wannabe
P10 commercial Mindguard

Originally posted by LordKaos
Since when can Magma hide in the earth?
Didn't you read the issue in which the X-Men tried to go against Elias Bogan? Magma enclosed some of them in rock to shield them against heat, pressure and asphyxiation, which she was immune against, and traveled with them through the earth and magma rivers below L.A....no problem for her. She is even able to "see" through the earth via vibrations and small tremors.

I think Storm and Magma are pretty equally empowered, one with control over the elements of the sky and one with control over the elements of the earth.
Both can hurt one another, but Storm is better able to evade Magma's attacks than Magma Storm's attacks. Storm will certainly win, unless Magma hides under the earth and causes massive and explosive eruptions all over the place to perhaps randomly hit Ororo.

THE CORPS IS MOTHER
THE CORPS IS FATHER

Old Post May 11th, 2006 01:05 PM
bitca360
Mutate #20

Storm...

Old Post May 11th, 2006 01:18 PM
bitca360 is currently offline Click here to Send bitca360 a Private Message Find more posts by bitca360 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Magma controls the very "blood" of the earth, if worst comes to worst then she could potentially kill them both by manipulating and destroying the earths core. Both of them aren't able to breath in space therefore they both die.

But if I had to choose one, it'd go like this:
Storm would hit to the skies, while Magma creates a fissure and buries underground protecting herself while she hides in the Earths Magma. Last time I checked, Storm can still be burnt. So all Magma needs to do is create massive eruptions everywhere, which would in turn heat the air, and eventually burn Storm.(Sure Storm can try and use her powers to keep the temperature down, but she'll eventually get hit by an erruption or by a gush of hot air. After that Storm falls to the ground and is encased in liquid Magma.(Probably the worst death for someone who is claustrophobic)

Storms weather powers won't be able to put out the Earths magma(At tops it'd dry the surface of the Magma), and won't be able to reach Alison/Amara who is using it as protection.
It's basically a fight between a person who is hidden within the Earth who is able to attack from anywhere around the Earths surface vs a person who is out in the open( in the skies) whose attacks cannot reach their target.

Last edited by ExodusCloak on May 11th, 2006 at 04:14 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2006 04:09 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

If Magma is hiding in the ground then she would be attacking blind. Storm flies at over 400mph and can flash freeze in seconds she would easily be able to avoid any attacks Magma makes whilst Magmas using the defensive strategy you mention.

Your strategy sounds extremely speculative. Have you seen Magma employ or demonstrate power enough and range enough to control the Earths core in its entirety? I certainly havent. As such thats not a viable strategy. It was ridiculous anyway as it resulted in both of their deaths lol.

Last edited by GalacticStorm on May 11th, 2006 at 04:25 PM

Old Post May 11th, 2006 04:18 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

While I think that Magma has the potential to being more powerful than Storm, I think that Storm's experience with her powers is the great equilizer for this fight. At least to me, it'd be a 5/10 draw for both.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 04:24 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
If Magma is hiding in the ground then she would be attacking blind. Storm flies at over 400mph and can flash freeze in seconds she would easily be able to avoid any attacks Magma makes while Magmas using the defensive strategy you mention.

Your strategy sounds extremely speculative. Have you seen Magma employ or demonstrate power enough and range enough to control the Earths core in its entirety? I certainly havent. As such thats not a viable strategy.

That's why I said potentially, if she went to the centre of the Earth and screwed around with it then she could certainly mess it up, or even make it unstable.

And all Magma needs to do is cause random erruptions everywhere, Storm will eventually get hit, sure it may take sometime, but Storm cannot keep it up forever.

Like I said before, there's no way Storms attacks are able to reach her. However Magma even though attacking at random, still has a chance to connect either in hot air, or as an explosion.

BTW GS Remember that Sersi/Vulcan thread where you wanted evidence, did you see the scans?

Old Post May 11th, 2006 04:26 PM
ExodusCloak is currently offline Click here to Send ExodusCloak a Private Message Find more posts by ExodusCloak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by batdude123
While I think that Magma has the potential to being more powerful than Storm, I think that Storm's experience with her powers is the great equilizer for this fight. At least to me, it'd be a 5/10 draw for both.

In terms of raw energy generatable, Storm is more powerful than Magma hands down. Magma isnt invulnerable to Storms pffensive, especially when you consider that Magma isnt going to start the battle underground. That would qualify as prep. As such soon as the battle commences Storm can either strike her down with lightning or sweep her off her feet with wind.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 04:28 PM
GalacticStorm is currently offline Click here to Send GalacticStorm a Private Message Find more posts by GalacticStorm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ExodusCloak

Originally posted by GalacticStorm
In terms of raw energy generatable, Storm is more powerful than Magma hands down. Magma isnt invulnerable to Storms pffensive, especially when you consider that Magma isnt going to start the battle underground. That would qualify as prep. As such soon as the battle commences Storm can either strike her down with lightning or sweep her off her feet with wind.

That would work both ways though, Storm and Magma would both be on the ground.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 04:29 PM
GalacticStorm
Smart Alec Know-It-All

Originally posted by ExodusCloak
That's why I said potentially, if she went to the centre of the Earth and screwed around with it then she could certainly mess it up, or even make it unstable.

Speculation. On top of that said strategy involves death for them both. Therefore it is not a win for Magma.

And all Magma needs to do is cause random erruptions everywhere, Storm will eventually get hit, sure it may take sometime, but Storm cannot keep it up forever.

Random undirected attacks can be easily avoided considering her flight speed and her atmospheric powers which she could use to protect herself by the time any projectiles reach her. Not a good strategy and not one thats solid enough to give Magma a majority. Far from it.

Like I said before, there's no way Storms attacks are able to reach her. However Magma even though attacking at random, still has a chance to connect either in hot air, or as an explosion.

Magma hasnt demonstrated range enough for you to convince anyone that she'll be able to hit Storm when Storms flying at over 400mph and can easily fight from the upper atmosphere if she desires. Please remember that Magma doesnt have prep time so she wont be starting off underground. Soon as the battle starts, one lightning bolt and its all over.

BTW GS Remember that Sersi/Vulcan thread where you wanted evidence, did you see the scans?

I cant remember what youre talking about. Honestly, i cant even remember participating in that thread lol.

Old Post May 11th, 2006 04:35 PM