KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Moon Knight VS Batman

Moon Knight VS Batman
Started by: Scarlet_Spidey

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Scarlet_Spidey
Artsy Fartsy

Moon Knight VS Batman

Copycat vs the real thing, or so thought by many. Tell me who you think is going to win.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 04:36 PM
Scarlet_Spidey is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet_Spidey a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet_Spidey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Moonknight is in no way a copycat miffed

He's similar to Batman, but that dosent mean he's a copycat

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 04:39 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scarlet_Spidey
Artsy Fartsy

I said 'or so thought by many'. But who d'you think is going to win ?

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 04:40 PM
Scarlet_Spidey is currently offline Click here to Send Scarlet_Spidey a Private Message Find more posts by Scarlet_Spidey Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

I really think Moonknight is a bit of a copycat. Rich masked guy who fights crime at night, has a butler, martial arts dude, lives in a mansion...

Batman is probably the better fighter, but Moonknight is a bit stronger. Can go either way, I think they are pretty equal.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 05:33 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

batman, donīt immitate...innovate

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 05:34 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Moon knight.

The man is similar to Batman yet still very different , Bat fans just can't take pastiches , look at Superman . He has a copy-cat in every company . Some even closer to Supes original origins then others.

Needless to say Moon knight wins . He may be as skilled as Batman but he could have Super strength.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 05:40 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kid Kurdy

I don't think his super strength will be the deciding factor (Moon Knight isn't that strong, unless he had an upgrade I don't know about), but yeah, I also think Batman wins.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 05:42 PM
Kid Kurdy is currently offline Click here to Send Kid Kurdy a Private Message Find more posts by Kid Kurdy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by who?-kid
I don't think his super strength will be the deciding factor (Moon Knight isn't that strong, unless he had an upgrade I don't know about), but yeah, I also think Batman wins.

At the correct Phase of the Moon he can lift Ten Ton's . Bane (The only character to physically cripple Bat's) is only a Two tonner at best .

Last edited by grey fox on Jun 26th, 2006 at 05:52 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 05:48 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Loot

when bane beat batman, batman wasnīt exactly on his best conditions.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 05:51 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by Loot
when bane beat batman, batman wasnīt exactly on his best conditions.

It doesn't matter how Exhausted Batman was , Bane is the only character to CRIPPLE the 'Batman' . Hell he's usually described as one of his 'Strongest foes' .

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 06:00 PM
Tassadar
Executor

Originally posted by grey fox
At the correct Phase of the Moon he can lift Ten Ton's . Bane (The only character to physically cripple Bat's) is only a Two tonner at best .

At the correct phase of the moon? Thats a bit vague. If its not that time of the month, what then?

92% of teens have moved onto rap. If you are part of the 8% that still listen to real music, copy and paste this into your signature

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 06:29 PM
Tassadar is currently offline Click here to Send Tassadar a Private Message Find more posts by Tassadar Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

Originally posted by grey fox
It doesn't matter how Exhausted Batman was , Bane is the only character to CRIPPLE the 'Batman' . Hell he's usually described as one of his 'Strongest foes' .
He didn't plain outright beat Batman either, Batman had been fighting for days on end without rest and could barely stand. Bane never wanted it with Bruce when he wasn't in such a sorry condition. He took off running or was put down promptly every time he was seen since that moment. Most notable, Bane fled the united states as a whole in No Man's Land rather than have to face Batman again.

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 06:34 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Juntai
Divine Vengeance

And phase of the moon was never stated. lol.

Got any feats of him doing 10tonner stuff?

I am God's mighty fist. I am God's strength made manifest.

Sig by: Skeets, S.S, thesilverspider, Sir SKEETS Alot

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 06:35 PM
Juntai is currently offline Click here to Send Juntai a Private Message Find more posts by Juntai Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Moon Knight hasn't had superstrength since the shitty WCA days. He's just a regular guy now. Not that it matters, because how often do we have full moons? Even during his enhanced strength days, he went out every night, regardless of any enhancements or not.

As described in his first appearance in Werewolf by Night #32.

"Soldier of fortune, mercenary, veteran of three African wars, five South American revolutions. Breif flirtation with the C.I.A., weapons expert, versatile practitioner of virtually all the martial arts, ex-prizefighter, marine commando for eight years prior to beating a lieutenant within an inch of his life...et cetera."

I'd say as for training, he's about par with Batman, although he's was quite a bit more ruthless in his younger days.

Really, I think this fight depends on your preference, and were it to be written, it would depend on the writer. I'd rather see Moon Knight win, and some may consider him a pastiche of Batman, but he's much, much closer to the Shadow--whom Batman was heavily influenced by himself.

And Moon Knight #3 comes out this week. Pick it up, from the previews I've seen, he beats the piss out of some guy with a sword cane. Seriously, how cool are sword canes? I want one.

Last edited by ScarletSpider on Jun 26th, 2006 at 06:43 PM

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 06:41 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by ScarletSpider
Moon Knight hasn't had superstrength since the shitty WCA days. He's just a regular guy now. Not that it matters, because how often do we have full moons? Even during his enhanced strength days, he went out every night, regardless of any enhancements or not.

As described in his first appearance in Werewolf by Night #32.

"Soldier of fortune, mercenary, veteran of three African wars, five South American revolutions. Breif flirtation with the C.I.A., weapons expert, versatile practitioner of virtually all the martial arts, ex-prizefighter, marine commando for eight years prior to beating a lieutenant within an inch of his life...et cetera."

I'd say as for training, he's about par with Batman, although he's was quite a bit more ruthless in his younger days.

Really, I think this fight depends on your preference, and were it to be written, it would depend on the writer. I'd rather see Moon Knight win, and some may consider him a pastiche of Batman, but he's much, much closer to the Shadow--whom Batman was heavily influenced by himself.

And Moon Knight #3 comes out this week. Pick it up, from the previews I've seen, he beats the piss out of some guy with a sword cane. Seriously, how cool are sword canes? I want one.

Sword canes rock , but they have to be the hooked canes , not the 'pimp' cane style.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 07:20 PM
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

Witness the hook.

(please log in to view the image)

Witness the facial stabbing.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 07:38 PM
ScarletSpider is currently offline Click here to Send ScarletSpider a Private Message Find more posts by ScarletSpider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Leason learned - If you need to pee use the washroom or Moon Knight will sword cane your ass.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 07:43 PM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Originally posted by srankmissingnin
Leason learned - If you need to pee use the washroom or Moon Knight will sword cane your ass.

thumb up

Would the batman do THAT I submit he would not .

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 08:00 PM
golem370

But isn't Superman a copy of the Greek God Apollo?

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 09:16 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
ScarletSpider
Ben Reilly

No. Phoebus Apollo of antiquity is the god of archery, healing and medicine and can also summon a death plague. He later replaced Helios in popular worship as god of the sun.

There is the Wildstorm character in the Authority called Apollo, who recieves power from solar radiation and has a superman type powerset. But he was created in the mid-late 90s I believe, whereas Superman was created in the 30s.

Old Post Jun 26th, 2006 11:08 PM