KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Deathstroke vs Quicksilver & Gambit

Deathstroke vs Quicksilver & Gambit
Started by: golem370

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
golem370

Deathstroke vs Quicksilver & Gambit

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 12:51 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brutacus

Current Gambit??

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 12:54 PM
Brutacus is currently offline Click here to Send Brutacus a Private Message Find more posts by Brutacus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

The classic one

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 01:03 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soleran
Fast As Time

Deathstroke KILLS THEM! Gambit is going to become a skull hanging from DS's staff and Quicksilver doesn't even have speed compared to DS's speedster opponents in DC.

Both of them Dead I tell you, DS 8/10

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 01:17 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilnutta12

you should of said horseman gambit thats more of a challenge

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 01:19 PM
lilnutta12 is currently offline Click here to Send lilnutta12 a Private Message Find more posts by lilnutta12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I am talking about kinetic energy Gambit

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 01:40 PM
Loot

how would deathstroke beat quicksilver?

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 01:46 PM
Loot is currently offline Click here to Send Loot a Private Message Find more posts by Loot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lilnutta12

simple by dropping a bomb and making the area blow sky high by that time deathdtroke has escaped the blast some strange how

or heals back from it

quicksilver wouldnt even see the bomb drop because he doesnt have the head to be looking around as he runs to fight slade tactically

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 02:15 PM
lilnutta12 is currently offline Click here to Send lilnutta12 a Private Message Find more posts by lilnutta12 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by lilnutta12
simple by dropping a bomb and making the area blow sky high by that time deathdtroke has escaped the blast some strange how

or heals back from it

quicksilver wouldnt even see the bomb drop because he doesnt have the head to be looking around as he runs to fight slade tactically

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Quicksilver's grown up a lot over the years. He's not so completely head-strong now. He's become much smarter with his powers. I think he can definitely give Slade some mad trouble.

I'm undecided at the moment though. So I'll get back to this one.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 02:24 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

I'll give it to Deathstroke here, 8/10.

As somebody said, Quicksilver cannot compare to some of the speedster's Deathstroke has encountered. And Gambit, well... Deathstroke chews him up and spits him out.

I mean, come on, guys. This is a guy who's taken out the JLA before.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 03:02 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

Originally posted by H. S. 6
I'll give it to Deathstroke here, 8/10.

As somebody said, Quicksilver cannot compare to some of the speedster's Deathstroke has encountered. And Gambit, well... Deathstroke chews him up and spits him out.

I mean, come on, guys. This is a guy who's taken out the JLA before.

...a JLA that jobbed.

And even though all speed force users are much faster than QS, it's not like they necessarily even went mach speeds when facing Slade. Flash doesn't always go at full speeds.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 03:07 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Originally posted by Accel
...a JLA that jobbed.

And even though all speed force users are much faster than QS, it's not like they necessarily even went mach speeds when facing Slade. Flash doesn't always go at full speeds.

Exactly. I knew Accel would jump in here. He understands and supports the speedsters as much I do. thumb up

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 03:16 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Just remembered something. Current Quicksilver? He can do this all by himself.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 03:16 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Accel
...a JLA that jobbed.

I'd bet they went at least as fast as Quicksilver.

Deathstroke has reflexes bordering on pre-cog. I fail to see what these two will do to him (especially Gambit).

Some scans:

Impulse (Kid Flash) stops for one second, and Deathstroke is able to hit him with a tranquilizer. (He then proceeds to shoot him in the kneecap with a shot gun).

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1042/tt20214qz.jpg

What if Quicksilver tried to speedblitz? Well, here's Kid Flash doing just that, but Deathstroke rolls with the punches, and is finally about to hit him. (And, as far as I know, Kid Flash is much faster than Quicksilver).

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/...atep02034iv.jpg

Deathstroke reacts at the speed of thought:

http://img234.imageshack.us/img234/...phoefeat3lp.jpg
http://img220.imageshack.us/img220/...nual03122pl.jpg

Deathstroke has said before that he sees things in slow motion. Here he explains it a bit.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1866/sladesee3ks.jpg

Of course, I'm assuming we're talking about the old Quicksilver (not the current one), so what has he been clocked at, speed-wise?

Last edited by H. S. 6 on Jul 6th, 2006 at 03:53 PM

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 03:40 PM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Remember that Quicksilver lifts 1,000 pounds. Hitting somebody at 700mph with a punch from somebody who lifts 1,000 pounds multiple times huh

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 03:51 PM
golem370

Also couldn't Gambit use something the size of a basketball and charges it and throws it at Deathstroke....

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 03:53 PM
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by golem370
Also couldn't Gambit use something the size of a basketball and charges it and throws it at Deathstroke....

Gambit wouldn't be able to hit him with it, though. Deathstroke's reflexes are much better than that.

Remember that Quicksilver lifts 1,000 pounds. Hitting somebody at 700mph with a punch from somebody who lifts 1,000 pounds multiple times huh

Don't forget that Deathstroke has superhuman strength, as well as durability. As well as an amazing healing factor.

Even if Quicksilver is able to land a solid blow (I'm not so sure he could), he would be able to heal from it.

(By the way, I'm not that big of a fan of Deathstroke, but I think this battle's overkill.)

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 04:00 PM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Quicksilver, even BEFORE SOM, goes FAR FASTER than that. He easily exceeds Mach 10 and never found his limit.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 04:01 PM
Accel

I'd bet they went at least as fast as Quicksilver.

"I'd bet," meaning speculation without any thing to confirm it.
Impulse (Kid Flash) stops for one second, and Deathstroke is able to hit him with a tranquilizer. (He then proceeds to shoot him in the kneecap with a shot gun).

http://img374.imageshack.us/img374/1042/tt20214qz.jpg

All right, that shows Slade can shoot someone standing still while hidden. Doesn't really show his speed, just his stealth and Bart's inability to dodge a tranquilizer.
What if Quicksilver tried to speedblitz? Well, here's Kid Flash doing just that, but Deathstroke rolls with the punches, and is finally about to hit him. (And, as far as I know, Kid Flash is much faster than Quicksilver).

http://img203.imageshack.us/img203/...atep02034iv.jpg

Kid Flash IS much faster than QS, but again, we don't know how fast he was even going in that scene. For all we know, he wasn't even going Mach speeds.
Deathstroke has said before that he sees things in slow motion. Here he explains it a bit.

http://img520.imageshack.us/img520/1866/sladesee3ks.jpg

...and Captain America has stated before that he sees bullets move in slow motion.
Of course, I'm assuming we're talking about the old Quicksilver (not the current one), so what has he been clocked at, speed-wise?

Current Quicksilver could probably take out Slade as soon as the fight as started. I've posted this theory several times of what he could do with his current powerset:

At the start of the fight, QS could time-jump a few days into the future, pick up a rock, walk over to where Slade was standing, and position the rock so that when he returns to the present, the rock goes into Slade's brain.

This is just a theory, however, and I doubt we'll actually see him do this.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 04:20 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Macabre
Grey King of the Debb

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Quicksilver, even BEFORE SOM, goes FAR FASTER than that. He easily exceeds Mach 10 and never found his limit.

That's not true, is it? I thought Whirlwand was faster then him...And Whirlwind can't go Mach 10.

The only thing thats with you your whole life is complete and utter darkness.

Old Post Jul 6th, 2006 04:25 PM
Darth Macabre is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Macabre a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Macabre Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote