KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Namor Vs Thing: The final debate

Who takes it ?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Namor 23 76.67%
Thing 4 13.33%
Can't decide 2 6.67%
They take each other out 1 3.33%
Total: 30 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Namor Vs Thing: The final debate
Started by: S.G

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

Namor Vs Thing: The final debate

Let's see how this turns out.

They bath have one day of prep, but this isn't any ordenery prep time. They are not allowed to prepare objects or help. They both spend the first half of the day training working out and preparing for they're coming fight with super-human instructors. They don't know who they are facing.

Namor is in his classic costume.

The fight takes place in New York city but a smaller version where its 60 miles either way. And there's all the Major structores there all they're correct sizes etc.

These include:

Twin Towers [ R.I.P victims of 9/11]
Statue of Librety [ the island is attached to NYC at the very end]
Empire State Building
Central Park
And any others I haven't mentioned.

There is no ring out or whatever it is, the sea contines until it gets right back to the other site of NYC.

They are not allowed to use objects like guns or Reeds or Tonys or anyones equipment. They do not excist in this city. It is an empty NYC that has been abandoned so the cars are just left lieing around.

Grim8888 [ is that what Capt it up was called] please don't come in here and be a fanboy as always please.

Namor Vs Thing cool

Thanks Jugg6666 for the sig
http://www.lililicious.net/

Last edited by S.G on Sep 10th, 2006 at 12:12 PM

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 12:07 PM
S.G is currently offline Click here to Send S.G a Private Message Find more posts by S.G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Namor wins the majority.

He lifts Statue of Liberty and throws it on Ben for the fastest way...

Or just beats him h2h in the slowest way. He still has strength, speed etc. advantage over Thing.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 12:49 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Estacado
Legendary

No clobbering time for thing this time no

Bankai.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 12:52 PM
Estacado is currently offline Click here to Send Estacado a Private Message Find more posts by Estacado Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

Thing gets slaughted !!

*waits for Grim to come*

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 01:11 PM
S.G is currently offline Click here to Send S.G a Private Message Find more posts by S.G Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

I love it how people always say "the Final Debate" or "let's settle this once and for all" like it actually will settle something and there won't be yet another Namor vs. Thing thread in a month or so. stick out tongue

That said, Namor wins.

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 01:22 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Lucid Lui
I love it how people always say "the Final Debate" or "let's settle this once and for all" like it actually will settle something and there won't be yet another Namor vs. Thing thread in a month or so. stick out tongue

That said, Namor wins.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 01:28 PM
Lucid Lui
Air Laki Laki

Yeah, that's a cool issue. big grin

[SPOILER - highlight to read]: Verily.
| www.lucidlui.com | Aquaman Respect Thread |

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 01:42 PM
Lucid Lui is currently offline Click here to Send Lucid Lui a Private Message Find more posts by Lucid Lui Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Lucid Lui
Yeah, that's a cool issue. big grin

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 02:03 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

Namor is quickly becoming over rated around here

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 02:11 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

In the water thing gets his @ss handed to him. On the land it's a tie or Thing with a very slight advantage due to his strength and fighting advantages.

"I am not afraid of the dark the dark's afraid of me"

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 02:16 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Originally posted by snoopdogg
In the water thing gets his @ss handed to him. On the land it's a tie or Thing with a very slight advantage due to his strength and fighting advantages.
Thing isn't stronger, neither he is better fighter.

Originally posted by Scoobless
Namor is quickly becoming over rated around here

How so?

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 02:21 PM
DarkCrawler is currently offline Click here to Send DarkCrawler a Private Message Find more posts by DarkCrawler Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
S.G
Restricted

Account Restricted

And D.C steps up to the plate.

And I am starting to agree with Scoobs a bit.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 02:30 PM
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

Yeah, maybe few misguided people take it too far.

I think majority of the board is still not overrating him.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 02:39 PM
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Namor wins this 6-7/10

Ben still gives Namor some "lovetaps" to remember him by though yes

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 05:22 PM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Strength advantages? The way I've always seen Marvel strength tiers is Thor/Hulk at the top, Namor/Wonder Man in the middle, and Colossus/Thing at the bottom.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 05:39 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Validus
Strength advantages? The way I've always seen Marvel strength tiers is Thor/Hulk at the top, Namor/Wonder Man in the middle, and Colossus/Thing at the bottom.
I am just comparing the incident in which Thing pulled Namor out of water in a direct comparison of strength. Thing has some nice lifing feats also on land. If anything they are very equal in strength.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 05:47 PM
snoopdogg is currently offline Click here to Send snoopdogg a Private Message Find more posts by snoopdogg Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Namor 6/10. Thing puts up an amazing fight though.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 05:57 PM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

I am just comparing the incident in which Thing pulled Namor out of water in a direct comparison of strength. Thing has some nice lifing feats also on land. If anything they are very equal in strength.

Like what? Direct showings against top tier bruisers have Namor as a near enough equal while Thing is always treated like a whipping boy.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 05:58 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
DarkCrawler
KABOOOOM!!

I am just comparing the incident in which Thing pulled Namor out of water in a direct comparison of strength.

You are basing this entire fight to one incident, when there are HUNDREDS of others that clear it out? Namor has broken stronger grips. Hulk's. War Machine's. Thor's. Master Man's. The issue was when Fantastic Four was new, and they needed to promote their characters. Stan Lee can make mistakes. Namor is not his creation.

Even if he intended Thing to be stronger then Namor, (which he didn't, as Namor beat Thing more times then not after that, under Stan's pen and Stan Lee wrote some of the best Namor feats after that - like his all wins over Hulk) other writers have certainly changed that since then.

Namor's strength feat's are better then Things. He has better fighting record against other top tiers. He has already one-shotted Thing at least three times.

Namor is stronger then Thing.

One incident does not wipe out the majority.

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 06:01 PM
snoopdogg
Big Pimpin

Originally posted by Validus
Like what? Direct showings against top tier bruisers have Namor as a near enough equal while Thing is always treated like a whipping boy.
I said direct showings in strength. Not fights cause there is a differrence. Namor is alot faster than those guys that's why he holds his own against top tiers. Thing does it with skill.

http://i83.photobucket.com/albums/j...andNamorFF9.jpg

Old Post Sep 10th, 2006 06:03 PM