KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Is Superman above the top tier?

Is Superman above the top tier?
Started by: UniOmni

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Barf Is Superman above the top tier?

Really?

I mean, chances are hes beaten or stalemated your favorite character from DC, so long as its another hero.

His average from 99 to present has been pretty high, due to cockstroke, i mean Jeph Loeb writing.

He's been shown as probably the most competent hero in DC, next to Batman, Robin and the other Batbooks(Nightwing not included).

Do you think he's above the top tier?

Even if you don't feel its true, could you see how some might come to that conclusion?

All mainstream companies are game.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:06 PM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Superman has, and always will have that all mighty plot device behind him. Is it really even possible for him to loose?

In DC I really dont see anyone under Spectre being able to beat Supes lol

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:10 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

Thank God for Alex Ross

I like the way he views the DC Universe

No Hero is greater then the other... kinda...

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:16 PM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Superman when all said and done is DC's earths Super Hero where Marvel has teams like Avengers Defenders X-Men Alpha Flight and others

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:18 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
PRAYERRUN

Yeah I kinda noticed that lol.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 03:49 PM
PRAYERRUN is currently offline Click here to Send PRAYERRUN a Private Message Find more posts by PRAYERRUN Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
MattDay

superman is the superheroes hero, he fights to save people as well as other heroes, and to answer the question, he sort of dips between top tier to higher levels, when the moment strikes anyway, then he comes back down to top tier... that's about it

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:17 PM
MattDay is currently offline Click here to Send MattDay a Private Message Find more posts by MattDay Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rorschach

In a couple of years Superman will surpass God. smile

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:25 PM
Rorschach is currently offline Click here to Send Rorschach a Private Message Find more posts by Rorschach Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kallark-Kent
Symbiote

no expression at the graph.

With Great Power Comes Great Responsibility
Arcade Mountain: The Best Arcade About

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:26 PM
Kallark-Kent is currently offline Click here to Send Kallark-Kent a Private Message Find more posts by Kallark-Kent Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Citizen V.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Sub_Mariner
no expression at the graph.

Its a graph, when are they ever wrong? smile Very good.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 04:50 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

Originally posted by I watch Pokemon

so true this is dc logic

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 05:41 PM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Re: Is Superman above the top tier?

Originally posted by UniOmni
Do you think he's above the top tier?

No.

Originally posted by UniOmni
Even if you don't feel its true, could you see how some might come to that conclusion?

Sure, doesn't make them right but sure. Every top tier has above top tier feats. That's part of what it means to be top tier. They're the best of the best and in certain situations can do what nobody else can.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 06:18 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by I watch Pokemon

laughing

Too true.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 06:39 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

I think that we too often ignore the (very) occasional bad showings he has. Captain Marvel has equaled him, Hal has beaten him. Plenty of team-wreckers show up and Supes can't just plot-device his way through it (Darkseid being an unfortunate exception).

The jobber aura remains, but I think the embellishment-loving culture we have here on KMC has allowed us to aim a bit too much criticism at DC for their portrayal of Kal. He's supposed to be an unequaled brawler....so occasionally it's just him being written to form, though I won't deny that the shoddy writing and PIS still exist far too much.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 06:50 PM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Originally posted by MattDay
superman is the superheroes hero, he fights to save people as well as other heroes, and to answer the question, he sort of dips between top tier to higher levels, when the moment strikes anyway, then he comes back down to top tier... that's about it

-Heres God-
-Heres Supes-

-Heres where the rest of DC continuity starts- roll eyes (sarcastic)

Supes is all DC earth really has, IMO this is why he will never be truly beaten..... which is crap!

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 06:56 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Milkie

Captain Marvel should beat Superman everytime... no expression

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 06:56 PM
Milkie is currently offline Click here to Send Milkie a Private Message Find more posts by Milkie Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by DigiMark007
I think that we too often ignore the (very) occasional bad showings he has. Captain Marvel has equaled him, Hal has beaten him. Plenty of team-wreckers show up and Supes can't just plot-device his way through it (Darkseid being an unfortunate exception).

Too true. Listen to guys here and Superman has never had a bad day in life or if he has, theres a million excuses for it.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 07:02 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Milkie

And twice on sundays.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 07:09 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Validus
Too true. Listen to guys here and Superman has never had a bad day in life or if he has, theres a million excuses for it.

The primary one being the fact that since the characters are fighting to the best of their abilities, that means that NO low showings count.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 07:10 PM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
lando005

i just hered the guy immune to friggin kryptonite magic and red solar energy and now has telepathic powers as if he could get any crappier

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 07:42 PM
lando005 is currently offline Click here to Send lando005 a Private Message Find more posts by lando005 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
batdude123
Life Has No Meaning

Originally posted by Milkie

laughing

Nah.

Old Post Oct 23rd, 2006 08:59 PM
batdude123 is currently offline Click here to Send batdude123 a Private Message Find more posts by batdude123 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote