KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Loki vs Dr Doom

Loki vs Dr Doom
Started by: bigbran

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
One Big Mob
Dead

Shocked Loki vs Dr Doom

Not sure if this has been done before.
No prep.
They fight in New York.

Who wins?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:31 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

No prep? Loki wins. Loki's powerful... but Loki's magic has been able to amp Surfer to incredible levels before...

I'd put Loki > Dr. Strange...
and Dr. STrange > Dr. Doom.

if you gave them prep.. doom wins though. not very many beat doom in the prep game.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:35 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Doom 7/10

Doom's smarter and a winner, he'll find a way to prevail.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:36 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by rotiart
No prep? Loki wins. Loki's powerful... but Loki's magic has been able to amp Surfer to incredible levels before...
How do you figure incredible levels?

I'd put Loki > Dr. Strange...
and Dr. STrange > Dr. Doom.
I always thought that as well.

if you gave them prep.. doom wins though. not very many beat doom in the prep game.
Loki is still resourceful half god.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:37 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Grimm22
King of the Castle

Loki 6-7/10 without prep wink

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:41 AM
Grimm22 is currently offline Click here to Send Grimm22 a Private Message Find more posts by Grimm22 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by bigbran
How do you figure incredible levels?

I always thought that as well.

Loki is still resourceful half god.

Surfer was beating up pretty much all the asgardians by himself... he even commented on how powerful he had become...

*edit* it was back in the first volume of surfer comics i believe... like issue 4 or something. I was reading it a few weeks ago.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:44 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Surfer was beating up pretty much all the asgardians by himself... he even commented on how powerful he had become...

*edit* it was back in the first volume of surfer comics i believe... like issue 4 or something. I was reading it a few weeks ago.
I know, I read it, and I'm like, hey, those bastards lied to me.
Surfer beat Thor's ass in that comic.
Still, I don't know exactly how powerful he had become.
Originally posted by Grimm22
Loki 6-7/10 without prep wink
Prep is one of the biggest plot devices in this forum... but if needed, both combatants get a half day of prep.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:50 AM
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Threadmaker said no prep. but since you had to go and say it...

half a day's prep... knowing who your enemy is a god? Doom breaks into Tony STarks vault... steals the Thorbuster... strips down the uru metal... to add it to his suit to protect himself against asgardian magic... that was during his first 8 hours of prep... for his next 4 he can spend it casting defensive spells... increasing his shields integrity...

Dr. Doom wins. big grin

Loki spent the half day trying to figure out ways to defeat thor... and forgets he's supposed to fight doom... he walks in unprepared! big grin

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:57 AM
Starscream M

Originally posted by bigbran
I know, I read it, and I'm like, hey, those bastards lied to me.
Surfer beat Thor's ass in that comic.
Still, I don't know exactly how powerful he had become. Prep is one of the biggest plot devices in this forum... but if needed, both combatants get a half day of prep.

For certain characters, prep is not a plot device, rather IT IS their power. Doom is Doom because he is so intelligent and always plans for every possible occurrence. Taking away Doom's prep skills is akin to saying Wolerine without ability to heal, or Thor without Mjolnir, or Hulk without ability to get stronger. You would be removing an essential part of what makes the character who he is.

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:57 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Prep is retarded as far as a forum battle goes.

Loki kills Doom.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 04:58 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by masterbruce
For certain characters, prep is not a plot device, rather IT IS their power. Doom is Doom because he is so intelligent and always plans for every possible occurrence. Taking away Doom's prep skills is akin to saying Wolerine without ability to heal, or Thor without Mjolnir, or Hulk without ability to get stronger. You would be removing an essential part of what makes the character who he is.
I agree with this... to an extent.
You see Doom is an extremely powerful character without prep.
Hell he even came in second next to Strange in a magic compitition.
He has that electricity thing going for him, and he has the ability to change bodies. He has extreme duribility, he even took Thanos blasting him with the power gem, and only had his clothes ripped off.
Doom's prep isn't exactly his power, but an addition to his already great power.
This is why I thought it would be a good fight without prep, too bad others didn't agree with me.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 05:02 AM
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Does anyone remember Acts Of Vengence?
Loki used every villian for his own schemes.
In the end he punked all the major villians by himself.
Easily.
Doom was smart enough not to be anywhere near Loki.

The only way Doom could beat Loki is with A LOT of prep
and a totally unsuspecting Loki. The only reason why Thor can
take Loki is because of Mjolnir. NO ONE on Earth can fight and
beat Loki one-on-one. Too powerful and too intelligent.

(please log in to view the image)

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 06:00 AM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Zahit
Does anyone remember Acts Of Vengence?
Loki used every villian for his own schemes.
In the end he punked all the major villians by himself.
Easily.
Doom was smart enough not to be anywhere near Loki.

The only way Doom could beat Loki is with A LOT of prep
and a totally unsuspecting Loki. The only reason why Thor can
take Loki is because of Mjolnir. NO ONE on Earth can fight and
beat Loki one-on-one. Too powerful and too intelligent.

Ya, I just read the one where Surfer fights Thor.
Loki was able to fight with Surfer until Surfer started to try a little.
He was able to posess Balder, a random guy, and give powers to Surfer.

I change it to Doom gets a half day of prep. Loki gets 2 minutes to find out that he is about to fight.
P.S. your pic isn't working.

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 06:22 AM
Zahit
ON A MISSION FROM GOD

Loki's magic is extremely powerful and even greater than Dr. Strange.
Plus superhuman Asgardian physiology.
Like I said....NO ONE on Earth has beaten Loki one-on-one.
Thor can do it ONLY cause of Mjolnir.

respect...

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 06:34 AM
Zahit is currently offline Click here to Send Zahit a Private Message Find more posts by Zahit Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Plus superhuman Asgardian physiology.
Like I said....NO ONE on Earth has beaten Loki one-on-one.
Thor can do it ONLY cause of Mjolnir.

respect...

Oh ya, I asked this in the comic questions thread:
How powerful is Loki's sword? Is it made of Uru?

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 06:36 AM
Evolve
KMC Herald

respect...

(please log in to view the image) [/B]

Earth Dimension SorcerorSupreme > Loki

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 07:19 AM
Evolve is currently offline Click here to Send Evolve a Private Message Find more posts by Evolve Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

in pure magic... loki is a god after all...

but when it comes ot prep... big grin

the guy robbed from galactus from pete's sake!

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 07:59 AM
thedude1948

no

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 08:00 AM
thedude1948 is currently offline Click here to Send thedude1948 a Private Message Find more posts by thedude1948 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

Threadmaker said no prep. but since you had to go and say it...

half a day's prep... knowing who your enemy is a god? Doom breaks into Tony STarks vault... steals the Thorbuster... strips down the uru metal... to add it to his suit to protect himself against asgardian magic... that was during his first 8 hours of prep... for his next 4 he can spend it casting defensive spells... increasing his shields integrity...

Dr. Doom wins. big grin

Loki spent the half day trying to figure out ways to defeat thor... and forgets he's supposed to fight doom... he walks in unprepared! big grin

HAHAHAHA! best awnser. Happy Dance

Loki win by the way .

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 01:57 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
complexbrother
The protector of logic

Originally posted by thedude1948
no

yes

Old Post Nov 9th, 2006 01:58 PM
complexbrother is currently offline Click here to Send complexbrother a Private Message Find more posts by complexbrother Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote