KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Dr Strange vs the GLs/Supermen/Flashes

Dr Strange vs the GLs/Supermen/Flashes
Started by: xmarksthespot

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Dr Strange vs the GLs/Supermen/Flashes

I'm curious just how powerful people consider Dr Strange.

Dr Strange with 5 minutes prep time before the fight -- for defensive actions.

vs

GLs
Alan Scott
Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
Guy Gardner
John Stewart
Kilowog

Supermen
Superman
Captain Marvel
Black Adam

Flashes
Jay Garrick
Barry Allen
Wally West
Bart Allen

Standard rules apply. The fight begins instantaneously at the end of the 5 minutes.

Discuss.

Last edited by xmarksthespot on Dec 22nd, 2006 at 05:43 AM

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:39 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

Is Dr. Strange fighting each person in each category individually?

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:47 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Strange stops time and turns them into tables.

Not necessarily because I believe Strange would win....

Just because I like the visual depiction of Lanterns, Superman, and Flashes as tables.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:49 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Soljer
Strange stops time and turns them into tables.

Not necessarily because I believe Strange would win....

Just because I like the visual depiction of Lanterns, Superman, and Flashes as tables.
It would be interesting to see, one wonders if as tables whether they would retain their colouring and logos.

I like Strange, and he is indeed very powerful, but I'm just wondering exactly how powerful people consider him.

If with no prep whatsoever he can prevent a speedblitz and stop time, and his control of time is insurmountable... this is basically an extrapolation. erm

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:53 AM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
It would be interesting to see, one wonders if as tables whether they would retain their colouring and logos.

I like Strange, and he is indeed very powerful, but I'm just wondering exactly how powerful people consider him.

If with no prep whatsoever he can prevent a speedblitz and stop time, and his control of time is insurmountable... this is basically an extrapolation. erm

Indeed, a lightning bolt emblazoned table, an S-shield table, a table with massive ti....oh, wait, Wonder Woman isn't in this fight. erm.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:58 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Hmm as an S-shield table, do you think he'd still be immune to the OE?

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 06:00 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Hmm as an S-shield table, do you think he'd still be immune to the OE?

Doctor Strange could start passing out the tables to some of the more downplayed characters.

Just by owning an S-Shield table, J'onn may very well yet live up to his true potential.

And for added effect, the image of the Manhunter charging into battle wielding a Superman table is also quite humorous.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 06:02 AM
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

His time manipulation is pretty high though.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 06:44 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Evangel94
Premium Member

He's around Herald level with no prep.

With prep he's a monster. With his prepartaion of all his artifacts in his mystic sanctum, he was able to stalemate Thanos with the Inifinity Gauntlet for a short amount of time.

He isn't invincible though. Because he has to call on entities to give him power, he doesn't have much personal reserves of his own. Sorcerors like Loki, who have their own personal power reserves, can and have overwhelmed Dr. Strange.

Also people are hyping up his time manipulation. erm It's not like he does it on a daily basis or everytime he fights someone. Averages count for something people.

Forever Young...

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 06:54 AM
Evangel94 is currently offline Click here to Send Evangel94 a Private Message Find more posts by Evangel94 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

quote:
Also people are hyping up his time manipulation. It's not like he does it on a daily basis or everytime he fights someone. Averages count for something people.

he doesnt just have an affect on time in his immediate vicinity, but he can affect time on a global scale- and i doubt that is even his limit, as he's ripped the fabric of a dimension apart before.

With prep, Strange is pretty much unstoppable. He'd either go back in time and kill them before their births, or assume the power of Eternity as he's done before, making him an abstract being.

Either way he wins.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 09:42 AM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Evangel94
He's around Herald level with no prep.

With prep he's a monster. With his prepartaion of all his artifacts in his mystic sanctum, he was able to stalemate Thanos with the Inifinity Gauntlet for a short amount of time.

He isn't invincible though. Because he has to call on entities to give him power, he doesn't have much personal reserves of his own. Sorcerors like Loki, who have their own personal power reserves, can and have overwhelmed Dr. Strange.

Also people are hyping up his time manipulation. erm It's not like he does it on a daily basis or everytime he fights someone. Averages count for something people.

So do potentials, he has the potential to affect time on a global scale, instantaneously, and to have meticulous control over it. He explained that he doesn't LIKE to **** with time, hence he rarely does it. However, go check the last page or two of the Strange respect threads, and see just a few of his time manipulation feats. And don't worry - he has plenty more.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:16 PM
Galan007
|Quantum Observer|

Re: Dr Strange vs the GLs/Supermen/Flashes

I'm curious just how powerful people consider Dr Strange.

Dr Strange with 5 minutes prep time before the fight -- for defensive actions.

vs

GLs
Alan Scott
Hal Jordan
Kyle Rayner
Guy Gardner
John Stewart
Kilowog

Supermen
Superman
Captain Marvel
Black Adam

Flashes
Jay Garrick
Barry Allen
Wally West
Bart Allen

Standard rules apply. The fight begins instantaneously at the end of the 5 minutes.

Discuss.
The team would annihilate Strange.

"I am tired of Earth. These people.
I am tired of being caught in the tangle of their lives."

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 05:20 PM
Galan007 is currently offline Click here to Send Galan007 a Private Message Find more posts by Galan007 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Originally posted by Madvillain
he doesnt just have an affect on time in his immediate vicinity, but he can affect time on a global scale- and i doubt that is even his limit, as he's ripped the fabric of a dimension apart before.

With prep, Strange is pretty much unstoppable. He'd either go back in time and kill them before their births, or assume the power of Eternity as he's done before, making him an abstract being.

Either way he wins.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 09:55 PM
Madvillain is currently offline Click here to Send Madvillain a Private Message Find more posts by Madvillain Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Well I guess X just found out exactly how overrated Strange is.

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 10:14 PM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kurash
High Warlord

Re: Re: Dr Strange vs the GLs/Supermen/Flashes

Originally posted by Galan007
The team would annihilate Strange.

i 2nd that

Old Post Dec 22nd, 2006 10:15 PM
Kurash is currently offline Click here to Send Kurash a Private Message Find more posts by Kurash Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
H. S. 6
Approaching the End

Originally posted by Validus

Why is he being overrated?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:37 AM
H. S. 6 is currently offline Click here to Send H. S. 6 a Private Message Find more posts by H. S. 6 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Madvillain

Originally posted by H. S. 6
Why is he being overrated?

i hardly think someone that can assume the role of Eternity can be described as overrated.

he pwns this team with prep. easily.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:40 AM
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

To clarify (even though it's generally assumed anyway, and I specifically stated it) prep can only be used to perform defensive actions. Time travelling is not a defensive action.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 02:57 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Validus

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 03:01 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
UniOmni
Outrageously Dickish

Strange is being overrated here.

With prep though, its basically going to come down to what trinkets and such can he grab within five minutes.

Strange & The Doctors From the Authority with five minutes of prep, would own that lineup.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 03:05 AM
UniOmni is currently offline Click here to Send UniOmni a Private Message Find more posts by UniOmni Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote