KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Hulk Vs Apocalypse

Hulk Vs Apocalypse
Started by: Emperor Ashtar

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (8): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Hulk Vs Apocalypse

Who wins?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 09:43 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Alot of people will say Hulk, but Apoc has restrained an enraged Hulk before. and unlike the Hulk, Apoc's body does not produce fatigue toxins, so he won't get tired. Not to mention no one has addressed the idea of Apoc absorbing gamma radiation. It enrages me to think of the insane number of PIS and CIS losses that Apoc has been the victim of. Apocalypse manhandles teams and is just below Herald class in terms of power. He's conceivably capable of beating a herald with strategy. SO WHY DO PEOPLE THINK HE WOULD LOSE TO A TABLE THROWN BY NAMOR?! Besides, didn't Apoc turn Hulk into War Hulk? That proves he can beat him.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 10:26 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rewmac
{--Classic Member--}

Oooorrrhhhhmmmm....Wrong forum?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 11:13 AM
Rewmac is currently offline Click here to Send Rewmac a Private Message Find more posts by Rewmac Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

Apocalypse

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 12:05 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

How did their fight go? Or did they have one?

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 01:11 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Xplosive
Restricted

Account Restricted

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Howard_Jones
How did their fight go? Or did they have one?

Enraged Hulk attacked him, Apocalypse stopped him, held him, lift him on his back with his strings and choked him. Hulk couldn't move and Apocalypse let him go and said that is better that Hulk doesn't repeat that, because he wouldn't t tolerate him anymore.
After that he turned him into War.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 01:59 PM
Xplosive is currently offline Click here to Send Xplosive a Private Message Find more posts by Xplosive Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Hmm. Smart on Apoc's part. Yeah, he'd take this handily then.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 02:05 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Darth Martin

Originally posted by Rewmac
Oooorrrhhhhmmmm....Wrong forum?
About to be moved.

Old Post Dec 23rd, 2006 03:09 PM
Darth Martin is currently offline Click here to Send Darth Martin a Private Message Find more posts by Darth Martin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

But, how would apoc restrain the hulk? That would just make him,angry.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 02:56 AM
Classic NES is currently offline Click here to Send Classic NES a Private Message Find more posts by Classic NES Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

See Ashtar, the thing you're not seeing is, Apoc doesn't care if the Hulk is angry. He's just that strong. Even Savage Hulk couldn't beat Apoc. Apocalypse is stronger than the Hulk.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 03:02 AM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Classic NES
Balloooooooooooooon

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
See Ashtar, the thing you're not seeing is, Apoc doesn't care if the Hulk is angry. He's just that strong. Even Savage Hulk couldn't beat Apoc. Apocalypse is stronger than the Hulk.
Hulks has some pretty crazy strength feats, But if apoc is that strong then damn.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 03:18 AM
Hancock1

Alot of people will say Hulk, but Apoc has restrained an enraged Hulk before. and unlike the Hulk, Apoc's body does not produce fatigue toxins, so he won't get tired. Not to mention no one has addressed the idea of Apoc absorbing gamma radiation. It enrages me to think of the insane number of PIS and CIS losses that Apoc has been the victim of. Apocalypse manhandles teams and is just below Herald class in terms of power. He's conceivably capable of beating a herald with strategy. SO WHY DO PEOPLE THINK HE WOULD LOSE TO A TABLE THROWN BY NAMOR?! Besides, didn't Apoc turn Hulk into War Hulk? That proves he can beat him.

Does the Hulks body produce fatigue toxins? I thought it didn't.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 03:22 AM
Hancock1 is currently offline Click here to Send Hancock1 a Private Message Find more posts by Hancock1 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

Originally posted by Mrrungo Mu
Does the Hulks body produce fatigue toxins? I thought it didn't.

His healing factor SLOWS the production of lactic acid and the like, but it doesn't completely ELIMINATE them.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 03:24 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

From the marvel database on En Sabah Nur, Superhuman Stamina: Apocalypse's body produces practically no fatigue toxins during physical activity. Apocalypse can exert himself at peak capacity almost indefinitely

Same source, Hulk, Superhuman Stamina: The Hulk's body counteracts fatique poisons that build up in his muscles during physical activity. In an enraged state, the Hulk is capable of exerting himself at peak capacity for several days before fatigue begins to affect him. However, much like his physical strength, the Hulk's stamina does increase as he becomes angrier.

Now, this says that although Hulk's strength can increase, eventually even the Hulk will suffer fatigue.

And..... Bio-Molecular Armored Body (Celestial Tech Augmentation): Apocalypse can alter the molecular structure of his body at will. Using this he could alter his appearance or the size of his body by taking on additional mass from a presumably extra dimensional source. Through this ability to alter his form, Apocalypse can give himself virtually any superhuman physical power, as he can transform his arms and fists into various melee weapons.

Superhuman Strength (Celestial Tech Augmentation): Apocalypse possesses superhuman strength, the limits of which aren't known. Apocalypse has shown to be strong enough to physically restrain the Hulk while the Hulk is in an enraged state. Hence, Apocalypse is capable of lifting well in excess of 100 tons.

http://www.marveldatabase.com/Apoca...En_Sabah_Nur%29

And that should be the last word on these arguements for Apoc being physically weak.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 03:48 AM
jgiant
Subject is Lethal

I read in the big hulk book that his stamnia is in relation to his anger, as long as he is angry he does not tire.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 03:52 AM
jgiant is currently offline Click here to Send jgiant a Private Message Find more posts by jgiant Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

We require some proof on this, because a number of sources indicate that, at least endurance-wise, the Hulk does have limits. He has been shown to get tired and fatigued, albeit after enormous exertion. Apocalypse does not produce fatigue toxins, and has virtually unlimited stamina. Obviously in a pure strength and H2H fight, it would probably go for a few days if they were set to equal levels. But eventually Apoc would win because his muscles don't get fatigued. That's not counting his psi and energy absorbtion powers. Or his higher physical strength. Or his higher intelligence.

Face it, Hulk's screwed. If Apoc made you a horseman, it means he owned your ass at some point. Being a horseman means you are Apocalypse's *****. stick out tongue

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 04:29 AM
Lord S
King

Well it's clear that you love Apocalypse, but let the truth be told: he sucks.

Regarding the 'fight' between Hulk and Apocalypse (in Hulk #456), there are a couple of important points that have to be made:

1. Hulk was not his normal self. Note that a few issues before #456, he collapsed in the Savage Land. I read something about having power fluctuations and shrapnel in his brain, which would explain why he was rather easily subdued by Apoc, as under normal conditions, it wouldn't have been that simple.

2. Hulk was not forced to become a Horseman. Apoc was talking down at him all throughout the issue, for sure, but Hulk stood there and listened to what he had to say, not even making any attempt to escape. He willingly became War.

quote:
Face it, Hulk's screwed. If Apoc made you a horseman, it means he owned your ass at some point. Being a horseman means you are Apocalypse's *****
Well something tells me you didn't even read the issue, so your opinion is totally invalid.

With all of that in mind, under normal conditions Hulk mops the floor with Apocalypse. If Hulk doesn't feel like fighting, then they're even money, at best.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 04:37 AM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

I admit I'm an apoc fan. But I'm not wanking him. You're just buying into the hype that he sucks and the shitty writing he's had. He's been one of the greatest victims of PIS&CIS in a long time. Even if, in the unlikely event that Hulk is stronger than Apoc, Apoc still has psionics and energy absorbtion. What's stopping him from tapping that gamma powered strength? Or mind-raping Hulk?

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 04:51 AM
Lord S
King

I admit I'm an apoc fan. But I'm not wanking him. You're just buying into the hype that he sucks and the shitty writing he's had. He's been one of the greatest victims of PIS&CIS in a long time. Even if, in the unlikely event that Hulk is stronger than Apoc, Apoc still has psionics and energy absorbtion. What's stopping him from tapping that gamma powered strength? Or mind-raping Hulk?
It's not hype, he DOES suck...and you can't keep using the excuse of 'shitty writing', PIS, CIS...that's the way the character has been written, and that's the way he should be judged.

I know you'd like to see that changed...well I would too, but there's nothing we can do about it short of sending emails over to Marvel and asking them to fix him up.

I will say that I do agree that he's been very poorly handled...I had high hopes for that 'Blood of Apocalypse' story, earlier this year...but was thoroughly let-down. It seems to me that Marvel has no idea what type of villain they want Apocalypse to be, which is why he's almost always humiliated for the sake of pushing others.

I think maybe they need to get him out of the X-verse and develop him into more of a Marvel-wide villain...there is potential there.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 05:13 AM
Lord S is currently offline Click here to Send Lord S a Private Message Find more posts by Lord S Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

Alot of people will say Hulk, but Apoc has restrained an enraged Hulk before.

You do realise that that was non-canon.

Old Post Dec 24th, 2006 09:07 AM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote