KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Surtur w/Casket of Ancient Winters vs Tyrant

Surtur w/Casket of Ancient Winters vs Tyrant
Started by: guy222

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
guy222
With my gal

Surtur w/Casket of Ancient Winters vs Tyrant

Does Surtur win

Old Post Dec 28th, 2006 09:54 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Surtur w/Casket of Ancient Winters vs Tyrant

quote: (post)
Originally posted by guy222
Does Surtur win

bump

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 09:53 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

No, he's in Odin's division.

Tyrant, depowered however would be nice to see.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 10:29 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

I always thought Odin > Tyrant .... no?

no expression

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 10:54 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
leonidas
MWHAHAHAHA!

Originally posted by Scoobless
I always thought Odin > Tyrant .... no?

no expression

who knows.

anyway, the casket's power SURPASSED odin. it would be interesting to see something like that brought out against a cosmic. it IS magical, so who knows what kind of havoc it could wreak . . .

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 10:57 PM
leonidas is currently offline Click here to Send leonidas a Private Message Find more posts by leonidas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

I would say Surtur normally is around Tyrant's level. With the Casket, he would surpass Tyrant. He wins.

Old Post Jan 15th, 2007 11:33 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Shin_Nikkolas
Restricted

Account Restricted

The hell? He easily handled Surfer and a load of other heroes with no effort. He was IGNORING Surfer attacking him while he took out Gladiator. SS has had his tail whipped by Thanos before and we clearly saw, by Thanos' own admission nonetheless, that Tyrant > Thanos by a few levels.

Tyrant, even lacking most of his power, makes Heralds look like chumps.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 09:31 AM
Shin_Nikkolas is currently offline Click here to Send Shin_Nikkolas a Private Message Find more posts by Shin_Nikkolas Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Nikkolas
The hell? He easily handled Surfer and a load of other heroes with no effort. He was IGNORING Surfer attacking him while he took out Gladiator. SS has had his tail whipped by Thanos before and we clearly saw, by Thanos' own admission nonetheless, that Tyrant > Thanos by a few levels.

Tyrant, even lacking most of his power, makes Heralds look like chumps.

And this means what? Surfer's attacks didn't do anything to Odin either and Thanos was able to harm Tyrant more than he did Odin. Surtur without the casket is about equal to Odin. With it, he is a lot stronger than him.

And before anyone gets started, I'm not turning this into a Tyrant vs. Odin thread. Already had one of those. I'm just saying that Odin and Tyrant have similar showings against the same beings.

Old Post Jan 17th, 2007 01:30 PM
celestialdemon is currently offline Click here to Send celestialdemon a Private Message Find more posts by celestialdemon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by celestialdemon
And this means what? Surfer's attacks didn't do anything to Odin either and Thanos was able to harm Tyrant more than he did Odin. Surtur without the casket is about equal to Odin. With it, he is a lot stronger than him.

And before anyone gets started, I'm not turning this into a Tyrant vs. Odin thread. Already had one of those. I'm just saying that Odin and Tyrant have similar showings against the same beings.

Surtur yes

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 28th, 2007 07:53 PM
Utrigita

Remember that Thanos was powered by one of tyrants orbs and that helped him greatly in there fight. THAT was the reason that Tyrant was hurt more then Odin in the fight with Thanos. Another thing is that Thanos after his battle with either of them looked good.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 08:56 AM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

It's true that Tyrant might be slightly above Odin's level, but so is Surtur with the Casket.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 11:55 AM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

We doesn't know for sure how Tyrant rivals in comparison with Odin yet they both kindof beat Thanos up, He question is how good is Tyrant resistent to magic, personnally I BELIEVE it to bed higher then Galactus also it should be noted that only the most powerful magical attacks works on Galactus so the same probably goes for Tyrant.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 01:32 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Utrigita
We doesn't know for sure how Tyrant rivals in comparison with Odin yet they both kindof beat Thanos up, He question is how good is Tyrant resistent to magic, personnally I BELIEVE it to bed higher then Galactus also it should be noted that only the most powerful magical attacks works on Galactus so the same probably goes for Tyrant.

Casket is badass

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 05:34 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Remember that Thanos was powered by one of tyrants orbs and that helped him greatly in there fight. THAT was the reason that Tyrant was hurt more then Odin in the fight with Thanos. Another thing is that Thanos after his battle with either of them looked good.

The problem I have with this is we don't know how much the orb powered Thanos up if at all. Seems kind of pointless for Thanos to want to test his might against Tyrant if he was going to be using a powerup. Also, Thanos only used to orb for one blast. Other than that, he was physically hitting Tyrant with it. So, the orb didn't help him that much.

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 05:42 PM
Bentley
Seitei

There is no straight comparison between Tyrant and Odin so its hard to say. FP Tyrant wins, regular one, who knows.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 06:44 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Bentley
There is no straight comparison between Tyrant and Odin so its hard to say. FP Tyrant wins, regular one, who knows.

Surtur with the Casket. Tyrant goes down

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 06:57 PM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Wait, which fight came first, the Tyrant fight or the Odin fight?

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 07:02 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

Originally posted by Soljer
Wait, which fight came first, the Tyrant fight or the Odin fight?

Odin

Old Post Apr 29th, 2007 07:18 PM
Utrigita

The problem I have with this is we don't know how much the orb powered Thanos up if at all. Seems kind of pointless for Thanos to want to test his might against Tyrant if he was going to be using a powerup. Also, Thanos only used to orb for one blast. Other than that, he was physically hitting Tyrant with it. So, the orb didn't help him that much.

The way I understand it was that it increased his powerlevels to some very seriously levels.

One blast yes but never the less one blast that nearly brought down Tyrant after having seen 4 powerfull herald level beings getting there asses kicked without hurting him the slightest.

That is the reason he gives, yes but is Thanos really this way? no he was investigating tyrants baggrund and If he wanted to test his abilities why would he use it??? He must have felt some need for it and those hit he landed also hurt Tyrant quiete good remove that orb and Thanos wouldn't have been fared to well.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 04:11 PM
celestialdemon
Down from the Upside

The way I understand it was that it increased his powerlevels to some very seriously levels.

Nowhere does it say it increased his power levels at all, much less an amount of increase. If it's stated anywhere in any comic, I haven't seen it.

One blast yes but never the less one blast that nearly brought down Tyrant after having seen 4 powerfull herald level beings getting there asses kicked without hurting him the slightest.

It didn't nearly bring him down. It hurt him, but he didn't fall or even stagger. And Tyrant was hurt once in that fight, when Ganymede struck him in the back of the head.

That is the reason he gives, yes but is Thanos really this way? no he was investigating tyrants baggrund and If he wanted to test his abilities why would he use it??? He must have felt some need for it and those hit he landed also hurt Tyrant quiete good remove that orb and Thanos wouldn't have been fared to well.

We don't know how he would have faired without the orb, because we don't know how much it powered him up if any. Thanos summed it up pretty well when he said he was going to try to steal the orb and Tyrant was going to try and stop him. After the battle, he just teleported away. If he could have left at any time, it would seem pointless to go through the battle at all unless it was to test himself against Tyrant.

Old Post Apr 30th, 2007 06:30 PM