KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Storm vs X-Factor

Storm vs X-Factor
Started by: Beta Ray Howard

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (5): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Storm vs X-Factor

Storm, the supposed Omega Level

vs

Wolfbane
Strong Guy
Havoc
Multiple Man
Quicksilver
Polaris

If she can beat Hulk, can she take a team that Hulk defeated by himself?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 02:07 AM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brian Oswald

Team wins

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 02:13 AM
Brian Oswald is currently offline Click here to Send Brian Oswald a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Oswald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rutog98

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Brian Oswald
Team wins

I disagree. She could literally wipe out the tntire team with one tornado. None of them have any realistic defense against her powers and most of her attacks are omnidirectional.

Honestly, its either a draw or Storm wins. There is no way that team comes out of this fight unless its PIS.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:00 AM
Rutog98 is currently offline Click here to Send Rutog98 a Private Message Find more posts by Rutog98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

Are you forgeting what Polaris can do?

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:09 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rutog98

Originally posted by King_Mungi
Are you forgeting what Polaris can do?

I am not. Storm is a much more powerful mutant to Polaris and has overpowered her in the past with lightning alone. Magneto has to strain a tremendous amount against STorm's winds. Polaris is not even on the same page as Magneto and those winds can clobber everyone on the battlefield. Heck, Storm can instantly freeze the entire area in ice and beat the team that way. She's pulled this kind of stunt before. She's been able to generate ice strong enough to even hold Colossus for a while.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:23 AM
Rutog98 is currently offline Click here to Send Rutog98 a Private Message Find more posts by Rutog98 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
-K-M-

My god with just a wave of her hand she can control the iron in her blood. Quicksilver can move at mutliple mach speeds if this is classic, and you better not claim Storm is a speedster as she isn't. Then Havok who has enough power...wait no, logical people will already know the outcome of this bout.

Storm is outclassed, outpowered and outnumbered.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:25 AM
-K-M- is currently offline Click here to Send -K-M- a Private Message Find more posts by -K-M- Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brian Oswald

Originally posted by Rutog98
I disagree. She could literally wipe out the tntire team with one tornado. None of them have any realistic defense against her powers and most of her attacks are omnidirectional.

Honestly, its either a draw or Storm wins. There is no way that team comes out of this fight unless its PIS.
HAHA. seriously. wow. Polaris makes a shield and rips Storm's blood out. She takes the shield down and Strong Guy, Wolfsbane, MM and QS beat/tear/kick the shit out of her WTF?!KOED body and if they havn't desecrated her now very life-less corpse enough Havok comes in and evaporates it from existence no expression

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:25 AM
Brian Oswald is currently offline Click here to Send Brian Oswald a Private Message Find more posts by Brian Oswald Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Brian Oswald

Not to mention QS could just speedblitz her before she does anything. Considering he has SUPERSPEED and she does not

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:30 AM
Rutog98

Polaris is not ripping anything out of STorm. STorm can very easily put an electrical field around herself. For Polaris to manipulate the iron in Storm's blood, she would have to project her magnetic energies into Storm's body. Storm can counter that with an electrical field as she has also deflected TK assaults with this same thing.

At the same time, she can whip up her winds and lightning and take the entire team out the first instant of the fight. Ororo outpowers the team. While they have numbers, her powers easily more than make up for that as her powers affect the entire area.

Polaris' shields aren't going to mean anything to Storm. Lorna should not even bother using the energy to put one up.

Storm can take out the whole team from the offset of the fight. Their only chance is to try and take her out at the very beginning as well for a double KO. They cannot avoid her attack nor can they withstand it.

You mention Quicksilver, he's not going to get to Storm. He has to physically move from where he is to where she is. She doesn't have to move anywhere to attack him. On top of that, STorm sticks to the air in most fights. Quicksilver cannot fly. Instances where he has ran on air, he is not as fast as a decent flier that I can recall.

Last edited by Rutog98 on Jan 10th, 2007 at 03:32 AM

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:30 AM
-K-M-

Your joking right?

Also why do you continually say she can do all those thing instantly? as she can't. Unless Storm has Multiple Man's powers and duplicats herself and fights multiple people who solo can take it to her. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:32 AM
Brian Oswald

Polaris is not ripping anything out of STorm. STorm can very easily put an electrical field around herself. For Polaris to manipulate the iron in Storm's blood, she would have to project her magnetic energies into Storm's body. Storm can counter that with an electrical field as she has also deflected TK assaults with this same thing.

At the same time, she can whip up her winds and lightning and take the entire team out the first instant of the fight. Ororo outpowers the team. While they have numbers, her powers easily more than make up for that as her powers affect the entire area.

Polaris' shields aren't going to mean anything to Storm. Lorna should not even bother using the energy to put one up.

Storm can take out the whole team from the offset of the fight. Their only chance is to try and take her out at the very beginning as well for a double KO. They cannot avoid her attack nor can they withstand it.

You mention Quicksilver, he's not going to get to Storm. He has to physically move from where he is to where she is. She doesn't have to move anywhere to attack him. On top of that, STorm sticks to the air in most fights. Quicksilver cannot fly. Instances where he has ran on air, he is not as fast as a decent flier that I can recall.
Yeah im just not even going to try.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:35 AM
-K-M-

So apparently Storm's powers over the E-M spectrum is greater than Polaris. While she is doing all this to "block" Polaris' attacks everyone else will just be watching and enjoying the show

Also apparently going mach 10 is still to slow for QS to catch Storm

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:36 AM
Brian Oswald

So apparently Storm's powers over the E-M spectrum is greater than Polaris. While she is doing all this to "block" Polaris' attacks everyone else will just be watching and enjoying the show

Also apparently going mach 10 is still to slow for QS to catch Storm
and she starts the fight flying roll eyes (sarcastic)

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:39 AM
Rutog98

No. Read Unlimited issue 7. She fought Candra there. She surrounded herself with an electrical aura that deflected all of Candra's TK assautls. AT the same time, she summoned hurricane winds, flew and controlled the lightning.

Storm is infamous for her multiple attacks. I thought everyone knew that. There was another issue where she was so weak and drained from Sauron feeding off of her while Sauron was at his peak from feeding off all the X-Men, yet, when they fought each other, she was qicker on the draw than he. She hit him with fog and snow and cold to blind him and freeze him and winds to batter him all at the same time.

In Uncanny 153, she battled this sky-scraper-sized Sidri creature in the air. She was very tired already, yet she created a massive tornado about the create with continual lightning strikes hitting it at the same time. This attack followed the creature wherever it flew.

She has done things like shoot a monsoon out of one hand while lightning out the other hand at the same time.

I can go on and on with examples of Storm and her multiple attacks.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:40 AM
-K-M-

Are you familar with anything of the members of X-Factor have done? I assume you havn't as all you mentioned isn't much. Name all the feats you want, but apparently her reflexes are faster than a speedster that can go mach 10 and faster? ho-hum this is enjoyable.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:42 AM
tsilamini

Wait, how does Storm have control over the EM spectrum??? thats an absurd claim.

Has she ever controlled light? has she ever modified infrared waves? no. At best, AT BEST, she can modify EM fields, which represent a minuscule part of the EM spectrum. It is basically the changing of the charge of ions, she has never shown any sort of minute ability to affect these things. If she has, I will refer to the "Chronic Underachiever" argument I made a few Storm threads back.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:44 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Rutog98

Are you familar with anything of the members of X-Factor have done? I assume you havn't as all you mentioned isn't much. Name all the feats you want, but apparently her reflexes are faster than a speedster that can go mach 10 and faster? ho-hum this is enjoyable.

Of course I have read X-Factor. The problem with Quicksilver and Storm is he has to move to get to her. If it were a race to see who could run from Point A to Point B faster, he would beat her hands down. However, that is not the case here. I don't care how fast his reaction time is, the fact is he has to travel to get to her while all she has to do is just will something to happen. He is not going to get to her before she can pull something off. Heck, she could be up in the air and out of his reach and deck him and the entire team with something that instantly takes them out.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:45 AM
-K-M-

Of course I have read X-Factor. The problem with Quicksilver and Storm is he has to move to get to her. If it were a race to see who could run from Point A to Point B faster, he would beat her hands down. However, that is not the case here. I don't care how fast his reaction time is, the fact is he has to travel to get to her while all she has to do is just will something to happen. He is not going to get to her before she can pull something off. Heck, she could be up in the air and out of his reach and deck him and the entire team with something that instantly takes them out.

Mach 10...do you realize how much ground you can cover at mach 10? apparently not. Also QS has flown before by moving his feet so fast he ran on air..try again.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:47 AM
Rutog98

Originally posted by inamilist
Wait, how does Storm have control over the EM spectrum??? thats an absurd claim.

Has she ever controlled light? has she ever modified infrared waves? no. At best, AT BEST, she can modify EM fields, which represent a minuscule part of the EM spectrum. It is basically the changing of the charge of ions, she has never shown any sort of minute ability to affect these things. If she has, I will refer to the "Chronic Underachiever" argument I made a few Storm threads back.

Why are you trying to debate if Storm can manipulate the EM spectrum? How did this come up? I am guessing you are referring to my point about Storm surrounding herself in an protective electrical field/aura to use as a barrier to prevent Lorna's powers from entering her body, right? Polaris has to project energy into you to control the metal in you. Metal is hers to command as a byproduct of her magnetic powers. Put an energy barrier around your body and her magnetic powers would have to penetrate it to reach you. In other words, you have blocked her.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:49 AM
Rutog98

Mach 10...do you realize how much ground you can cover at mach 10? apparently not. Also QS has flown before by moving his feet so fast he ran on air..try again.

You have intentionally misread my post. I said that Quicksilver can run on air. I already anticipated your argument. He is MUCH slower on air than he is on the ground. I have never seen him do anything at any great speed in the air. If I am wrong, name an instance to disprove this.

He may be able to move at mach10, but thought is faster yet.

Old Post Jan 10th, 2007 03:51 AM