KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Thanos vs. Dr. Strange.

Thanos vs. Dr. Strange.
Started by: roughrider

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
roughrider
Thunderer

Thanos vs. Dr. Strange.

Don't think this has been done.
Straight up, classic versions.

"I'm not smart so much as I am not dumb." - Harlan Ellison

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 05:51 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

Strange DID slap Thanos' god around for an entire issue afterall.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:02 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Strange has an insane number of counters for powerful attacks, but does he really have enough raw power to beat the Titan?

I'd be inclined to lean toward Thanos until proven otherwise, though I can't say I'm an expert on either one.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:04 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

quote: (post)
Originally posted by DigiMark007
Strange has an insane number of counters for powerful attacks, but does he really have enough raw power to beat the Titan?

I'd be inclined to lean toward Thanos until proven otherwise, though I can't say I'm an expert on either one.

Damn, someone should have picked Strange for the tourney, then.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:05 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by Soljer
Damn, someone should have picked Strange for the tourney, then.

He was banned, largely thanks to lp's scary use of him years ago in a similar tourney (though it didn't quite get him the win... stick out tongue )

And I suppose cheap tactics like time travel and such could prevail here for Strange, but if he just tries to take Thanos out, no matter how many tricks he uses to negate Thanos' attacks or elude his attacks, I have to believe Thanos would win eventually.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:07 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

He was banned, largely thanks to lp's scary use of him years ago in a similar tourney (though it didn't quite get him the win... stick out tongue )

And I suppose cheap tactics like time travel and such could prevail here for Strange, but if he just tries to take Thanos out, no matter how many tricks he uses to negate Thanos' attacks or elude his attacks, I have to believe Thanos would win eventually.

Puuulleeze. I got to the last round and I only used one character to do it. I did awesome given the circumstances that include me not knowing what the hell I was talking about.

Raw power means what?

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:12 AM
long pig is currently offline Click here to Send long pig a Private Message Find more posts by long pig Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by long pig
Puuulleeze. I got to the last round and I only used one character to do it. I did awesome given the circumstances that include me not knowing what the hell I was talking about.

Raw power means what?

We were all in teh same boat. I had never read a single comic for 2 of my 3 characters for that tourney....it was probably amusingly BS-filled, but meh.

And by raw power, I mean "enough offensive force to KO Thanos".

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:14 AM
roughrider
Thunderer

Can Thanos get around the crimson bands of cyttorak?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:20 AM
roughrider is currently offline Click here to Send roughrider a Private Message Find more posts by roughrider Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Thanos vs. Dr. Strange.

Originally posted by roughrider
Don't think this has been done.
Straight up, classic versions.

thanos should win even without a powerup

not a fan of the mage

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:21 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
long pig
Restricted

Account Restricted

We were all in teh same boat. I had never read a single comic for 2 of my 3 characters for that tourney....it was probably amusingly BS-filled, but meh.

And by raw power, I mean "enough offensive force to KO Thanos".

"Amusingly retarded" is it's highest point. That whole tourney was filled with illogical crap. Half of which I created, but still....

I'm feeling a tad nestalgic, maybe someone could "russle" up the ol' thread and see who's the biggest BS'er?

Strange's raw power feats in which he one-shot-destroys(or k.o's) these ojbects.
A planet.
A galactus.
A herald, Nova.
An island.
A Moon.

Supa-Mayne!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 06:22 AM
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

namor did...

i dont see any problems why thanos couldnt...

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 07:00 AM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ouallada

Strange is certainly in the same league as Thanos, but I think he was not allowed in the tourney because of the baggage that he brings. Who would want to argue against Strange when he can call upon the Vishanti? Similarly, his low feats are numerous as well, making him difficult to place.

As for this battle, I would be inclined to give Thanos a 6-6.5/10, whether with or without prep. Without prep, Strange is still a human and will be overpowered by Thanos' offense, with gimmicks like time travel probably netting him a win or two. With prep, Strange may get the Vishanti, but Thanos may just go get another uber artifact. Works both ways. Thanos for a slight majority each time.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 08:32 AM
Ouallada is currently offline Click here to Send Ouallada a Private Message Find more posts by Ouallada Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boriquaking55
Pak is a straight fool

those things are weaksauce, Namor recently broke out of them

I just got BLOW'D UP from the inside by a Skrull?!
AWW HELLL NAWWW!!!!!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 02:14 PM
boriquaking55 is currently offline Click here to Send boriquaking55 a Private Message Find more posts by boriquaking55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

Originally posted by draxx_tOfU
namor did...

i dont see any problems why thanos couldnt...

They are supposed to hold the strongest foes at bay, but only if conjoured properly. Dr. Doom tried to put Strange in them, but Strange turned them around and ensnared Doom instead.
Was Strange having a migrane, the day he put Namor in them?

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 04:06 PM
Digi
Forum Leader

I think he left Namor....the bands don't have nearly as much power when the caster stops concentrating.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 04:20 PM
grey fox
KMC Magik Founder

This thread has been done a MILLION times.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 04:24 PM
grey fox is currently offline Click here to Send grey fox a Private Message Find more posts by grey fox Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
roughrider
Thunderer

I think he left Namor....the bands don't have nearly as much power when the caster stops concentrating.

That's right - he left the room, I believe.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 04:25 PM
Priest

Strange is good, but Thanos still edges him out.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 04:58 PM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
boriquaking55
Pak is a straight fool

Namor broke the Crimson Bands of Cytorrak with his own sense of Machismo.

I just got BLOW'D UP from the inside by a Skrull?!
AWW HELLL NAWWW!!!!!

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 05:49 PM
boriquaking55 is currently offline Click here to Send boriquaking55 a Private Message Find more posts by boriquaking55 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Cosmic Flame

Thanos. He's physically and intellectually superior, and he has a knowledge of the mystic arts as well. He's also been around a lot longer than Strange. You don't live as long as he has with the mission that he had without learning how to fight off mystics in the process.

Old Post Jan 19th, 2007 05:53 PM
Cosmic Flame is currently offline Click here to Send Cosmic Flame a Private Message Find more posts by Cosmic Flame Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote