KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America vs. Wolverine (Twist)

Captain America vs. Wolverine (Twist)
Started by: Metalmanx

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (9): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Captain America vs. Wolverine (Twist)

This is purely a hand-to-hand fight. For argument's sake, Wolverine's physiology is now equivalent to Cap's. Meaning: NO healing factor, NO claws, NO adamantium, no superhuman durabilty, no super sense, etc., etc.

Cap does NOT get his shield either. They're both put on equal footing here physically.

Fight takes place in a featureless arena with walls surrounding the edges.

Now, in plain hand-to-hand combat, who is the victor?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:21 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

well I am assuming logan has all of his knowledge and such.

also make it both are normal humans no peak humans so to make it fair since niehter had longer experience with there given abilites

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:23 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

quote: (post)
Originally posted by capt it up
well I am assuming logan has all of his knowledge and such.

also make it both are normal humans no peak humans so to make it fair since niehter had longer experience with there given abilites

Why? I put them both on equal footing. They both have the physiology of Cap. I would think you'd want that, otherwise the fight would last only a couple of minutes, fatigue dragging them down.

You think Wolverine would be hindered by the ability to be peak human? blink

Why would that matter anyway? This is all just depends on who the better fighter is.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:28 AM
Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Accel

I would put Wolverine above Cap as far as skills are concerned really.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:28 AM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Why? I put them both on equal footing. They both have the physiology of Cap. I would think you'd want that, otherwise the fight would last only a couple of minutes, fatigue dragging them down.

You think Wolverine would be hindered by the ability to be peak human? blink

Why would that matter anyway? This is all just depends on who the better fighter is.

becuase logan was just amde peakhuman when capt was not. capt had more experience with the abilties and limits of his body why logan ahs not.

if this had to do with skill then why won't you just make them both humans?

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:29 AM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
jinzin

with cis on, wolverine loses, he's fought for so long in situations where he could afford to be careless that it's going to cost him in this fight, captain america has to make every move count cause he ain't got a healing factor, he's been fighting that way forever, but logan is easily more prone to being sloppy.. cap 6/10

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:30 AM
jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Accel

I agree

jinzin

Originally posted by Accel

me too honestly.

jinzin is currently offline Click here to Send jinzin a Private Message Find more posts by jinzin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

cap wins

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:31 AM
xmeat is currently offline Click here to Send xmeat a Private Message Find more posts by xmeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
srankmissingnin
VP of Comic Knowledge

Flip a coin, cause it could go either way.

Play League of Legends for free and reference me - GentlemanZombie - when you join

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:34 AM
srankmissingnin is currently offline Click here to Send srankmissingnin a Private Message Find more posts by srankmissingnin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

becuase logan was just amde peakhuman when capt was not. capt had more experience with the abilties and limits of his body why logan ahs not.

if this had to do with skill then why won't you just make them both humans?

Okay. Fine. It shouldn't matter anyway. But I'll appease you, nonetheless.

They're both made regular human athletes. Athlete: able to lift one to two times one's own body weight. All their stats are the same (speed, agility, reaction time, endurance, durability, etc.), save for their specific heights and weights, obviously.

I believe Captain America wins the majority.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:36 AM
Smurph
------

Originally posted by jinzin
with cis on, wolverine loses, he's fought for so long in situations where he could afford to be careless that it's going to cost him in this fight, captain america has to make every move count cause he ain't got a healing factor, he's been fighting that way forever, but logan is easily more prone to being sloppy.. cap 6/10

You know, seeing you back Captain America instead of Wolverine almost make me want to prove you wrong...

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:45 AM
Smurph is currently offline Click here to Send Smurph a Private Message Find more posts by Smurph Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

wolvie is faster and has a sense of emotion before action is taken.kinda like DD

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:45 AM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

I think wolverine takes it in skill not to mention his body structure would help quite a bit

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:50 AM
jinzin

Originally posted by SpunkySmurph
You know, seeing you back Captain America instead of Wolverine almost make me want to prove you wrong...

laughing out loud

well I'm the wolverine fanboy you people think I am... I just think there's at least SOME validity behind feats.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:52 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

I think wolverine takes it in skill not to mention his body structure would help quite a bit

His 5'3", 200lb body structure would help Wolverine how?

I think Cap takes it in skill.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:53 AM
Dum Dum Dugan

Originally posted by Metalmanx
His 5'3", 200lb body structure would help Wolverine how?

I think Cap takes it in skill.

structure wise it help a good deal. of they have the same strength which they should since that the whole point of this for them to have the same abilities.

Logan is closer to the ground making him ahrder to nock down not mention making him a harder target.

Not to mention he has extremely long arms allowing him quite a reach for such a small body.

how ever it skill wise and I think logans the more skilled and clearly the mroe experienced

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 03:57 AM
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Yea, well, I'd already anticipated your answer. I'm waiting to hear from some others concerning this topic now.

Cap will still have a longer reach both in his arms and legs.

And honestly, I've never seen Wolverine have "extremely long arms" before, unless you're referring to his claws' length. They look to be about proportionate to me.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 04:00 AM
tsilamini

This is interesting smile

Jinzin brings up the best point however. Taking away the healing factor and claws and whatever else is a huge disadvantage for Wolvie.

Not that he isn't more skilled than Cap (I think he certainly is) just, as was mentioned, his fighting style is more prone to taking injury.

imho, if they were given 2 months or whatever to train with their new physiologies, Logan would have it.

As it stands, 50/50 with a slight edge to Cap, since all he loses is his shield.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 04:01 AM
tsilamini is currently offline Click here to Send tsilamini a Private Message Find more posts by tsilamini Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
The Fake Macoy
Lousy Imitation

To be honest I've seen Cap consistantly do more skilled feats than Wolverine, IMO (before you start posting scans). I'll give Cap a slight edge in this one, 6/10.

Old Post Jan 23rd, 2007 04:02 AM
The Fake Macoy is currently offline Click here to Send The Fake Macoy a Private Message Find more posts by The Fake Macoy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote