KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » 5 on 5 Heavyweight (Popularity) Contest

5 on 5 Heavyweight (Popularity) Contest
Started by: BobbyD

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
BobbyD
Animal Lover

5 on 5 Heavyweight (Popularity) Contest

5 of the most popular amongst DC and Marvel's finest go at it.

Flash, WW, GL (Hal), MM, and Superman

vs

SS, Thor, Juggy, The Incredible Hulk, Gladiator

2 scenarios:

a) ramdom encounter, unknown planet
b) each team has one day prep

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 08:41 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: 5 on 5 Heavyweight (Popularity) Contest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by BobbyD
5 of the most popular amongst DC and Marvel's finest go at it.

Flash, WW, GL (Hal), MM, and Superman

vs

SS, Thor, Juggy, The Incredible Hulk, Gladiator

2 scenarios:

a) ramdom encounter, unknown planet
b) each team has one day prep

Marvel ftw

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 08:56 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

if this is a popularity contest then it'd be

Superman, Batman, Wonder WOman, Green antern, Flash v.s Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor I guess :-\

THose are the mascots of the companies really an in that case DC wins

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 08:57 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

Originally posted by Redatom65
if this is a popularity contest then it'd be

Superman, Batman, Wonder WOman, Green antern, Flash v.s Spiderman, Wolverine, Hulk, Captain America, and Thor I guess :-\

THose are the mascots of the companies really an in that case DC wins

Red, I think you misunderstood me (my thread). ...not a poplularity contest in the literal sense. Rather, I choose 5 of the more popular characters from each co and threw them together to fight. Follow? confused

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 09:08 PM
BobbyD is currently offline Click here to Send BobbyD a Private Message Find more posts by BobbyD Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

I follow, i was just being an ass big grin.

Anyway DC ftw

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 09:09 PM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BobbyD
Animal Lover

I follow, i was just being an ass big grin.

Anyway DC ftw

-wiseguy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Why I oughtta? mad

stick out tongue

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 09:11 PM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

hey I went to more trouble than in the other thread where I just typed "Oprah" :P

Old Post Feb 1st, 2007 09:14 PM
guy222
With my gal

hey I went to more trouble than in the other thread where I just typed "Oprah" :P

Ellen>Oprah stick out tongue Marvel ftw IMO

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 11:49 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

In popularity contest, the winner would be Sups, followed by Spider-Man, and Hulk.

Wolverine, WW and Flash after, I guess.

In the match, Marvel win. SS is too versatile for anyone in the other team. The fact is that Flash cannot beat no one without bfr here (Hulk got healing factor)

Old Post Apr 23rd, 2007 11:58 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
janus77
Banana Genius

Marvel should be in big trouble. neither Hulk nor Juggernaut can fly so they'll be pretty useless for much of the battle. maybe they can throw debris (Flash?) at Martian Manhunter, other than that... Hulk'll just kick Juggernaut's arse for fun.

Surfer should take out a couple of the DC players, but in most scenarios he'd be spending a long time beating down Superman, while the other DC guys pulped Thor and Gladiator... Hulk and Juggernaut would be the last Marvel characters standing, with Juggernaut eventually dying and Hulk just being left alone by whoever survives from DC (no way to kill him).

Are you a Glinting Bastard?

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 12:07 AM
janus77 is currently offline Click here to Send janus77 a Private Message Find more posts by janus77 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
HaSon

Originally posted by BobbyD
Red, I think you misunderstood me (my thread). ...not a poplularity contest in the literal sense. Rather, I choose 5 of the more popular characters from each co and threw them together to fight. Follow? confused

That still doesn't explain Gladiator being here.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 12:11 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Chaholdrudan

Originally posted by janus77

Hulk and Juggernaut would be the last Marvel characters standing, with Juggernaut eventually dying and Hulk just being left alone by whoever survives from DC (no way to kill him).

damn it's really full of fu@#ing idiots eh..u got it wrong genius..Hulk is the one to die..and the totally invulnerable and immortal(classic) Juggernaut'll be last man standing(unless they bfr his indestructible ass)..

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 12:52 AM
Chaholdrudan is currently offline Click here to Send Chaholdrudan a Private Message Find more posts by Chaholdrudan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Re: Re: 5 on 5 Heavyweight (Popularity) Contest

Originally posted by guy222
Marvel ftw

I agree. smile

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:00 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Facee
Lord of Pretty

Originally posted by Validus
eek! laughing

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:02 AM
Facee is currently offline Click here to Send Facee a Private Message Find more posts by Facee Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Priest

Originally posted by Validus

It also dosent explain why GL Hal is there

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:02 AM
Priest is currently offline Click here to Send Priest a Private Message Find more posts by Priest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
reborn_213
Scruffy Nerf Herder

One Day of Prep...

I'm not sure. Thor gets his belt...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:10 AM
reborn_213 is currently offline Click here to Send reborn_213 a Private Message Find more posts by reborn_213 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Originally posted by Bouboumaster
In popularity contest, the winner would be Sups, followed by Spider-Man, and Hulk.

I would have to disagree with you there. I believe Spider-Man is more popular than Superman at the moment. But Superman is more recognizable than Spider-man.

Originally posted by janus77
Juggernaut eventually dying and Hulk just being left alone by whoever survives from DC (no way to kill him).

You don't know much about Juggernaut. Cain is practically immortal. He doesn't need food, water, or sleep. He never tires and can survive/fight without any major organs.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 01:51 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

DC wins, and Surfer's versatility is over exaggerated on these boards.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 03:11 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by His Airness
DC wins, and Surfer's versatility is over exaggerated on these boards.
Fail to see this...

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 03:15 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Child Rebel
Blackout

Originally posted by WorldWarHulk
Fail to see this...

He's obviously not as versatile in comics as he is on these boards. He rarely uses the power cosmic in any other way but to fire hand blast, but for some odd reason people place his versatility up their with Gl's and above Thor's.

Old Post Apr 24th, 2007 03:21 AM
Child Rebel is currently offline Click here to Send Child Rebel a Private Message Find more posts by Child Rebel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote