KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Captain America (No Shield) versus Batman (No Belt)

Who wins between these 2 Icons?
You do not have permission to vote on this poll.
Captain America 9 64.29%
Batman 4 28.57%
Draw 1 7.14%
Total: 14 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Captain America (No Shield) versus Batman (No Belt)
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (3): [1] 2 3 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Captain America (No Shield) versus Batman (No Belt)

Who wins?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 09:48 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Probably the same as the Slade fight from Deathstroke 7. Batman would probably lose because he's not enhanced.

Equal Bodies, Batman would take majority.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 09:52 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Captain America (No Shield) versus Batman (No Belt)

quote: (post)
Originally posted by masterbruce
Who wins?

So its H2H?

Cap's training isn't at Batman's level and fighting ability counts for more than strength and speed when you are at their level.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 09:54 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Probably the same as the Slade fight from Deathstroke 7. Batman would probably lose because he's not enhanced.

Equal Bodies, Batman would take majority.

I agree that physically Cap might be slightly superior to Batman, but you have to consider the fact that Bruce is extremely knowledgeable in many different forms of martial arts and also his knowledge of deadly pressure points may give him a great advantage.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 09:55 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Re: Re: Captain America (No Shield) versus Batman (No Belt)

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
So its H2H?

Cap's training isn't at Batman's level and fighting ability counts for more than strength and speed when you are at their level.

I half agree. We don't know anything about Cap's training, because it's never been mentioned. Here's what we do know -

He's one of the best on Marvel Earth, as stated by Nick Fury, I believe.

According to Zemo, he's one of the greatest fighters of all time.

According to himself, he's mastered every form of combat on Earth, which he stated when he fought Zemo.

He's learned a complex martial art in a day's time.

He learned interstallar martial arts during his time in the future whilst fighting Korvac.

They don't go into specifics like they do with Batman.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 09:57 PM
Beta Ray Howard is currently offline Click here to Send Beta Ray Howard a Private Message Find more posts by Beta Ray Howard Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

I agree that physically Cap might be slightly superior to Batman, but you have to consider the fact that Bruce is extremely knowledgeable in many different forms of martial arts and also his knowledge of deadly pressure points may give him a great advantage.

Cap also knows pressure point combat, and utilizes it against his opponents. Before Batman utilized them on Solomon Grundy, Cap used them on Hulk and was able to hold his own, and even throw the big lug like he was a fly.

Like I mentioned before, it would probably be like the fight from Deathstroke 7. Want me to post it?

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 09:58 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Beta Ray Howard
Cap also knows pressure point combat, and utilizes it against his opponents. Before Batman utilized them on Solomon Grundy, Cap used them on Hulk and was able to hold his own, and even throw the big lug like he was a fly.

Well, remember, in this fight Captain America doesn't have his shield. I think he's more used to fighting with a shield than Batman is with his utility belt.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:06 PM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Well, remember, in this fight Captain America doesn't have his shield. I think he's more used to fighting with a shield than Batman is with his utility belt.

Cap's fighting style isn't reliant on his shield like most think. It's used mostly as a projectile and for defense, and it's not like he hasn't done anything without it either.

The shield helps close the gap between him and a superpowered opponent. Batman doesn't have superpowers.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:10 PM
Soleran
Fast As Time

I'm going with Cap in the fight with no gear.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:11 PM
Soleran is currently offline Click here to Send Soleran a Private Message Find more posts by Soleran Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Dum Dum Dugan

capt due to his endurence and overall edge in other area's

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:12 PM
Dum Dum Dugan is currently offline Click here to Send Dum Dum Dugan a Private Message Find more posts by Dum Dum Dugan Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:14 PM
Starscream M

I'm unclear, I think if this is purely a brawl, then Cap wins after a hard fought battle.

But if Batman lands a pressure hit (ie on Cap's solar plexus) than Batman will win.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:14 PM
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Hmm . . .

I seem to have underestimated Cap's skill level. Its close but he'll take a majority.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:15 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

But if Batman lands a pressure hit (ie on Cap's solar plexus) than Batman will win.

The opposite is true as well of course . . .

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:16 PM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

I'm unclear, I think if this is purely a brawl, then Cap wins after a hard fought battle.

I'm guessing you're thinking of the Leopard blow?

Even landing that wouldn't do much. Cap's been hit with similar, and due to his physiology he can still keep going, though he'd be in a LOT of pain.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:17 PM
Starscream M

Originally posted by Symmetric Chaos
The opposite is true as well of course . . .

except that pressure points is more Batman's forte than it is Cap's

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:17 PM
Beta Ray Howard
Restricted

Account Restricted

except that pressure points is more Batman's forte than it is Cap's

Not really. Cap utilizes them a lot. Thats why his shield shots do so much damage to superpowered opponents. You'd have to know pressure points to pull off the things he does. That's why USAgent only uses his shield as a battering ram, whereas Cap is more precise.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:24 PM
WanderingDroid
THE LOOSE CANNON

Hasn't this been done before? confused

Anywhoo...I still go with Batman. Capt is too juiced and takes foreigns susbstances to enhance his body.

Cheaters never win in my book.

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:25 PM
WanderingDroid is currently offline Click here to Send WanderingDroid a Private Message Find more posts by WanderingDroid Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Hasn't this been done before? confused

Anywhoo...I still go with Batman. Capt is too juiced and takes foreigns susbstances to enhance his body.

Cheaters never win in my book.

If they don't notice in the NFL and NBA...

Anyways i go with cap. He's the kind of fighter that takes on dozens of Hydra... goes up against spiderman... cuts the rug with iron man... has taken down the hyde..

spiderman's even said that caps got one of the hardest punches he's ever taken...

all that said? its a 50/50 draw.
caps more power (though he does have finesse) but bats is more skill...

cap could be said to know less overall martial arts, but what he knows is applicable in real life combat. and he utilizes it well. Not all martial arts (ie. Taekwondo.) were made for actual combat.

ps2 vs xbox. lesser tech vs greater tech. Who won that war? the lesser. Why? greater application of what it could do.

Current video games... eh whatever.. but thats the jist of my point.

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:35 PM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kaos sebaceous

Hmmm this would probly be real close

Id say Cap 6/10

Thanks to The Grey Fox

Old Post Feb 5th, 2007 10:36 PM
Kaos sebaceous is currently offline Click here to Send Kaos sebaceous a Private Message Find more posts by Kaos sebaceous Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote