KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest
Started by: masterbruce

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

No optic blasts and no shields. Pure physical brawl.

Can the leader of the X-Men take down the leader of the Avengers?

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 04:17 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Ptr_Grifin
What?

Cap wins this easily.

God put me on earth to accomplish a certain amount of things. Right now I am so far behind I will never die.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 04:19 AM
Ptr_Grifin is currently offline Click here to Send Ptr_Grifin a Private Message Find more posts by Ptr_Grifin Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Re: Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

quote: (post)
Originally posted by masterbruce

No. Period.

In a strategic fight cyclops would win. In a hand to hand fisticuffs, he goes down. Not to say cyclops is a loser in the hand to hand department... but thats like saying tony stark would beat captain america in hand to hand... he'd go a few rounds. but he'd go down the majority.

If you were playing a game of risk, chess, any game of strategy, i'd give it to scott... but in pure hand to hand, cap is the best there is at what he does. period. (for being a non mutant )

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 04:21 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

I don't think Cyc is quite at the level of peak human in terms of speed and strenght.

Cap also has some of the best martial arts skills of any comic character.

Cyclops is in real trouble here. He goes down for a good majority. If not 10/10.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 04:21 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Hmmm ok I thought Cyclops was tougher but oh wells

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 04:24 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
rotiart
Stan Lee Stole my name

Hmmm ok I thought Cyclops was tougher but oh wells

You could say maybe cyclops vs... ohhh... gambit (i'd still give it to gambit) or maybe.... hrm....

cyclops vs tony stark.. without their powers and gear.

two *fit* guys with training from *black belts*... (wolverine/cap america)

"There is no writer to purposely ignore a character's natural ability just because it suits the story."
"in some cases because the writer knows that Character A will dominate Character B easily and refuses to allow this to happen for the sake of the story."

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 04:26 AM
rotiart is currently offline Click here to Send rotiart a Private Message Find more posts by rotiart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Zack Fair
Fanboy

Cyke is tough all right, and he would pretty much kick ass on most street levelers in hand to hand...but Cap is a notch above Scott in skills, stamina, strength, speed...well everything thanks to the Super Soldier Serum.

Many thanks to Rao Kal-EL Da Man

Zack Fair is currently offline Click here to Send Zack Fair a Private Message Find more posts by Zack Fair Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Metalmanx
Illuminati Founder

Re: Re: Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

Originally posted by rotiart
No. Period.

In a strategic fight cyclops would win. In a hand to hand fisticuffs, he goes down. Not to say cyclops is a loser in the hand to hand department... but thats like saying tony stark would beat captain america in hand to hand... he'd go a few rounds. but he'd go down the majority.

If you were playing a game of risk, chess, any game of strategy, i'd give it to scott... but in pure hand to hand, cap is the best there is at what he does. period. (for being a non mutant )

Couldn't have put it better myself.

Scott will go a few rounds, but will DEFINITELY lose the majority. Cap wins.

Metalmanx is currently offline Click here to Send Metalmanx a Private Message Find more posts by Metalmanx Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Supreme being
Astet controller

Re: Re: Re: Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

Originally posted by Metalmanx
Couldn't have put it better myself.

Scott will go a few rounds, but will DEFINITELY lose the majority. Cap wins.

Saying Scott goes a few rounds is insulting to the Cap a few well placed punches would drop cyclops.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 09:53 AM
Supreme being is currently offline Click here to Send Supreme being a Private Message Find more posts by Supreme being Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

cyclops

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 10:00 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Psyquis52
Magik Blackheart

Re: Re: Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

Originally posted by guy222
cyclops
You're a troublemaker.

Whoah!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 10:33 AM
Psyquis52 is currently offline Click here to Send Psyquis52 a Private Message Find more posts by Psyquis52 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Originally posted by Psyquis52
You're a troublemaker.

Guy is a genius in disguise,he is slowly spreading discord and chaos throughout the forum whilst hiding beneath the guise of an incredibly polite person...it's like flanders being the devil...it's always the person you least expect.

On a happier note,Cyc puts up a fight,but get's pounded harder than paris Hilton in an irish football club.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 10:45 AM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Psyquis52
You're a troublemaker.

I am a troublemaker. laughing out loud

laughing

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 11:32 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

Originally posted by Martian_mind
Guy is a genius in disguise,he is slowly spreading discord and chaos throughout the forum whilst hiding beneath the guise of an incredibly polite person...it's like flanders being the devil...it's always the person you least expect.

On a happier note,Cyc puts up a fight,but get's pounded harder than paris Hilton in an irish football club.

I am hiding beneath the guise of a polite person. A genius. I am a devil What the f**k?

thank u bz

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 11:35 AM
Martian_mind
telepathy+debates+=Pwned

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

I am hiding beneath the guise of a polite person. A genius. I am a devil What the f**k?

What?no one can be that nice....i'm on to you.....i won't let that nuke blow!!!

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 12:03 PM
Martian_mind is currently offline Click here to Send Martian_mind a Private Message Find more posts by Martian_mind Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

You should join Smizache.

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 12:29 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmarksthespot
CEO, BS Comics

Does that actually even mean anything? It sounds like a German food.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 03:28 PM
xmarksthespot is currently offline Click here to Send xmarksthespot a Private Message Find more posts by xmarksthespot Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Does that actually even mean anything? It sounds like a German food.

According to Rick its just something that popped into his head. (interestingly it is an anagram of ChasmSize and Chaos [what he Smizache stand for] is an archaic word for chasm)

A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 03:37 PM
Dreampanther
We all face the reaper.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Cyclops versus Captain America in Slugfest

Originally posted by Martian_mind

That made me laugh...

And I agree!

May all your dreams come true - except for one.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 04:34 PM
Dreampanther is currently offline Click here to Send Dreampanther a Private Message Find more posts by Dreampanther Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
yestinchong

Hand to hand, there is no competition. Cap America wins, pretty easily too.

Old Post Feb 9th, 2007 05:06 PM
yestinchong is currently offline Click here to Send yestinchong a Private Message Find more posts by yestinchong Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote