KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Nighthrasher vs Nightwing

Nighthrasher vs Nightwing
Started by: LordFear

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordFear

Nighthrasher vs Nightwing

Can these two stalemate each other or does on has the upperhand on the other?
Both are packing their normal hardware.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:29 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Space M ummy

Nightwing is leagues ahead of night thrasher in terms of skill and experience. it's not even a contest.

the only thing that remotely evens this out is that thrash's armor is pretty durable vs. standard kicks and punches, and he's been known to carry an Uzi and will shoot to kill if he has to.

still, Nightwing 9/10

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:31 PM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

mY MONEY is on Nighthrasher

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:32 PM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Space M ummy
Nightwing is leagues ahead of night thrasher in terms of skill and experience. it's not even a contest.

the only thing that remotely evens this out is that thrash's armor is pretty durable vs. standard kicks and punches, and he's been known to carry an Uzi and will shoot to kill if he has to.

still, Nightwing 9/10

Nope completely disagree. Night has held his own against Sabertooth. He is no scrub

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:35 PM
Space M ummy

Originally posted by LordFear
Nope completely disagree. Night has held his own against Sabertooth. He is no scrub

??? When was this?

Sabertooth has had high and low showings, but he should be WAY too much for NT to handle.

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:41 PM
Space M ummy is currently offline Click here to Send Space M ummy a Private Message Find more posts by Space M ummy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Originally posted by Space M ummy
??? When was this?

Sabertooth has had high and low showings, but he should be WAY too much for NT to handle.

This was among his debut start. He didn't beat him but handled himself well. The point is that I don't believe it being such a mismatch. Night also heads up his own team. I don't see him getting his ass handed to him that easily

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 09:47 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Night Thrasher is waaaaay out of his league. Remember Dick was trained by the best. Along the way also Dick's skills have vastly improved.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 11:14 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Night Thrasher is waaaaay out of his league. Remember Dick was trained by the best. Along the way also Dick's skills have vastly improved.

I really believe that Night Thrasher is better than you guys are giving him credit for

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 11:23 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

laughing
I really believe that Night Thrasher is better than you guys are giving him credit for

confused laughing

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 11:26 PM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
laughing

confused laughing

Glad you got a tickle out of that. Dunno where exactly the comedy came into play according to what I said but hey whatever works for ya. I still say Night thrasher all the way

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 11:34 PM
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

http://images.killermovies.com/foru...on/confused.gif
confused

http://images.killermovies.com/foru...rtoon/frown.gif
sad

http://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/laugh.gif
laughing out loud

Never really liked Night Thrasher. He might have some skills but still not in Dick Grayson's league.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Feb 22nd, 2007 11:53 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01

Never really liked Night Thrasher. He might have some skills but still not in Dick Grayson's league.

I dont know about that. In one New warriors issue he took out a group of superhuman on his own. One of the guys strength was from 70-90 tons. Thrasher dodged his blows and chucked gas in his face. Another superhuman could fly and was firing energy blast at him, Night Thrasher dodged the blasts and knocked her out in mid air by aiming one of his sticks at her head.

I cant remember the rest, it was a long time ago, but it was a pretty good showing.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 02:17 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Originally posted by Alfheim
I dont know about that. In one New warriors issue he took out a group of superhuman on his own. One of the guys strength was from 70-90 tons. Thrasher dodged his blows and chucked gas in his face. Another superhuman could fly and was firing energy blast at him, Night Thrasher dodged the blasts and knocked her out in mid air by aiming one of his sticks at her head.

I cant remember the rest, it was a long time ago, but it was a pretty good showing.

New Warriors #23 I think that was (may have been 22, it was the during the "Nothing but the truth" storyline, where Tai turns out to be evil)

Team was the folding circle, consisting of:

The Big Guy was Bloodstrike, big bruiser, went toe to toe with Rage I would say he was a class 80.

The flying woman was Silk Fever, pryokinetic powers

Then there was Left hand, could use the Dark Force in offensive blasts

Smiling Tiger, Wolverine rip off, enhanced, speed, agility and claws.

The there was Midnights Fire, enhanced speed, awesome martial artist, able to punch through Thrashers armour with his fists.

Thrash held them all until Midnight, blind sided him, Thrasher is way underrated, when he fought the Punisher he managed to stab in through the thigh and Frank said how good he was.

In fact the only thing that saved Frank was he shot him with a submachine gun at point blank range breaking his ribs through his armour.

Thrasher has taken Gideon (who he owned in hand to hand during four control) Gideon you may remember handled Crule pretty easily in X force and also trained Sunspot.

As he had no super human powers to copy it came down to skill, Thrash was better.

With the Warriors, he has taken on Terrax, Juggernaut, Sphinx, in the Spiderman/new Warriors annual, he fought Boomerang and Blacklash at the same time and held his own.

He went one on one with an assassin called Bengal who was an expert Martial artist at one point he was involved in a three way fight with Punisher and Bengal.

He taken Aardwolf one on one, who was another feral, enhanced speed and strength, with claws and teeth type guy.

Hes gone up against the FF along with the Warriors, was quick enough to grab and flip Nova when he came at him full throttle.

He took on Midnights Fire one on one and beat him, there are lots more examples of him showing his skill but thats all I can think of, off the top of my head.

There is nothing to suggest he is far below Nightwing, skills wise and his armour and the gadgets it has, gives him an advantage.

I will see if I can find some scans on the net, as I have no scanner but this should be a close fight, Thrasher is similar to Batman, in that he lost his parents when he was very young and has been training all his life to fight crime.

He is also backed by a vast personal fortune, is a tactician and pretty intelligent (although not on Bruce's level) and likes to use gadgets and isn't afraid to fight dirty.

I could see this being very, very close.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 03:04 PM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Hercules, just wanted to say that you're a really good poster

You are very knowledgeable, fair, and unbiased...pretty rare combination on KMC, myself excluded

so kudos!

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 03:05 PM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Originally posted by masterbruce
Hercules, just wanted to say that you're a really good poster

You are very knowledgeable, fair, and unbiased...pretty rare combination on KMC, myself excluded

so kudos!

Thanks! big grin

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 03:13 PM
Hercules is currently offline Click here to Send Hercules a Private Message Find more posts by Hercules Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

Yeah I was gonna mention Gideon, but I didnt have the issue were they fought. I looked on gideons bio and i didnt see anything about martial arts skills. Apparently gideon can copy talents so I thought that he would have copied thrashers talents.

I was gonna mention Punisher....but he doesnt get enough props.

P.S. Id second that you are a good poster.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 03:15 PM
Deadline is currently offline Click here to Send Deadline a Private Message Find more posts by Deadline Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Hercules
New Warriors #23 I think that was (may have been 22, it was the during the "Nothing but the truth" storyline, where Tai turns out to be evil)

Team was the folding circle, consisting of:

The Big Guy was Bloodstrike, big bruiser, went toe to toe with Rage I would say he was a class 80.

The flying woman was Silk Fever, pryokinetic powers

Then there was Left hand, could use the Dark Force in offensive blasts

Smiling Tiger, Wolverine rip off, enhanced, speed, agility and claws.

The there was Midnights Fire, enhanced speed, awesome martial artist, able to punch through Thrashers armour with his fists.

Thrash held them all until Midnight, blind sided him, Thrasher is way underrated, when he fought the Punisher he managed to stab in through the thigh and Frank said how good he was.

In fact the only thing that saved Frank was he shot him with a submachine gun at point blank range breaking his ribs through his armour.

Thrasher has taken Gideon (who he owned in hand to hand during four control) Gideon you may remember handled Crule pretty easily in X force and also trained Sunspot.

As he had no super human powers to copy it came down to skill, Thrash was better.

With the Warriors, he has taken on Terrax, Juggernaut, Sphinx, in the Spiderman/new Warriors annual, he fought Boomerang and Blacklash at the same time and held his own.

He went one on one with an assassin called Bengal who was an expert Martial artist at one point he was involved in a three way fight with Punisher and Bengal.

He taken Aardwolf one on one, who was another feral, enhanced speed and strength, with claws and teeth type guy.

Hes gone up against the FF along with the Warriors, was quick enough to grab and flip Nova when he came at him full throttle.

He took on Midnights Fire one on one and beat him, there are lots more examples of him showing his skill but thats all I can think of, off the top of my head.

There is nothing to suggest he is far below Nightwing, skills wise and his armour and the gadgets it has, gives him an advantage.

I will see if I can find some scans on the net, as I have no scanner but this should be a close fight, Thrasher is similar to Batman, in that he lost his parents when he was very young and has been training all his life to fight crime.

He is also backed by a vast personal fortune, is a tactician and pretty intelligent (although not on Bruce's level) and likes to use gadgets and isn't afraid to fight dirty.

I could see this being very, very close.

Wow.

Organized. Non confrontational. No mass use of emoticons. Clear knowledge of the character.

Very well done.

I'm afraid I don't know enough about either to give a good opinion but right now I'm seeing an edge to NightThrasher.

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 03:17 PM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Deadline

I guess Thrasher would win because his suit gives him more durability and strength. The reason why he built the suit was to fight Midnights Fire who has peak human stats.

I wished they hadnt killed Night Thrasher....I liked him. sad

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 03:25 PM
Hercules
Count Of Durfisto

Originally posted by Alfheim
I guess Thrasher would win because his suit gives him more durability and strength. The reason why he built the suit was to fight Midnights Fire who has peak human stats.

I wished they hadnt killed Night Thrasher....I liked him. sad

I liked him too, they could have taken his character so much further in his solo series, it just came at the wrong time, mid 90's when Marvel was bankrupting itself.

Thrashers armour definetly gives him an edge, I would say Thrasher was slightly below Nightwing, skills wise but only slightly but the armour has that many toys in it.

Here is a rundown of what hes packing.

Pepper Spray: Fires from right wrist.
3 Plastic Packs:
3 Napalm Gel Packs:
3 Cordite Packs:
Magnesium Flare:
Smoke Pellets:
Spur Jacks:
Incendiary Caps:
Ball Bearings:
Spring Blade:
Adamantium Garrote: From his left wrist.
Helmet: contains the following
Voice Scrambler:
Telescopic Vision:
Rebreather: 5 minutes of air.
Infra-Vision: .
Camera/ Filmpack:
Enhanced Hearing:
Backpack: Has the following features:
Escrima: Has 2 detachable Escrima sticks
Pistol: Hidden Uzi.
Skateboard: Locked on the Backpack assembly or on the right fore arm. can be used as a shield. It has a spring loaded blade hidden in the front.

Oh and thanks for the compliments!

Edit: Oh your right about Gideon not being a big martial artist, I have seen him listed as a boxer and he taught Sunspot how to use his powers offensively and wasn't a bad hand to hand fighter, plus he was stronger than Thrasher.

It stands out for me because it was the first time I saw Gideon get a beat down, previously he had wrecked the New Warriors using their own powers against them, KO'd Sunspot and handled Crule who was the big bad warrior external.

Last edited by Hercules on Feb 23rd, 2007 at 03:49 PM

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 03:45 PM
Deadline

Originally posted by Hercules
I liked him too, they could have taken his character so much further in his solo series, it just came at the wrong time, mid 90's when Marvel was bankrupting itself.

Thrashers armour definetly gives him an edge, I would say Thrasher was slightly below Nightwing, skills wise but only slightly but the armour has that many toys in it.

Here is a rundown of what hes packing.

Pepper Spray: Fires from right wrist.
3 Plastic Packs:
3 Napalm Gel Packs:
3 Cordite Packs:
Magnesium Flare:
Smoke Pellets:
Spur Jacks:
Incendiary Caps:
Ball Bearings:
Spring Blade:
Adamantium Garrote: From his left wrist.
Helmet: contains the following
Voice Scrambler:
Telescopic Vision:
Rebreather: 5 minutes of air.
Infra-Vision: .
Camera/ Filmpack:
Enhanced Hearing:
Backpack: Has the following features:
Escrima: Has 2 detachable Escrima sticks
Pistol: Hidden Uzi.
Skateboard: Locked on the Backpack assembly or on the right fore arm. can be used as a shield. It has a spring loaded blade hidden in the front.

Oh and thanks for the compliments!

Oh yeah I forgot about that. NT is packing extra gear, NW loses.

Old Post Feb 23rd, 2007 03:49 PM