KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » sentry vs martian manhunter

sentry vs martian manhunter
Started by: xmeat

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

sentry vs martian manhunter

kickass

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 07:04 PM
xmeat is currently offline Click here to Send xmeat a Private Message Find more posts by xmeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: sentry vs martian manhunter

quote: (post)
Originally posted by xmeat
kickass

I know about MM. Is Sentry badass?

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 07:47 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Utrigita

Not on the same level as MM he is about strength level with Superman + have some quiet nice abilities to that would make Sentry wish he had never been born.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 08:43 PM
Utrigita is currently offline Click here to Send Utrigita a Private Message Find more posts by Utrigita Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

Sentry is at least comparable to Superman with strength, also he has super speed (most likely lightspeed), can project hard light constructs and various typical superman abilities, minus heat vision, super breath. Anyway ability wise Jonn has him beat but since people generally agree that Superman can be Jonn, and Jonn has to amp himself to compete with Supes physically, I think Sentry takes it. Also stalemating Genis and Collective are things I don't think Jonn could do. I personally consider Genis over the top GL's/Sentinel (Kyle, Hal, Alan) and I don't think Jonn could hang with them for long. Vote Sentry.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 09:39 PM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

This is really a close one, an heraldbreaking Sentry vs the incredible Hul.... Martian Manhunter. Anyway, MM takes 7-8/10, he is longer in the buisness, the expierience wins this, powerwise they are almost equals.

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 09:47 PM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
BruceSkywalker
The BatLord of the Jedi

Originally posted by Longinus
Sentry is at least comparable to Superman with strength, also he has super speed (most likely lightspeed), can project hard light constructs and various typical superman abilities, minus heat vision, super breath. Anyway ability wise Jonn has him beat but since people generally agree that Superman can be Jonn, and Jonn has to amp himself to compete with Supes physically, I think Sentry takes it. Also stalemating Genis and Collective are things I don't think Jonn could do. I personally consider Genis over the top GL's/Sentinel (Kyle, Hal, Alan) and I don't think Jonn could hang with them for long. Vote Sentry.

Sentry might be comparable to Supes, but neither him nor supes are that good of a fighter. Jon Jonnz isn't that much of a fighter either. However, Sentry should be able to overcome the Martian Manhunters shape-changing abilties and win.

THE TRIAL NEVER ENDS...thanks steve

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 09:58 PM
BruceSkywalker is currently offline Click here to Send BruceSkywalker a Private Message Find more posts by BruceSkywalker Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Aqua-pimp

Damn this is a close one i'ma gonna go with Martain Manhunter for now the man just has more feats and earned his props where Sentry still is relativly new and have to earn his ....
So john john'z 8/10

cool

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 10:01 PM
Aqua-pimp is currently offline Click here to Send Aqua-pimp a Private Message Find more posts by Aqua-pimp Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

The only advantage besides possibly intelligence that Jonn has over Sentry is his ability to become intangible, besides that I don't see him winning. Sentry is faster, stronger, a cold/calculting killer and probably more durable. The only way I can see Jonn winning this is if he goes both invisible and intangible and phases inside of Sentry's brain.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 10:09 PM
Longinus is currently offline Click here to Send Longinus a Private Message Find more posts by Longinus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
horrorwolf
Incarnation of Infinity

Sentry loses this due to lack of feats primarily.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 10:29 PM
horrorwolf is currently offline Click here to Send horrorwolf a Private Message Find more posts by horrorwolf Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

If Sentry really statlemate Galactus... He wins hands down.
100/10.

But I put him in the same league that the Surfer, with less powers.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 10:32 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

MM.

Sentry is quite vulnerable to psychic attacks. He has an extremely fragile mind. MM simply mindrapes him and confuses Sentry with his multi-personality disorder.

Allowing J'onn enough time to phase a rock in his skull....

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 10:40 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Longinus

If Jonn even goes into his mind, hes in some trouble. The Void has on occassion incapacitated people who've entered Sentry's mind, however thats not to say Jonn isn't a top tier psychic, I'm just saying there are safer ways to secure a win. In the end if Jonn mentaly attacks Sentry it'll be him (IMO) who'll be left open to attack.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 10:47 PM
Accel

I don't believe Sentry is really weak against telepathy at all. His powers were described as being held together by a strong mental force. Mastermind even said his powers work best on people with strong minds for some unknown reason and he mentally dominated Sentry with no problem.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 10:51 PM
Accel is currently offline Click here to Send Accel a Private Message Find more posts by Accel Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Draco69
Snarky Slytherin

J'onn has withstood the mind of the Joker, the Spectre, the Overmind of the Presence, Mageddon, Neron, Darkseid, Parallax, and even the Source.

A man with a multiple personality disorder isn't going to phase him...

J'onn can multi-task. Which is what he does quite often. He can connect with every being on Earth, probe their minds, run algorithims with Oracle and fight Ultraman to a bloody pulp. J'onn simply shapeshifts his own brain to several lobes dedicated to several tasks.

And he really only has two. Mindrape Sentry and physically beat him down. Or simply turn intangible and let Sentry swipe thin air as MM invades his mind and fractures his already f'ed up psyche.

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 10:53 PM
Draco69 is currently offline Click here to Send Draco69 a Private Message Find more posts by Draco69 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
draxx_tOfU
Gundam Meister

sentry...

ninja

Old Post Mar 14th, 2007 11:38 PM
draxx_tOfU is currently offline Click here to Send draxx_tOfU a Private Message Find more posts by draxx_tOfU Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by Utrigita
Not on the same level as MM he is about strength level with Superman + have some quiet nice abilities to that would make Sentry wish he had never been born.

Cool smile

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 01:02 AM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Originally posted by LORDSIDIOUS01
Sentry might be comparable to Supes, but neither him nor supes are that good of a fighter. Jon Jonnz isn't that much of a fighter either. However, Sentry should be able to overcome the Martian Manhunters shape-changing abilties and win.

Good evening, Lord Sidious

thank u bz

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 01:03 AM
HaSon

Manhunter wins. Sentry = Superman - good battle feats

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 01:05 AM
HaSon is currently offline Click here to Send HaSon a Private Message Find more posts by HaSon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
tkitna

Sentry

By Stoic

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 01:05 AM
tkitna is currently offline Click here to Send tkitna a Private Message Find more posts by tkitna Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
xmeat
Restricted

Account Restricted

he cant mindrape sentry who also has TP remember marvel telepaths are greater than dc.

Old Post Mar 15th, 2007 01:06 AM
xmeat is currently offline Click here to Send xmeat a Private Message Find more posts by xmeat Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote