KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Shazam Versus Thunderstrike

Shazam Versus Thunderstrike
Started by: LordFear

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
LordFear

Shazam Versus Thunderstrike

I always thought Shazam was a knock off of Superman and Thunderstrike a knockoff of Thor.

Who would win?????

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:05 AM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

ok no takers?
I say Thunderstrike smokes that little kid

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:12 AM
LordFear is currently offline Click here to Send LordFear a Private Message Find more posts by LordFear Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Shazam makes thunderstrike hurt...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:18 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

quote: (post)
Originally posted by LordFear
I always thought Shazam was a knock off of Superman and Thunderstrike a knockoff of Thor.

Who would win?????
Billy came before Superman, didn't he?

Also, current Marvel destroys him, classic Marvel smokes him, and Shazam, as you used this thread as, destroys him.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:18 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Originally posted by WorldWarHulk

Also, current Marvel destroys him, classic Marvel smokes him, and Shazam, as you used this thread as, destroys him.

YOU ARE JOKING!?

Superman was the first superhero ever in modern times. DC sued Fawcett for it's obvious ripoffs of Superman. Guess who won?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:20 AM
CyborgHolliday is currently offline Click here to Send CyborgHolliday a Private Message Find more posts by CyborgHolliday Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
LordFear

Originally posted by Redatom65
YOU ARE JOKING!?

Superman was the first superhero ever in modern times. DC sued Fawcett for it's obvious ripoffs of Superman. Guess who won?

I thought Billy was first?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:22 AM
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

Joe Shuster and Jerry Siegel struggled, but led the way with Superman created the buisness in 1938. Captain marvel came a year or 2 later. yeesh!

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:24 AM
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Redatom65
YOU ARE JOKING!?

So I see...

Anyway... I think I got Marvel flying before Superman, and the creation mixed-up...

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:28 AM
One Big Mob is currently offline Click here to Send One Big Mob a Private Message Find more posts by One Big Mob Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
nvrbeenwthagirl
Restricted

Account Restricted

Captain Marvel actually could fly before Superman. His speed was better than superman's as well. Superman actually is much of a rip off of CM as CM is of Supers.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:43 AM
nvrbeenwthagirl is currently offline Click here to Send nvrbeenwthagirl a Private Message Find more posts by nvrbeenwthagirl Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by nvrbeenwthagirl
Captain Marvel actually could fly before Superman. His speed was better than superman's as well. Superman actually is much of a rip off of CM as CM is of Supers.
Indeed.

The only thing that was really a rip-off back then, was the way he looked.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:44 AM
LordFear

so why did DC do it?

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 12:45 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe
Kryptonian Scientist

I though Thor was an Captain Marvel ripoff (kind of), the norse god has almost nothing in common with the Thor. But back then when he was created, he summoned an lightinig to transform himself into an godlike being, Donald Blake was his name IIRC. Flight, strength, invulnerability or stamina etc and an lightining that transforms you into the god vs An God, with a hammer, who needs two goats, tanngrisnir and tanngnjostr, to fly, and needs an belt and gloves to be "superstrong" enough to lift his hammer.....

Sig made by my mate, the one and only One_Angry_Scot

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 01:36 AM
Prof. T.C McAbe is currently offline Click here to Send Prof. T.C McAbe a Private Message Find more posts by Prof. T.C McAbe Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Badabing
Karen

That says it all. cool

You've just been Trump'd!

Official pimp of Steverules

Sig by Steve Rules

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 01:40 AM
Badabing is currently offline Click here to Send Badabing a Private Message Find more posts by Badabing Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
CyborgHolliday
Vagrant

DC did it becuase of the fleicher cartoons from the early 40's. They had superman flying.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 02:12 AM
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

So we have the Wizard who gave Captain Marvel his powers vs a lower tier version of Thor?

This is as lopsided as Spidey fighting a sun eater.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 02:28 AM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Symmetric Chaos
Fractal King

Originally posted by Avalonofthewind
So we have the Wizard who gave Captain Marvel his powers vs a lower tier version of Thor?

This is as lopsided as Spidey fighting a sun eater.

laughing out loud

Graffiti outside Latin class.
Sed quis custodiet ipsos custodes?
A juvenal prank.

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 02:29 AM
Symmetric Chaos is currently offline Click here to Send Symmetric Chaos a Private Message Find more posts by Symmetric Chaos Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Thunderstrike was never anywhere near Thor's power level (until the last couple of issues where he used both the Thunderstrike mace and the Bloodaxe together)

At Thunderstrike's normal level, classic Cpt Marvel would have no trouble whatsoever ... at Mace & Axe level, Classic Cpt Marvel would lose pretty badly.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 02:56 AM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
One Big Mob
Dead

Originally posted by Scoobless
Thunderstrike was never anywhere near Thor's power level (until the last couple of issues where he used both the Thunderstrike mace and the Bloodaxe together)

At Thunderstrike's normal level, classic Cpt Marvel would have no trouble whatsoever ... at Mace & Axe level, Classic Cpt Marvel would lose pretty badly.
I thought about that... and he would really have to connect first.

Plus, did the Bloodaxe increase his powers too?
I only remember him using it to cut Juggs helmet off, and King Thor using it (I really should read the rest of his run).

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 03:08 AM
Scoobless
sselboocS

I thought about that... and he would really have to connect first.

Plus, did the Bloodaxe increase his powers too?
I only remember him using it to cut Juggs helmet off, and King Thor using it (I really should read the rest of his run).

In the last couple of issues he accessed it's full power and it boosted him so much that he OHKd Set and Thor couldn't stop him.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 01:10 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
guy222
With my gal

Re: Shazam Versus Thunderstrike

Originally posted by LordFear

Who would win?????

thunderstrike

thank u bz

Old Post Apr 1st, 2007 05:43 PM
guy222 is currently offline Click here to Send guy222 a Private Message Find more posts by guy222 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote