KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Better fight? USA or Japan. Interesting, check this

Which fights do you prefer?
This poll is closed.
Manga 3 25.00%
US Comics 8 66.67%
Dunno 1 8.33%
Total: 12 votes 100%
  [Edit Poll (moderators only)]

Better fight? USA or Japan. Interesting, check this
Started by: RyogaHibiki

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (6): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
RyogaHibiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

Better fight? USA or Japan. Interesting, check this

My animefights got closed, and this got me to wonder about something...

Which kind of comic do you think gets the fights done better?

Typical, long japanese martial arts fights which can take nearly 50 pages...

Or typical, 2 pages long, comic fights were one of the fighters nearly always totally dominates his opponent, and its about powers, not skills

I prefer Japanese Manga Fights

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 12:34 PM
RyogaHibiki is currently offline Click here to Send RyogaHibiki a Private Message Find more posts by RyogaHibiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Squirrel Fart

I like long fights.....but I can't read Japanese,need the English subtitled books.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:19 PM
Squirrel Fart is currently offline Click here to Send Squirrel Fart a Private Message Find more posts by Squirrel Fart Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

It would be cool to have longer fights in comics but I have seen some done and the result is not as good as one would expect. A lot of that depends if you have something to say about the battle or if its just for show.

My respect threads:Kang the Conqueror, Ultron, Devil Dinosaur, Michael Korvac
Captain America for High Street

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:22 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RyogaHibiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

the japanese fights in themself, manga.
not the language.

and bentley, maybe not in US comics, but it suits manga and is a part of its charm

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:28 PM
RyogaHibiki is currently offline Click here to Send RyogaHibiki a Private Message Find more posts by RyogaHibiki Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RyogaHibiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

Watch the 3 mainfights of Ranma vs Ryoga from Ranma ½.

These 3 are great examples on anime fights.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:29 PM
Citizen V.

Those long fights are so unrealistic, you rarely see a fight (in real life) that lasts longer than a few minutes (outside of boxing and sports etc.)

Comic fights trump Manga fights every time.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:33 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Soljer
Beware my Power

laughing

If that isn't the most leading, biased way of asking the question....

"What do you prefer, the shitty, craptacular, horrid, retarded American way, or the better, perfect, stylized, sexy Japanese way?"

roll eyes (sarcastic).

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:33 PM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

I wonder about the best comic fights in history. It would make a good read.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:36 PM
Bentley is currently offline Click here to Send Bentley a Private Message Find more posts by Bentley Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RyogaHibiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

Casanova, is it realistic what Spidey did to Flamelord?
Or how the Cap-Spidey fight went?
Or when Hulk held energy?
Or when omnipotent beings are defeated by nonomnipotents?
Or guys like WOlveirne NEVER gets knocked out?

For just to mention a FEW examples...

So, they are both unrealistic. Manga jsut focuses more on making the fights enjoyable to read. Cooler moves, more detailed, longer and true emotions in the fights. SOme of them, that is

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:39 PM
Citizen V.

quote: (post)
Originally posted by RyogaHibiki
Casanova, is it realistic what Spidey did to Flamelord?
Or how the Cap-Spidey fight went?
Or when Hulk held energy?
Or when omnipotent beings are defeated by nonomnipotents?
Or guys like WOlveirne NEVER gets knocked out?

For just to mention a FEW examples...

So, they are both unrealistic. Manga jsut focuses more on making the fights enjoyable to read. Cooler moves, more detailed, longer and true emotions in the fights. SOme of them, that is

Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Yeah, I don't want to read 50 pages of fighting. That's why manga sucks my friend, that's why manga sucks.

True emotion? I'm suprised they have anything to do inbetween the 50 page fights.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:42 PM
Citizen V. is currently offline Click here to Send Citizen V. a Private Message Find more posts by Citizen V. Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

Guys in manga looks ****in' gay.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:44 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bentley
Seitei

Now that I think of it 50 pages of fights kind of suck. I don't mind it because I don't pay a dime for it, but it is kind of lame to post too much fight and no history or character development.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:45 PM
RyogaHibiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

Rivalships.

Ranma vs Ryoga is the best ever. Search Ranma vs Ryoga in youtube.

watch the fourth movie, the one which seems grey.

if you like ranma ½, you will understand what i mean

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:46 PM
RyogaHibiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

bouboumaster...
superheroes looks like ****ing halloweenadults?smile

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:47 PM
Bentley
Seitei

At least put up a link.

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:47 PM
RyogaHibiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

50pages of fighting sucks?

What about this one...

Ranma and Ryogas second showdown.

They have both trained for days to fight each other. Ryoga to learn the Break Point technique. Ranma to increase his speed. Break Point is supposed to destroy whatever the user touches.

Ranma constantly avoids Ryogas Break Point and uses attractive martial arts to kick Ryoga around, but Ryogas training have made him INCREDIBLE durable, and ranma cant hrut him... so its a matter of time before ryoga will touch him and win. ranma realizes he cna only hurt ryoga by using his newgained speed to punch him hundreds of times a sec the same place. their fight is now more even, as ranma does damage to ryoga. but ranma starts growing tired. ranma becomes desperate as ryoga jumps forwards and attacks, but ranma slams him to the ground with thousands of punches before they hits the ground and the cliff they stands on crumbles, thus ending the fight...

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:53 PM
RyogaHibiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 01:53 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

It's impossible to say, since not every fight in manga is the same, and not every fight in comics is the same.

You're just generalizing

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 02:05 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
RyogaHibiki
Restricted

Account Restricted

i am going after the most typical style of fights

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 02:06 PM
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

There is no "most typical style of fights".

A fight between Spider-man and Captain America is going to be nothing like a fight between Thanos and Silver Surfer.

Stop overgeneralizing

Sig by Starlock

Old Post Apr 7th, 2007 02:12 PM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote