KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Odin vs. The Spectre (not what you think)

Odin vs. The Spectre (not what you think)
Started by: Endless Mike

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (4): [1] 2 3 » ... Last »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Endless Mike
Sqirrel Girl fanboy

Odin vs. The Spectre (not what you think)

I know Odin has no chance of winning, but could he slow him down like Shazam did?

Sig by Starlock

Old Post May 31st, 2008 02:57 AM
Endless Mike is currently offline Click here to Send Endless Mike a Private Message Find more posts by Endless Mike Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
King Kandy

At least as well as Shazam did, maybe even better.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 03:05 AM
King Kandy is currently offline Click here to Send King Kandy a Private Message Find more posts by King Kandy Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

quote: (post)
Originally posted by King Kandy
At least as well as Shazam did, maybe even better.
Agreed.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 05:10 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Didn't Shazam have alot of prep though?

Old Post May 31st, 2008 06:16 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Didn't Shazam have alot of prep though?
Yes.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 06:18 AM
quanchi112 is currently offline Click here to Send quanchi112 a Private Message Find more posts by quanchi112 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Nihilist

Didn't Shazam have allot of prep though?

plus allot of magical/mystical artifacts at his disposal

Big thanks to Scythe

Old Post May 31st, 2008 06:35 AM
Nihilist is currently offline Click here to Send Nihilist a Private Message Find more posts by Nihilist Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by Nihilist
plus allot of magical/mystical artifacts at his disposal
Very true although we must take into account that Shazam took on Mordru right before his battle with Spectre. I still think Odin does better though.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 06:37 AM
NemeBro

Well, without prep I don't see him doing better personally.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 06:50 AM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Philosophía
"The devil made me do it"

No.

“Perhaps this is the ultimate freedom. The freedom to leave.”

Old Post May 31st, 2008 08:41 AM
Philosophía is currently offline Click here to Send Philosophía a Private Message Find more posts by Philosophía Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

You do realize that Odin with the Destroyer armour empowered by all of Asgard couldn't even slow down a Celestial?

Old Post May 31st, 2008 12:42 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Well, without prep I don't see him doing better personally.
I am sure the threadstarter meant to give him prep. I agree that without prep Odin would do worse than Shazam wit prep.

But I thought he was giving Odin the same advantages as Shazam was given.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 02:54 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by Astner
You do realize that Odin with the Destroyer armour empowered by all of Asgard couldn't even slow down a Celestial?

I really hope you are not comparing Spectre to a puny celestial. no expression

Quan: He can't give the same advantage, because Asgard doesn't amp Odin the way the rock of Eternity amps Shazam. Shazam and Captain Marvel confirmed their power is 100x greater inside the rock. And that's on top of all the prep and DCU magic.

Sure, Odin could hold Spectre for awhile if he got to use the same prep that Shazam did, but Asgard on it's own does not amp him anywhere near as much as the rock.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 06:46 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
I really hope you are not comparing Spectre to a puny celestial. no expression

Quan: He can't give the same advantage, because Asgard doesn't amp Odin the way the rock of Eternity amps Shazam. Shazam and Captain Marvel confirmed their power is 100x greater inside the rock. And that's on top of all the prep and DCU magic.

Sure, Odin could hold Spectre for awhile if he got to use the same prep that Shazam did, but Asgard on it's own does not amp him anywhere near as much as the rock.
4th host would beat dov Spectre easily.

Odin can amp himself considerably just as in the same way as when he battled the celestials. It would do much more damage against the Spectre.

Odin with the armor and with all the asgardians powers would DO better than Shazam imo. wink

Old Post May 31st, 2008 06:51 PM
TricksterPriest
Renegade Timelord

Originally posted by quanchi112
4th host would beat dov Spectre easily.

Odin can amp himself considerably just as in the same way as when he battled the celestials. It would do much more damage against the Spectre.

Odin with the armor and with all the asgardians powers would DO better than Shazam imo. wink

(please log in to view the image)

Odin would need a large portion of the MU's magic to take down Spectre. Asgard alone is not enough.

And you are a complete troll if you think the Celestial host can stop Spectre.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 06:58 PM
TricksterPriest is currently offline Click here to Send TricksterPriest a Private Message Find more posts by TricksterPriest Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
quanchi112
Disney

Originally posted by TricksterPriest
(please log in to view the image)

Odin would need a large portion of the MU's magic to take down Spectre. Asgard alone is not enough.

And you are a complete troll if you think the Celestial host can stop Spectre.
They can and would stop DOV Spectre.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 07:02 PM
leonheartmm

lmao, eternity wudnt be able to stop the spectre, whats the celestial host gonna do. i think shazam is a loved character of the writers, that is why so many plot devices work in his favour.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 07:58 PM
leonheartmm is currently offline Find more posts by leonheartmm Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Avlon
Godot Brew#107

Odin should slow Spectre down...for as long as Spectre allows it.

Humans are afraid of the dark.
And yet… At the same time, we’re fascinated and bewitched by it.
Maybe that’s why humans drink the darkness that is coffee.

Old Post May 31st, 2008 08:01 PM
Avlon is currently offline Click here to Send Avlon a Private Message Find more posts by Avlon Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Chopping off an arm isn't slowing him down?

From the looks of that fight, the destroyer would've torn a single celestial pieces. It's not like Odin was beaten by a single celestial, he was beaten by the host.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 31st, 2008 08:05 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Astner
The Ghost Who Walks

Spectre > Eternity > Host of Celestials

Old Post May 31st, 2008 08:33 PM
Astner is currently offline Click here to Send Astner a Private Message Find more posts by Astner Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Kris Blaze
Restricted

Account Restricted

Spectre > Eternity > Host of Celestials

And?

You still lied.

I give you the only thing an Orange Lantern gives....Demands

Old Post May 31st, 2008 08:35 PM
Kris Blaze is currently offline Click here to Send Kris Blaze a Private Message Find more posts by Kris Blaze Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote