KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » Movie Juggernaut VS Movie Thing

Movie Juggernaut VS Movie Thing
Started by: K3VIL

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Movie Juggernaut VS Movie Thing

Movie Juggernaut:
Despite being a shadow of what he's in the 616 Earth, he was showed restrained without the chance to even flex a muscle in steel locks, which must have been highly durable.He was able to pass through Alcatraz reinforced concrete walls like they were paper, walls which were 3 foot thick.He also possess considerable running speed, subsonic, probably around 60 mph, he also leaped from the roof of that H1 of the US Army to the wall without loosing momentum and with ease as well.I wouldn't consider using Wolverine as a punching ball a feat, except for the claws don't piercing his skin, which mean he has a high degree of superhuman durability.Strengthwise I dunno how he could be rated, maybe around Class 40/50 cause he was enough strong to make Logan's heal factor useless.

Movie Thing:
In the first FF4 movie Ben was able to stop the firefighters truck which was sliding on the bridge by grabbing it, a truck like that weights at least 20/30 tons, so he should be at least in that range to do it.He then punched Doom's metallic body without any effort and was able to send him flying as well to crush walls and the floor of that pool.His durability was enough to take Doom's electrical blasts and fall from a skyscraper into a dumptruck and survive without even a scratch.But Doom was able to restrain him and have him ready for the death strike, wasn't for Sue's force field he would've probably been impaled.In the second movie Doom blasted a safedoor into him and he got splat into a wall by the door, and was still conscious when the rest of the FF4 came to see what happened.He also hold the London Eye above his shoulders using probably all of his strength, but he was aided by Sue's force fields.
The fight:
Jugg's advantage is his speed and his major durability, despit being less strong, he could surely hit and meanwhile handle Benji using his superior speed, and take everything he would throw at him, but in the movie I remember him saying he cannot swim, so Ben's only chance is to grab him and throw him into the water ala Hulk in WWH

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 11:00 AM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

I'm not so sure that Juggernaut is weaker than The Thing.

Either way, I'm voting for Juggernaut, being Unstoppable and all that.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 11:19 AM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

quote: (post)
Originally posted by Placidity
I'm not so sure that Juggernaut is weaker than The Thing.

Either way, I'm voting for Juggernaut, being Unstoppable and all that.

Well the fact is the strength feats for the Thing are more than those of Jugg.I do hope they bring him back for a 4th and 5th movie and they make him the badass he deserves to be.And I so hoped in X3 he and Colossus were going to make a slugfest.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 11:28 AM
K3VIL is currently offline Click here to Send K3VIL a Private Message Find more posts by K3VIL Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

I personally believe the Fire Truck weighted more then 20 or 30 tons. I would say somewhere 50 to 100 tons also take in to consideration that most of the truck was over the railing and start to slip.

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 12:34 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Placidity
Chief Executive Officer

Um, 50 tonnes is a possibility. Definately not anywhere near 100 tonnes.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 01:13 PM
Placidity is currently offline Click here to Send Placidity a Private Message Find more posts by Placidity Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
golem370

Thing also shoulder blocked a Semi Truck going around 55mph and it didn't budge him

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 01:28 PM
golem370 is currently offline Click here to Send golem370 a Private Message Find more posts by golem370 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K-Dog

I gotta go with Juggernaut even though I like Thing. We never saw any limitations on movie Juggernaut. When Kitty froze him in the concrete flooring that didn't damage him either. I think he is near invulnerable to physical damage.

Oh, there are the movie vs. forums under the "movies" forums for things like this too, as was pointed out to me yesterday.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 02:27 PM
K-Dog is currently offline Click here to Send K-Dog a Private Message Find more posts by K-Dog Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Bouboumaster

I go with the Thing

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 05:18 PM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Originally posted by golem370
Thing also shoulder blocked a Semi Truck going around 55mph and it didn't budge him

Yeah, good feat indeed, but as K-Dog sayed Jugg's looked almost invulnerable to physical harm, even if they tried to inject with the cure, it wouldn't work, a needle isn't going to pierce his skin.Maybe they restrained him using gas or heavy weaponry.I would've loved to see the U.S. Army using tanks and grenade launchers to see him laughing off at everything they threw at him.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 06:05 PM
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

movie juggernaut SUCKED ! movie thing takes him out easy

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 06:06 PM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
K3VIL
Neutral Force

Originally posted by spidey-dude
movie juggernaut SUCKED ! movie thing takes him out easy

Wow that's the king of the replies, well supported by arguments.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 06:09 PM
Scoobless
sselboocS

It's true though...

shifty

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 08:26 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

movie juggernaut couldnt even knock out wolverine. movie sabretooth gave wolvie a much better fight than movie juggy

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 09:01 PM
spidey-dude is currently offline Click here to Send spidey-dude a Private Message Find more posts by spidey-dude Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
NemeBro

Originally posted by spidey-dude
movie juggernaut couldnt even knock out wolverine. movie sabretooth gave wolvie a much better fight than movie juggy
Movie Juggernaut didn't get hit once,and beat Wolverine's ass. no expression

He wins.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 11:26 PM
NemeBro is currently offline Click here to Send NemeBro a Private Message Find more posts by NemeBro Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Knowsbleed33
You know my name

Movie Juggernaut was a jobber. But movie Thing struggled mightily with that fire truck.

Movie Juggs for a slim margin.

Thanks to Scythe

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 11:32 PM
Knowsbleed33 is currently offline Click here to Send Knowsbleed33 a Private Message Find more posts by Knowsbleed33 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Scoobless
sselboocS

Movie Juggernaut did not even have superhuman strength in the classic sense, his mutant power was to be unstoppable when in motion.

This is why he was unable to free himself from the prison transport - because he couldn't move in order to build momentum. Had movie Thing been in the same position he likely would have ripped the restraints apart.

Not that any of this actually matters, Juggs can't be completely restrained by the Thing here and as long as he's moving he's practically invulnerable.

Do you even KMC???

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 11:43 PM
Scoobless is currently offline Click here to Send Scoobless a Private Message Find more posts by Scoobless Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Newjak
I am Beyond Power

Movie Thing had much better feats in terms of strength and taking damage.

I would say he takes it for a solid, solid majority.

sig by Rao Kal El

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 11:48 PM
Newjak is currently offline Click here to Send Newjak a Private Message Find more posts by Newjak Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
spidey-dude
Restricted

Account Restricted

Originally posted by Dark-Jaxx
Movie Juggernaut didn't get hit once,and beat Wolverine's ass. no expression

He wins.
beat wolverines ass ? he couldnt eve knock him down. in xmen 1 sabretooth knocked out wolverine on the road if you dont remember that.

Old Post Jun 17th, 2008 11:54 PM
golem370

My personal opinion Juggernaut and Silver Surfer were written that way to give the X-Men and Fantastic Four a chance in hell other wise Juggernaut written the way he was in comic books would have destroyed the Movie X-Men dido for the FF with Silver Surfer

Juggernaut66666 made sig

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 01:35 PM
Lord Feron

I wonder how they caught juggernaught in the 1st place if he is invincible and all that ..must be while he was sleeping lol anyway Juggs for the win. Grim seemed to have had to use some effort in eveything he did. Juggs did as he pleased easily (when out of the restraints).

Old Post Jun 18th, 2008 03:43 PM
Lord Feron is currently offline Click here to Send Lord Feron a Private Message Find more posts by Lord Feron Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote