KillerMovies - Movies That Matter!

REGISTER HERE TO JOIN IN! - It's easy and it's free!
Home » Comic Book Forums » Comic Book 'Versus' Forum » KMC Challenge: Create an Amalgam to Defeat Silver Surfer!

KMC Challenge: Create an Amalgam to Defeat Silver Surfer!
Started by: Starscream M

Forum Jump:
Post New Thread    Post A Reply
Pages (2): [1] 2 »   Last Thread   Next Thread
Author
Thread
Starscream M

KMC Challenge: Create an Amalgam to Defeat Silver Surfer!

Your task: Create an amalgam (combining any powers of characters of the low-herald tier or lower) using 10 points or less to defeat the Silver Surfer.

Amalgams get 1 hour to get acclimated to their powers.

Point values: (refer to the tiers thread for guidance)

Low-herald (Cap): 4
High-Meta: 3
Mid and Low-Meta: 2
Street-level: 1

When you create your amalgam, please list the point values for the characters you draft and briefly explain why your amalgam can defeat Silver Surfer.

The Silver Surfer awaits your challenge!

(please log in to view the image)

Defacto Leader of the KMC VS Resistance Movement

Last edited by Starscream M on Oct 28th, 2008 at 03:07 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 02:57 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Vandal Savage, A GL Ring, And some time.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:05 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

quote: (post)
Originally posted by fangirl101
Vandal Savage, A GL Ring, And some time.

1. A GL ring is not a character

2. you didn't list point values for your characters.

3. you get 1 hour...doubt Savage can master a ring's power that fast.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:08 AM
Starscream M is currently offline Click here to Send Starscream M a Private Message Find more posts by Starscream M Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Enyalus
MALE DOMINANCE!!!

Deadpool (2 pts), Ultron (4), and Emma Frost (4)...though honestly I still don't see them beating him.

Last edited by Enyalus on Oct 28th, 2008 at 03:16 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:12 AM
Enyalus is currently offline Click here to Send Enyalus a Private Message Find more posts by Enyalus Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

*Spiderman: spider sense (steet leveler)
*Mimic: He already come with a package of wolverine, beast, northstar (can fly at 98000 mps), cyclops, colossus (mid-low meta)
*Invisible woman (high meta)
*Black bolt (low herald)

The reason I picked spiderman powers is due to his spider sense and agility. Surfer would be hard pressed to hit this character.

Then the has mimic existing powers which allows him to move at 98000 mps with spiderman and cyclops powers along with colossus durability. Even though he is durable wolverine healing factor would also be there to aid him. Then he has invisible womans forcefield that has held off hulk and gladiator and some of the most powerful beings in the universe attacks.

To trump it off he has black bolt amazing scream along with the ability to create black holes, shoot matter destroying blasts, etc....

I think that this character could get a majority over surfer.

Hope I did this right.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:17 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Black Bolt is mid herald. Not allowed.

Wolverine + Flash

shifty

More seriously, something like He-Man + Northstar would be viable. Not sure who would compliment them though.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:17 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Absorbing Man, Lightray, and Multiple Man.
4+4+2

Absorbing man can touch surfer and copy the galactic Glaze and the powers it grants. Lightray is fast enough and durable enough to do get the tag in. And he's got energy manipulation powers that are right up there with the mid and high herald levelers. Multiple man just ensures that they own surfer with multiple copies of themselves.

Last edited by fangirl101 on Oct 28th, 2008 at 03:25 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:21 AM
fangirl101 is currently offline Click here to Send fangirl101 a Private Message Find more posts by fangirl101 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Originally posted by Starscream M
Your task: Create an amalgam (combining any powers of characters of the low-herald tier or lower) using 10 points or less to defeat the Silver Surfer.

Amalgams get 1 hour to get acclimated to their powers.

Point values: (refer to the tiers thread for guidance)

Low-herald (Cap): 4
High-Meta: 3
Mid and Low-Meta: 2
Street-level: 1

When you create your amalgam, please list the point values for the characters you draft and briefly explain why your amalgam can defeat Silver Surfer.

The Silver Surfer awaits your challenge!

(please log in to view the image)

Ms. Marvel(Carol) *Body*= 2pts
Absorbing Man *Powers*= 4pts
Dr. Doom *Mind*= 4 pts

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:22 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
carver9

Originally posted by DigiMark007

Wolverine + Flash

shifty

More seriously, something like He-Man + Northstar would be viable. Not sure who would compliment them though.

Digi, can I make a thread with wolverine+flash if you dont mind? They actually made a amalgam of him but I forgot about him.

On ignore list: Darksaint and Stilt

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:22 AM
carver9 is currently offline Click here to Send carver9 a Private Message Find more posts by carver9 Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by carver9
Digi, can I make a thread with wolverine+flash if you dont mind? They actually made a amalgam of him but I forgot about him.

It's a public forum, so sure. But I'd caution against it personally. Threads like that will only end badly.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:27 AM
Digi is currently offline Click here to Send Digi a Private Message Find more posts by Digi Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Starscream M

Originally posted by fangirl101
Absorbing Man, Lightray, and Multiple Man.
4+4+2

nice one

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:31 AM
darthgoober

Wolverine + Flash

shifty

You could just do a He-Man/Skeletor combo too and not bother with the other two points.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:36 AM
darthgoober is currently offline Click here to Send darthgoober a Private Message Find more posts by darthgoober Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
Digi
Forum Leader

Originally posted by darthgoober
You could just do a He-Man/Skeletor combo too and not bother with the other two points.

...too obvious.

wink

Doom sprang to mind as well, but I was trying to be more creative. Doom's got a winning record against Surfer I think just in 1-on-1, so he's a great pick for this.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:42 AM
Starscream M

Doom's got a winning record against Surfer I think just in 1-on-1
hows that possible without some form of PIS or massive prep (which isn't available)

also, Im surprised heman is a low herald...I thought he'd be higher considering I remember people saying he could beat Thor or Superman potentially

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:46 AM
darthgoober

hows that possible without some form of PIS or massive prep (which isn't available)

also, Im surprised heman is a low herald...I thought he'd be higher considering I remember people saying he could beat Thor or Superman potentially

Nah He Man's Low Herald at best. He could take Supes or Thor in an arm wrestling match or a tug of war, but that's pretty much it(though he could make a fight out of it against Thor).

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:49 AM
Bouboumaster

With this tier: http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t447826.html

Gamora with Godslayer / 4
Ronan The Accuser / 4
Batman / 1

The intellect of Batman

The power of Ronan

The über skillz and most importantly, the weapon that would kill Surfer of Gamora

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:51 AM
Bouboumaster is currently offline Click here to Send Bouboumaster a Private Message Find more posts by Bouboumaster Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote
darthgoober

Might as well post the best(and most obvious) one of all...

Madison Jeffries= 4 pts
Dr. Doom= 4 pts
Forge= 2 pts

Name= Technomancer

Last edited by darthgoober on Oct 28th, 2008 at 03:56 AM

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:54 AM
Digi
Forum Leader

Doom's magical powers are surprising.

And He-Man's lack of flight hurts him. He's also got a lot more low showings than you'd expect from someone at his level.

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 03:55 AM
fangirl101
Restricted

Account Restricted

Darwin
Sage
Magneto

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 04:00 AM
Soljer
Beware my Power

Depowered Lucifer and classic fodder GL.

That willpower combined with a Lantern ring (of the twenty four hour variety) = stomp in favor of Lucy.

[IMG][/IMG]

Old Post Oct 28th, 2008 04:05 AM
Soljer is currently offline Click here to Send Soljer a Private Message Find more posts by Soljer Edit/Delete Message Reply w/Quote Quick Quote